Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

woody johsnon "jets in win now mode"

below are a few quotes from owner woody Johnson in an article with ny post. here are some excerpts.. what do you think. all the writing on the wall has rex out if he doesn't make the playoffs. also Does this mean after idziks hiccup on free agents early in the signing period , the jets are aggressive again. ..

A trade is not our primary operating motif right now, he said. Were trying to build through the draft. Building through the draft is a way to build a successful team long term.
    Were always interested in talent, Johnson said. If its somebody that fits into our locker room and understands that he can fit into our culture at a price we can afford or we feel is appropriate, then well do it.
    Weve signed a lot of our own players, Johnson said. Were always looking to make the team better. Its not like were not looking at every single player thats available, because we are. Weve been disciplined, and we know what were looking for. Sustainable success thats what we want.
    At the same time, Johnson made it clear to the Jets and their fans that hes shifted into win-now mode after missing the playoffs each of the past two seasons. Im not going to use the word patient anymore, Johnson said. I want to do it now.
    link below to complete article..

http://nypost.com/2014/03/23/woody-s...s-want-desean/
    Last edited by SINATRACITY; 03-24-2014 at 02:10 PM.

vCash
    I think you are looking into this a bit much. Every thing written is very cliche and politically correct.

I dont think this is worthy of a thread. There is really nothing to talk about here. Sorry, no offense.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Primary Operating Motif. Great album name
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I think you are looking into this a bit much. Every thing written is very cliche and politically correct.

I dont think this is worthy of a thread. There is really nothing to talk about here. Sorry, no offense.
    Its funny how these types of statements lead to the most speculation, people just use the generalization as a way to confirm and fuel their own beliefs.

vCash
    Francesa is going off on the Vick signing right now, I don't think it was that big of a deal
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Francesa is going off on the Vick signing right now, I don't think it was that big of a deal
    Uh oh, somebody is in a bad mood again. GET THE FAT MAN SOME ****ING DOUGHNUTS!

If someone hates Vick because of the dog thing - I get it. But many people out there having done much worse, and he seems to have become a model citizen.

If someone hates the Vick signing because of injuries/age - I get it. But he was brought here to mentor, compete, and push Geno, but make no mistake about it, Geno is the starter as of right now, and Vick is expected to be the on the field coach.

Not sure what else would be wrong with the signing.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    It will be a big deal if Vick beats out Geno for his job. Then we wasted a 2nd rounder for sure. I think signing Vick was a horrible idea. It doesn't fit our free agency approach at all which makes me question if Idzik was just being patient at all. Maybe he just totally screwed up and failed at signing the guys he wanted. There were excellent deals available which would have helped us long term regardless of what your plans are.

Then you add vick for 5 million which makes zero sense to me. Vick won't help Geno. If Geno needs to be pushed in year 2 then he probably isn't the guy anyway. What does signing Vick do exactly? Are we trying to win games or build the team? Are you trying to sell tickets which would mean he is starting, right? What does that say about the future of Geno? Are you trying to carry cap space to future years? Why waste 5 million then on a back up?

It really doesn't make any sense and it doesn't look like Idzik has a plan. He totally ****ed up last year outside of Sheldon so I can't trust his judgement at all. Outside of Sheldon every pick he made was beyond terrible and the signings were marginal at best. What is the purpose of Mike Vick?
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 03-24-2014 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    It will be a big deal if Vick beats out Geno for his job. Then we wasted a 2nd rounder for sure. I think signing Vick was a horrible idea. It doesn't fit our free agency approach at all which makes me question if Idzik was just being patient at all. Maybe he just totally screwed up and failed at signing the guys he wanted. There were excellent deals available which would have helped us long term regardless of what your plans are.

Then you add vick for 5 million which makes zero sense to me. Vick won't help Geno. If Geno needs to be pushed in year 2 then he probably isn't the guy anyway. What does signing Vick do exactly? Are we trying to win games or build the team? Are you trying to sell tickets which would mean he is starting, right? What does that say about the future of Geno? Are you trying to carry cap space to future years? Why waste 5 million then on a back up?

It really doesn't make any sense and it doesn't look like Idzik has a plan. He totally ****ed up last year outside of Sheldon so I can't trust his judgement at all. Outside of Sheldon every pick he made was beyond terrible and the signings were marginal at best. What is the purpose of Mike Vick?
    If a 2nd year QB needs a push then he is a lost cause? I should have stopped reading right there. Mike Vick is a more then serviceable back up, is a similar QB to Geno, knows MM system, and can win us games if he is needed. That is why we signed Mike Vick. Maybe 5mil for a back up is too much, but stop saying Idzik is a failure, he was in playoff contention till the end with a team projected to be at the bottom of the league.

Sidenote-if Vick beats out Geno, then we dont have to spend much more time evaluating him, we can move on at the position instead of having Sanchez 2.0. However, Vick is a veteran QB, with experience in the system and is still talented, and frankly, he SHOULD beat out Geno. But I dont think he will, and I have more belief in Geno than about 75 percent of our "fans"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush520 View Post
    If a 2nd year QB needs a push then he is a lost cause? I should have stopped reading right there. Mike Vick is a more then serviceable back up, is a similar QB to Geno, knows MM system, and can win us games if he is needed. That is why we signed Mike Vick. Maybe 5mil for a back up is too much, but stop saying Idzik is a failure, he was in playoff contention till the end with a team projected to be at the bottom of the league.

Sidenote-if Vick beats out Geno, then we dont have to spend much more time evaluating him, we can move on at the position instead of having Sanchez 2.0. However, Vick is a veteran QB, with experience in the system and is still talented, and frankly, he SHOULD beat out Geno. But I dont think he will, and I have more belief in Geno than about 75 percent of our "fans"
    Let me save you the breath - just stop reading when you see "DMagic" as the author. Pretty much a sure fire bet to rip the team and management. You know, one of those people that thinks every Rookie should be a HOFer in their first year, and Front Office is a joke if they dont sign everyone available for a 10yr $100M fully guaranteed because our team needs to win now.

vCash
    Let me save you the breath - just stop reading when you see "DMagic" as the author. Pretty much a sure fire bet to rip the team and management. You know, one of those people that thinks every Rookie should be a HOFer in their first year, and Front Office is a joke if they dont sign everyone available for a 10yr $100M fully guaranteed because our team needs to win now.
    thanks for the heads up lol

vCash
    I know reading isn't a strong suit for you but anyone who reads my posts will understand that I am far from the sign everyone and win now guy. I have made it known several times I want to tank for a real QB in 2015 draft. I have made it known that I want to carry over cap space which is exactly why I don't like the Mike Vick signing. I think the talent level on this team is on the lower tier and I feel that going for it now would be foolish.

Again, I have noticed you have a hard time reading. All you do is support every decision and twist everyone's words. You overreact and fail to understand the central point many times. Its kinda sad. This is forum and if everyone agreed it would be pretty boring, right?
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 03-24-2014 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    My dad actually watches Francesa and it disgusts me. The guy is a hater, just like my dad. My dad calls himself a Jets fan but constantly critiques every move the Jets make, he's just like Francesa. How in the hell could you not like the Vick signing? The guy is going to be a quality backup and capable starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    I know reading isn't a strong suit for you but anyone who reads my posts will understand that I am far from the sign everyone and win now guy. I have made it known several times I want to tank for a real QB in 2015 draft. I have made it known that I want to carry over cap space which is exactly why I don't like the Mike Vick signing. I think the talent level on this team is on the lower tier and I feel that going for it now would be foolish.

Again, I have noticed you have a hard time reading. All you do is support every decision and twist everyone's words. You overreact and fail to understand the central point many times. Its kinda sad. This is forum and if everyone agreed it would be pretty boring, right?
    Sorry for the delayed response, my 3yr old daughter was busy and couldnt read this to me right away.

Nonetheless, I am sorry for mistaking you as Stoic or NYSpirit....you guys are all so similar with your pessimism, but your specific differentiator is hating on Geno, acting like he has no chance, because...he slipped in a draft where no one was taking QBs.

Nassib and Barkley fell to the 4th for crying out loud. I dont have a problem with you persay, but I cant stand that you think Geno is a failure after one season in which he played pretty damn good all things considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    My dad actually watches Francesa and it disgusts me. The guy is a hater, just like my dad. My dad calls himself a Jets fan but constantly critiques every move the Jets make, he's just like Francesa. How in the hell could you not like the Vick signing? The guy is going to be a quality backup and capable starter.
    LOL - My dad is a hater too. Living in Buffalo, my dad hates Kelly because he chose USFL over Buffalo Bills. To this day he still watches all Bills games and roots against him.

Because of this I am a JETS fan...never felt allegiance to anyone and fell in love with CMartin in '95 (Yes was a PATS fan and followed Martin to the JETS in '98...I was 14 for you haters that wanna rip me )

Nonetheless - I dont love or hate the Vick signing. I love it because hopefully he can help Geno progress. I hate it because it does bring a lot of attention to the locker room, which I am sick of.

vCash
    LOL - My dad is a hater too. Living in Buffalo, my dad hates Kelly because he chose USFL over Buffalo Bills. To this day he still watches all Bills games and roots against him.

Because of this I am a JETS fan...never felt allegiance to anyone and fell in love with CMartin in '95 (Yes was a PATS fan and followed Martin to the JETS in '98...I was 14 for you haters that wanna rip me )

Nonetheless - I dont love or hate the Vick signing. I love it because hopefully he can help Geno progress. I hate it because it does bring a lot of attention to the locker room, which I am sick of.
    Are you gonna walk out on us now cause of Revis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast