Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If D-Jax Comes It Changes the Draft

1) Jace Amaro TE- This would give us an explosive offense, every QB dream.

2) Marcus Roberson CB- We got to get some help at CB since Cro is gone.

3) Cyril Richardson G- Huge road grader to groom to replace Colon.

4a) Trevor Reilly OLB- Smart linebacker from a good defensive football team.

4b) Terrence West RB- Fast stocky RB to put into the rotation

5) Colt Leyrla TE- Possible replacement for Bohannon. Tons of talent but troubled past. This would be a good spot to take a high risk, high reward type.
    Last edited by Toon88; 03-23-2014 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    1) Jace Amaro TE- This would give us an explosive offense, every QB dream.

2) Marcus Roberson CB- We got to get some help at CB since Cro is gone.

3) Cyril Richardson G- Huge road grader to groom to replace Colon.

4a) Trevor Reilly OLB- Smart linebacker from a good defensive football team.

4b) Terrence West RB- Fast stocky RB to put into the rotation

5) Colt Leyrla TE- Possible replacement for Bohannon. Tons of talent but troubled past. This would be a good spot to take a high risk, high reward type.
    Personally I would love if Idzik was ballsy and took Amaro or Ebron in the first round even IF we acquired Jackson. Really would make us a lethal team.

vCash
    If D-Jax comes, I'd do this:

1) CB Jason Verrett - I absolutely love his game and I don't think his size matters because his speed and athleticism makes up for it. Aggressive in the run game and on blitzes as well.

2) FS Terrence Brooks - He's a very athletic and physical safety that I think Rex would love to have.

3) OLB Marcus Smith - Pass-rushing OLB who can also drop back into coverage in a pinch

4) G Dakota Dozier - Small school interior lineman who gives us quality depth

4) TE CJ Fierdorwicz - Big and athletic possession TE with very good blocking skills

5) WR Mike Davis - Can stretch the field and has an impressive skillset to work with

vCash

I Would Like That Too

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Personally I would love if Idzik was ballsy and took Amaro or Ebron in the first round even IF we acquired Jackson. Really would make us a lethal team.
    The offense has been so neglected by the Jets its time to load up and give Smith/Vick multiple options. We D-Jax, Decker, Kerley in the slot and Amaro running underneath it would open up the running game also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If D-Jax comes, I'd do this:

1) CB Jason Verrett - I absolutely love his game and I don't think his size matters because his speed and athleticism makes up for it. Aggressive in the run game and on blitzes as well.

2) FS Terrence Brooks - He's a very athletic and physical safety that I think Rex would love to have.

3) OLB Marcus Smith - Pass-rushing OLB who can also drop back into coverage in a pinch

4) G Dakota Dozier - Small school interior lineman who gives us quality depth

4) TE CJ Fierdorwicz - Big and athletic possession TE with very good blocking skills

5) WR Mike Davis - Can stretch the field and has an impressive skillset to work with
    They can do better. Verrett is good but he is a little CB and probably could be had in the 2nd. With big receivers like Johnson, LaFell, Marshall he would be overmatched. The others in your mock I've never heard of will have to look them up. I think Idzik will not go defense again with this draft. We need to get into the end zone.

vCash
    They can do better. Verrett is good but he is a little CB and probably could be had in the 2nd. With big receivers like Johnson, LaFell, Marshall he would be overmatched. The others in your mock I've never heard of will have to look them up. I think Idzik will not go defense again with this draft. We need to get into the end zone.
    Verrett will be gone in the 1st.

He is better than a guy like Dennard, watch the tape. Dennard grabs a ton and always looks a step behind on deep patterns. He's also pretty stiff and misses tackles.

I'll probablt take Kyle Fuller over Dennard too. But I think there is a better chance we go with a corner in the 1st as opposed to a TE. The difference between Amaro and CJ isn't that large imo.

The thing with CJ is that he is less flashy and he doesn't have the numbers Amaro did because he was used a lot more like a traditional TE on a team without a great passing game.

vCash

Why do we need to replace Bohanon?

vCash
    The rumors teams for Jackson were originally: Jets, Panthers, Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks and Raiders.

The Jets and Raiders are the only ones that actually have the assets & cap to get Jackson. The Seahawks and 49ers are now reported with no interest. Patriots and Panthers don't have cap.

vCash
    Oh, and if we get D-Jax, they SHOULD neglect offense early in the draft because the needs will be filled mostly. We haven't signed a starting defensive player in FA yet, while we signed Decker and Giacomini.

If we DON'T get D-Jax, we should absolutely go for a WR in the 1st or in the 2nd at the latest and try to stock up.

vCash
    Even if the Jets acquire DJax, if TE EEbron is on the board you draft him, period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Even if the Jets acquire DJax, if TE EEbron is on the board you draft him, period.
    Agree with this, not big on Amaro here though

vCash
    I'm not that big on Ebron either. I still don't love the idea of a TE in the 1st.

I think Rex will go with CB Bradley Roby. He was thought of as a Top 10-15 pick after 2012, but his poor 2013 knocked him down. But a great combine to showcase his excellent skills brought him back into the discussion.

That's if we bring in D-Jax of course, and he might still do that even if we don't get him.

vCash
    Oh, and if we get D-Jax, they SHOULD neglect offense early in the draft because the needs will be filled mostly. We haven't signed a starting defensive player in FA yet, while we signed Decker and Giacomini.

If we DON'T get D-Jax, we should absolutely go for a WR in the 1st or in the 2nd at the latest and try to stock up.
    Do you understand the concept of long-term planning?

What happens next year when Kerley is looking for big money?

Should they cave give in because there are no other options like they did with Holmes, have a better option, or just let him go and deplete their WR's like the did when Sanchez was the QB?

Eli became "elite" because the Giants invested in weapon that would make him better even though the team let their best WR's leave.
    Last edited by Mr. Magoo; 03-24-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    d Jackson complicates things if he becomes a jets. but the jets should still get a receiver. kerley hill nelson are going into the season where they have to prove themselves. hill has to have a breakout year, the team is down on hill, and he will be gone at the end of the season if he doesn't do well. nelson can play , he is a two time champion in college. I think he will be solid if not surprise people next season. but if the injury bug hits him he will also lose value. kerley is going into a contract year, and seeing how idzik values people with contracts if kerley has a good season he could get more money from another team and be gone like what happened with howard this year.

decker is here for 2 years.

d Jackson will cost 10 mil + and a draft pick (that's revis right back at us) he will be cut as soon as rex is gone (one year)

there is no long term wr on this team. this is the best draft we will see in 3+ years when it comes to the depth at wr. get the best wr you can as soon as you can. get another wr later in the draft to return kick offs and punts can play 3rd down and some 4 wr sets. this is the most logical thing to do. insurance for kerley hill nelson. And the team gets to have a long term solution at wr. a foundation not fill ins.

vCash
    I'm not that big on Ebron either. I still don't love the idea of a TE in the 1st.

I think Rex will go with CB Bradley Roby. He was thought of as a Top 10-15 pick after 2012, but his poor 2013 knocked him down. But a great combine to showcase his excellent skills brought him back into the discussion.

That's if we bring in D-Jax of course, and he might still do that even if we don't get him.
    I agree with youngstuna not a big fan of ebron or amaro we can get nikolas (nd) big frame good blocker /Jenkins (was) nice size good hands also played basketball for a little bit / fiedorowics (iowa) in the second or third round I would grab niklas in the second.

We need either WR /CB /OLB with the number one pick even if we get Jackson !!!!!

Magoo is right Eli had weapons and that is what we need only way to beat a good defense is with a great offense.

If Watkins or cook are off the board would any of you want kelvin Benjamin from fsu 6'5" looked good on film and at pro day would rather him then lee or odell. I personally would like cook or Benjamin since we cant get Watkins who I have watched the last two years my wife is a Clemson alumni and a die hard Clemson football fan.

I also like OLB barr if he slips out of top 10 but I doubt that will happen or S pryor from louisville
    Last edited by Ldog14; 03-24-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast