Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Those Three Games

I see no one has cared to post about the two home games against Utah and Minnesota and the away game in Cleveland as they weren't very competitive and they were against weaker opponents but these were the games The Rockets would choke on in years past and even earlier this year. And coming off those three crushing losses at OKC, Chicago and Miami and the fact that Dwight was out (and they were lesser opponents) it was a recipe for an upset. But Harden was on fire, DMo turned it up a few notches, Jones had some great streaks and Parsons seems like he's getting his groove back.

Also, I was at the Wolves game and after a game here or there over the years I've now realized that yeah, I like games on TV more than in person. Also, Chandler came out after halftime and stole Clutch's ball (where Clutch always tries the over the head half court shot) and Parsons drilled it from the half line. Clutch was non too pleased until he finally made his signature shot a few minutes later.

Also, the food sucks for pescatarians like us (I feel so much healthier and I still overeat garbage). The only thing they had besides popcorn and pretzels and crap like that was Papa Johns Cheese Pizza which tastes like **** and they ran out of it from the first stand we went to so we wasted 10 minutes right before tip off. Yeah, why wouldn't you have enough pizzas to start the game? And people are just dicks. The reason we waited for so long was the one guy in front of us made the girl go all the way down to the hot dog area. You want pizza? Get in the pizza line. You want a hot dog? Get in the hot dog line.

Wow. Kinda overreacted there.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 03-23-2014 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    The Cleveland game was the only one I was able to watch because of college, and Harden was unbelievable last night. They just didn't have an answear for him, at all. When his three-pointers are falling and he is going to the line, he is as close to unstoppable as you'll get. And he has been amazing from outside as of late, he's 43% from there in his last 20 games making over 3 a game. Since the All-Star break (16 games) he is averaging 27 and 7 on 50% and 45% shooting averages.

After he sat down in the 4th though, we could not get points from anywhere. Of course Howard was out, but we almost blew a nerly 30-point lead. The Cavs could have cut down to six with more than a minute to go, but they turned the ball over on what should have been an easy layup.

Parsons has been Parsons in the last two games after a really, really bad stretch. Beverley has been awesome on the offensive end. Asik is still Asik when he's starting. And I'm really glad we didn't move him at the deadline, mostly because Motiejunas has been such a pleasent surprise. Last two games he is 14-16 for 31 points in just 45 minutes.

We still haven't figured out the backup 3 position. Hamilton came already playing the most minutes after the trade, then Garcia got some opportunies, and he played well against OKC, and not it's Casspi time again and he was solid against Minny. It's good that they use those easier games to see what they've really got from those three.

And I think that Canaan will prove to be another Morey's second round steal in the future.

Now we have a tougher stretch starting tomorrow. Charlotte, that just blew out Portland by 30, Brooklin, Toronto, Oklahoma and Clippers coming up. And a lot of away games until the end. Fortunately the three toughest most important games are at home agaisnt LA, SA and OKC, and 8 of the last 13 games are against below 50 teams.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I'll be honest. Between my promotion at work, family stuff and all the research I've been doing the last week in terms of finding a new place to live for myself and my fiancee, I didn't watch hardly any of the last three games. I still followed them, and I'm glad they were able to dominate after those three disheartening losses. But sometimes life takes over, and these weren't really critical games.

But I've been paying pretty close attention to the standings, and I'm very pleased to see how the West is shaking out. At this point, the 1, 2, 3 and 4 seeds are very likely to remain unless one team plays out of their minds and/or another completely falls apart down the stretch. I said a few weeks ago that Portland in the first round and San Antonio in the second would be ideal, as both OKC and the Clippers are horrible matchups for Houston. That's the way things are looking.

However, if Portland continues to fall off and gets passed by the Warriors, that first round matchup will be a hell of a lot harder. I still think Houston wins that playoff series, but I'd be a lot more confident in saying that if it was Portland and not Golden State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'll be honest. Between my promotion at work, family stuff and all the research I've been doing the last week in terms of finding a new place to live for myself and my fiancee, I didn't watch hardly any of the last three games. I still followed them, and I'm glad they were able to dominate after those three disheartening losses. But sometimes life takes over, and these weren't really critical games.

But I've been paying pretty close attention to the standings, and I'm very pleased to see how the West is shaking out. At this point, the 1, 2, 3 and 4 seeds are very likely to remain unless one team plays out of their minds and/or another completely falls apart down the stretch. I said a few weeks ago that Portland in the first round and San Antonio in the second would be ideal, as both OKC and the Clippers are horrible matchups for Houston. That's the way things are looking.

However, if Portland continues to fall off and gets passed by the Warriors, that first round matchup will be a hell of a lot harder. I still think Houston wins that playoff series, but I'd be a lot more confident in saying that if it was Portland and not Golden State.
    That's great to hear, man. Congratulations for everything.

I think we could still catch the Clippers. We're just 1 1/2 game behind them and we face them at home. And they have some tough games left, against OKC, Portland, PHX and Dallas twice. Of course, as of now finishing at third means getting OKC in the 2nd round. But they're just 2 games behind San Antonio, and there are plenty of games left, so who knows what team finishes 1st.

I'm torn about Portland or Golden State. I think they're at the same level, although the Warriors have been much better lately. We have maneged to defend Curry pretty well with Curry, but we couldn't find an answear to Aldridge and he just killed our defense in every game this season. Considering both schedules and how they have been playing, I would bet the Warriors finish 5th. Either way, we'll have HCA and that's enough for me not to worry much about the matchup.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros