Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Our New 3B Coach?

In watching the opening series this weekend, it seems the new 3B coach had a couple of gaffes that could have been costly, yet I haven't heard/read anything about it. Who knows what actually happened, but it didn't look good either way.

On Gonzalez's supposed stolen base, and subsequent move to third on the errant throw, I have to believe there was a hit and run on, or so he thought when he took off for second. He and Bundy had a discussion when he was standing on third, which I am guessing was about a crossed signal in that regard?

Also, he seemed to stop Ryu from heading home, extremely late, which has led to an issue with his toenail. He actually split the nail trying to put on the brakes. Shouldn't the brakes have been on the whole time in that situation? He did finish the game, but I hope there is not a lingering effect here.

I just wondered if anyone else had similar thoughts - 3B coach is a pretty important job on the coaching staff.

vCash
    I did not see the Gonzalez play.

But I definitely agree with the Ryu play...he was waving him in the whole way and put the stop sign way late and now that that has led to the toenail issue...not a good start.

Hopefully Donnie had a nice long chat with him on the plane ride home.

vCash
    I forgot Trey Hillman got fired.

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laker2dodger View Post
    I forgot Trey Hillman got fired.
    Hillman was the bench coach last year, with Wallach at 3rd. He's now been moved into the dugout as bench coach.

Evidently Ryu is fine from what I've read - they're considering him for the Sunday night start away, along with Greinke or Haren.