Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jets Receive 4 Compensation Picks

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 17m
    Jets received four compensatory picks: 4th rounder (137 overall) & three sixth-rounders (209, 210, 213). #NYJ now has 12 picks.

Pretty happy about this. Was unsure if we would get a 4th, but I'm assuming it was Laron that netted us the pick. Really happy about that because Landry was extremely overrated when he was here.

With three 4th round picks, gives us some options if we want to explore a trade. I know we can't move the compensatory pick, but I'd be willing to move our original 4th for D-Jax now. I might even be willing to move our 3rd for him. He really would help our team.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/twobox/img/jets_impact/photo/11869870-large.jpg target=_blank>http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/...9870-large.jpg</a></div>

#YearOfTheHill

vCash
    Nice, 3 picks in the 4th loving it and it's a deep draft.

vCash
    I would have preferred a 4th ,5th and 2 7ths, but at least we got the 4th.

Should the Jets decide to keep all of their picks, they will still get quality players in the opening round of Day 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I would have preferred a 4th ,5th and 2 7ths, but at least we got the 4th.

Should the Jets decide to keep all of their picks, they will still get quality players in the opening round of Day 3.
    What do you mean by keep our picks?

vCash
    My thread got no love.

vCash
    Wow 3 4th's and 4 6th rounders! I can definitely see us trading up at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    What do you mean by keep our picks?
    Unless the Jets trade away their picks (minus the compensatory), the Jets could find quality starters in the 4th round.

vCash
    I am loving the 3 x 4th rounders. Now we just need to hit on them. I do expect some additional OL depth this year, but I also think they will look to wheel and deal their original picks.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a little out of NE's playbook....trade a 4th for a 3rd next year, and trade that for a 2nd the following year.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I'd be willing to trade a 3rd for D-Jax now with these picks announced. I'm usually not for the aggressive, flashy moves, but it would be worth it.

With 11 picks still and still the potential to trade down, I'd do it.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/twobox/img/jets_impact/photo/11869870-large.jpg target=_blank>http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/...9870-large.jpg</a></div>

#YearOfTheHill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    I'd be willing to trade a 3rd for D-Jax now with these picks announced. I'm usually not for the aggressive, flashy moves, but it would be worth it.

With 11 picks still and still the potential to trade down, I'd do it.
    Doesn't really change my mind one way or another. I'll deal a 4th for Jackson at most, take it or leave it.

Definitely not giving up a 3rd for him when they have no leverage since they've made it known they will not keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I am loving the 3 x 4th rounders. Now we just need to hit on them. I do expect some additional OL depth this year, but I also think they will look to wheel and deal their original picks.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a little out of NE's playbook....trade a 4th for a 3rd next year, and trade that for a 2nd the following year.
    That would be nice.

vCash
    Wow this thread is so much better than YS's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Doesn't really change my mind one way or another. I'll deal a 4th for Jackson at most, take it or leave it.

Definitely not giving up a 3rd for him when they have no leverage since they've made it known they will not keep him.
    I'd deal a 3rd for him. Dude, we have 11 other picks.

a 1st
    a 2nd
    3 4th round picks
    a 5th
    4 6th round picks
    a 7th

We don't need the 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    My thread got no love.

I saw that too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    I'd deal a 3rd for him. Dude, we have 11 other picks.

a 1st
    a 2nd
    3 4th round picks
    a 5th
    4 6th round picks
    a 7th

We don't need the 3rd.
    Five of those picks are basically worthless, and even the 5th is borderline.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast