Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bucs' Mike Williams stabbed in the leg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams is at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa after a spokeswoman with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says Williams was stabbed in the thigh at his exclusive home in the gated community of Avila at 17027 Candeleda De Avila.

Cristal Bermudez Nunez says it happened Sunday afternoon and the football player's brother is suspected of stabbing him. Nunez is not releasing the brother's name at this time but says they are looking for him this evening.

Williams has been in trouble with the law recently. He faces trespassing and criminal mischief charges after an incident in December and has had multiple domestic problems, including damaging neighbor's property.

His off-the-field issues have caught the attention of the Buccaneers' new head coach, Lovie Smith.

"There's a pattern here and it's disturbing. No one is bigger than this football team," Smith said in February. "He has to understand that."

"Have I been disappointed in Mike Williams? Of course," Smith added. "There's a standard. We're just not going to put up with it, no matter who it is.

"You have to be good on the field and off the field. Simple as that. And if you're not doing what you need to do one or the other, you have problems and that's where Mike has to take care of a few things."

Williams signed a $40 million contract last off-season. 10 News has reached out to the Buccaneers. The team is gathering information at this time.
    Bucs wanted the headlines to stop and here we are.. I know Mike's the victim but the drama seems to be following him around a little to much.

He has no trade value and if cut (no pun' intended) it would create a 6.4m cap hit

Link: http://www.wtsp.com/story/sports/nfl...abbed/6803389/
    Last edited by bucc4life; 03-23-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added Link.

vCash
    Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith was already disturbed about the pattern of behavior by wide receiver Mike Williams.

Now he has to worry about Williams’ health.

According to Bobby Lewis of WTSP, Williams remains in St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa after being stabbed in the thigh by his brother.

A spokeswoman from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said Williams was stabbed in the at his home on Sunday afternoon. Police are still looking for the brother in question.

There hasn’t been any comment from the Buccaneers at the moment, as they continue to gather information.

Another incident might not sit well with them a year after he signed a $40 million contract, but they now have to be concerned about his physical condition.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gh-by-brother/

vCash
    I hate to say it, but it's becoming more and more obvious that MW19 just can't seem to get out of his own way. That's putting it nicely. Victim or not, the distractions continue to mount and it's only a matter of time before Lovie & co. decide to cut the cord.

Pretty sad.

vCash
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TKiv18 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it's becoming more and more obvious that MW19 just can't seem to get out of his own way. That's putting it nicely. Victim or not, the distractions continue to mount and it's only a matter of time before Lovie & co. decide to cut the cord.

Pretty sad.
    Sad indeed, one of my favorite current players. But, he's gone now, there's no way we retain him, he'll be on new england's roster very soon. D-Jax seems very possible now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justintyme View Post
    Sad indeed, one of my favorite current players. But, he's gone now, there's no way we retain him, he'll be on new england's roster very soon. D-Jax seems very possible now.
    Lmao your probably right.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justintyme View Post
    Their Shopping Ammandola Around, and they love picking up our problem players. I say we do a one for one trade. Either way, it seems like we can't hide what are first pick will be right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I-4_Fan View Post
    Their Shopping Ammandola Around, and they love picking up our problem players. I say we do a one for one trade. Either way, it seems like we can't hide what are first pick will be right now.
    You ain't lying about our first pick, and the only ones I'm comfortable with are watkins or bridge(offensively, other than ol). They're just the two most surefire players in our predicted range, offensively. Unfortunately, I don't see any chance of either falling to us right now, maybe Sammie, not bridge that's for sure.

vCash
    I'm really high on Mike Evans. If Watkins is gone I wouldn't mind grabbing that beast from TAMU. The reason I feel like Manziel is over rated is cause he had a younger version of V-Jax he was throwing the ball to.

Other then Watkins and Evans, I think we need a pass rusher. I heard Barr is raw in enough and big enough that we can try and move him to LE, but if that doesn't work or if Clayborn ends up being a good LE, then we can push him to the SAM and let him play from their.

But at this point, I think Watkins and Evans are 1 and 2 on our draft board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    this sums everything up...

vCash
    The only place in the world where people get blamed for getting stabbed.

Man up you wet wipes.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    The only place in the world where people get blamed for getting stabbed.

Man up you wet wipes.
    Where there’s smoke there’s fire man. He was already on thin ice coming and and the old regime questioned his seriousness. Then he goes and gets stabbed by his brother??? Someone who is suppose to biologically always be there for you haha...It really could not be his fault at all but it still happened and he is surrounding himself with the wrong people obviously. Plus Lovie and Licht do not seem to care who we cut or let go so it is a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    Where there’s smoke there’s fire man. He was already on thin ice coming and and the old regime questioned his seriousness. Then he goes and gets stabbed by his brother??? Someone who is suppose to biologically always be there for you haha...It really could not be his fault at all but it still happened and he is surrounding himself with the wrong people obviously. Plus Lovie and Licht do not seem to care who we cut or let go so it is a possibility.
    Exactly, well said. This is like Talib all over again, just one thing after another. I guarantee, they're looking into djax now, or really focusing on the wrs in the draft, probably both.

vCash
    Just ignore Bwall. I'm 97% sure that someone hacked his account and just now trolls awful ideas constantly.
    [CENTER][[CENTER]

vCash
    Damn I haven't been too active but I've noticed bwall the guy who was pissed @ me fa being a dick a while back has been acting like a negative azz ble-each... Hate it or love it, it needs to be said! We've had our issues in this forum, we had each others back as well, we've gotten find common ground in here fellas, cause with the ish this organization has put us as fans through, we all we got til this thing gets turned around!

We need to fast on our insults towards each other Ya feel me, let's focus on this ship gettin right, and if you disagree wit sumbody respectfully disagree and kindly explain why!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast