Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Should The Heat Really Try to Get The #1 Seed In The East?

As of today's standings the Heat have the #2 seed and the Pacers the #1.

That means the Heat as of today would have to go through the Bobcats, Raptors, or the Wizards before the ECF. Pacers would have the Hawks, Bulls, and Nets before the ECF.

Yes the Heat would like to get home court with the extra home game, but it might be worth it too rest LeBron and Wade to keep them fresh for the playoffs. With 4 games back from the Pacers, this might be a good idea with about 12-14 games left for all.

Your thoughts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    As of today's standings the Heat have the #2 seed and the Pacers the #1.

That means the Heat as of today would have to go through the Bobcats, Raptors, or the Wizards before the ECF. Pacers would have the Hawks, Bulls, and Nets before the ECF.

Yes the Heat would like to get home court with the extra home game, but it might be worth it too rest LeBron and Wade to keep them fresh for the playoffs. With 4 games back from the Pacers, this might be a good idea with about 12-14 games left for all.

Your thoughts.
    Well, you're assuming that the other teams will remain in their same positions in this scenario, and those teams are as close as 0.5 games apart, so that likely won't be the case. Maybe you're right, though, it does sort of feel like these two squads are trying to out-suck each other right now (nh). Either way, the West teams are sitting here crying at the "tough" scenario to the ECF. "Must be nice".

vCash
    Seeding should not be their primary concern at the moment. Playing as a cohesive unit is far more important.

Plus in my opinion the 2nd seed actually gives them an easier path to the ECF at this stage. And I am saying this as a Raptors fan who thinks we have a legit shot at making the 2nd round.

vCash
    lol as Tredigs mentioned things could change. But I would think that the higher teams would want to deal with a team with little playoff experience... for example, if things stand, and the Raptors/Wizards are a first round match-up, I'm pretty sure that the higher team in their bracket wouldn't mind lol

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    The irony is the #1 seed gets screwed having to play a tough Nets or Bulls team in round 2.

vCash
    not at the expense of not resting Wade and LeBron.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Ah, I see.

This is where the Heat fans are thinking about the "easy" road to the finals, even if it means giving up HCA to Indiana.

As if being in the East isn't easy enough...

J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    They'll turn it on soon, when they're done coasting. Either that or lbj, wade, and bosh already have free agency on their minds
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    Who they play isn't nearly as important as HCA vs Indy, which isn't nearly as important as ensuring their top guys are rested for when most important.

vCash
    I don't think they care about it. And neither they should, Lakers didn't care about it when they were about to threepeat. At this point, HCA isn't much of a worry for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan:28204678
    Ah, I see.

This is where the Heat fans are thinking about the "easy" road to the finals, even if it means giving up HCA to Indiana.

As if being in the East isn't easy enough...

No this is where heat fans are thinking let Indy have the #1 seed while Miami rests up for the playoffs. Thanks for letting us know what we're thinking Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrayhc View Post
    No this is where heat fans are thinking let Indy have the #1 seed while Miami rests up for the playoffs. Thanks for letting us know what we're thinking Einstein.
    You DO realize that historically the team with HCA is 45-18 in the finals? And it's even WORSE if you stick to relatively recent history with game 7's...

In the last 30 postseasons, home teams are a combined 17-2 in Game 7s in the Conference Finals and NBA Finals.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...cal-storylines

But you guys go ahead and rest up for the Playoffs with the #2 seed...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Health is what matters. If they're healthy, they can beat anyone, anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan:28205169
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrayhc View Post
    You DO realize that historically the team with HCA is 45-18 in the finals? And it's even WORSE if you stick to relatively recent history with game 7's...

In the last 30 postseasons, home teams are a combined 17-2 in Game 7s in the Conference Finals and NBA Finals.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...cal-storylines

But you guys go ahead and rest up for the Playoffs with the #2 seed...
    Yea Albert because you know better than them what's best for them. They are a old team so the best thing for them would be to go full throttle for the rest of the reg season.

vCash
    I'm very curious to see how the two teams play against each other on Wednesday. Right now they're both playing such terrible basketball and if one of them picks it up over the next two months, they could have a cake walk to the Finals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast