Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Paul George: Biggest Disappointment of the 2013-2014 season

I thought this kid was going to catapult himself into superstardom.

Have you ever seen such a massive drop off in production from start of season to now the way we've seen Paul George basically collapse?

vCash
    And a high % of people was saying he was better than James Harden.... NOPE!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    Defensively he's worth ten of Harden. Shame about the offense.

Good to see someone on here calling George out though by making this thread, if it was LBJ or Durant who fell off like this you would never hear the end of it, nobody seems to hold George too the same expectations though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Glad someone acknowledged it

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    It was his performance in the playoffs last year. He played great basketball and took it up a level, and I think people expected that to carry over to this season.

And he has improved this year, no doubt, but I think people want to see him scoring 25 a game, and he's just not going to do that because that is not how the Pacers run their offense. Everybody gets time with the ball, like with the Spurs (though the style may differ). Pacers play team ball. You put Melo on that team, and his average is going to drop.

I think Paul is expected to focus on defense, and the Pacers have encouraged the development of Stephenson, which has reduced the increase in PG's averages. This is similar to Granger getting to a certain level and then regressing a bit when the Pacers started to develop PG. It is good for the team.

They have the best record in the east right now, despite a slip in play, and PG's had a bad couple of games over the last couple of nights, but overall he is having a great year.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Defensively he's worth ten of Harden. Shame about the offense.

Good to see someone on here calling George out though by making this thread, if it was LBJ or Durant who fell off like this you would never hear the end of it, nobody seems to hold George too the same expectations though.
    Harden defense has gotten better as the season has went on, its not as bad as it once was.. but people who don't watch Rockets game will assume he's a poor defender just because of his reputation, but lets not act like Curry is a outstanding defender either... if he's worth 10 of Harden of defense then that same argument can be made for Curry

vCash
    I'm thinking it's the off the court stuff getting to his head, with the baby momma drama and now getting catfished.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    nobody seems to hold George too the same expectations though.
    I think the obvious reason for that is because he simply isn't in their category. PG may be top five at his position, but he isn't even top-ten in the league, and LBJ and KD are the two best players on the planet.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash

Paul George: Biggest Disappointment of the 2013-2014 season

He got off to a good start and some people were elevating him to almost elite status. He's regressed since then noticeably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

vCash
    doesn't matter.
    we will see what he can do in the playoff.

vCash
    Breeding the stripper and sending dick pics have made him suck

vCash
    I would take him over Harden, simply because as good as Harden is offensively, he is that bad defensively.

But I did think those that were trying to put PG on LeBron/Durant level early on were being ridiculous. He is a 2nd tier star at best right now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I see PG as a play-off player. We just have to wait to see what PG and the pacers do in the play-offs.

vCash
    Harden defense has gotten better as the season has went on, its not as bad as it once was.. but people who don't watch Rockets game will assume he's a poor defender just because of his reputation, but lets not act like Curry is a outstanding defender either... if he's worth 10 of Harden of defense then that same argument can be made for Curry
    why bring Curry into this?

Harden is a poor defender. Period. I have watched the Rox play 30 times this year. His biggest issue that I see is, he has poor defensive awareness. And he just isn't quick enough with his feet to stop blow by's.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    22/7/4 and 1st seed in the east is really dissapointing.

LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast