Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Yankees Looking to Trade Ichiro?

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Yankees are said willing to offset a part of Ichiro Suzuki's $6.5-million salary in the right deal, sources said.

The Yankees would seek to receive a good prospect back but are said by rival executives amendable to paying down a portion of his $6.5 million salary under those circumstances.

Ichiro, 40, only fits as a backup outfielder with the Yankees, as their starting outfield is stacked with younger stars Jacoby Ellsbury, Carlos Beltran and Brett Gardner. The Yankees also have Alfonso Soriano, who's looked very good this spring -- "better than before," one scout said -- so Ichiro, the international icon, will be an unusually limited role.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman declined comment about any possible trades talks, though there is no evidence anything's hot at the moment. That could change depending on team needs. the Tigers are one team that suffered a loss in the outfield when the lefty-hitting Andy Dirks was lost for a few months after having back surgery.

Cashman, however, said he had "no concern" about Ichiro taking to a role as a fourth outfielder after being such a worldwide star throughout his illustrious career. Cashman actually said Ichiro would make a fine fourth outfielder.

"He's a great defender and he can steal a base," Cashman said. "He provides us with options."

Ichiro hit .262 with seven home runs and a .639 OPS last year, and he's hitting .225 so far this spring.

Ownership gave Ichiro a two-year deal two winters ago likely in part because of his popularity and maketability.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...de-makes-sense

vCash
    Ichiro back to Seattle for Felix!

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Ichiro for Matsui on Old Timer's Day.

Actually, any prospect would do with the Yankees paying 1/2 his salary.

vCash
    Ichiro for JuJu!!!!!!

FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    The Tigers could be a fit, they could use a LFer. But I doubt they would trade much, maybe some AA prospect that I need to look to see what it would fit the Yankees farm.
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    I hope he does get traded. I'd much rather see Almonte make the team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It would be sad to see him go but I would love to see Amonte up here too.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It would be sad to see him go but I would love to see Amonte up here too.
    I would too. At least give a younger player the chance to make noise rather than a 40 year old who is declining.

vCash
    They have been trying to trade him ALL off-season.

I said it last year as well as a few others, 2 years was a bad deal for us for him he has been in a decline for years.

He had gotten a two year offer from Philly, so we had to match to keep him. Or maybe it was a ploy to help land Takana as they knew he was going to get posted(this was before the whole new contract with Japanese teams in regards to the posting system, although I doubt this had anything to do with it) this most recent off-season

I can't blame Cashman for this one as much as I want to; this was an OWNERSHIP move because they hoped he would get those hits so they could cash in a bit on all the attention and sales it would bring.

I know Philly is looking for a starter and they had extreme interest in Ichiro last year, so Maybe Ichiro + Warren for (Someone can fill this in, I don't know of any one we could get from them to possibly help the bullpen or infield from Philly)
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 03-23-2014 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    Ichiro to Seattle for Montero.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Have to get Zoilo as 4th outfielder. He has mighty potential. .400BA this spring! boom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Even if they had to eat his entire salary and only got back a B+ type prospect they should do it. Zoilo can pretty much do anything Ichiro can do at this point. Theirs a descent chance with how much Ellsbury gets gets hurt and the added injury risk due to age for both Beltran and Soriano that he could see some significant playing time. It would be a shame if the kid can't get any playing time because he's stuck behind an over payed, over the hill big name player. Zoilo might not ever be a legit starting OFer but he has all the tools to be a hell of a 4th ofer for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Ichiro to Seattle for Montero.
    Honestly, I'd be all for it. I'd rather roll the dice on some potential upside than keep Ichiro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Honestly, I'd be all for it. I'd rather roll the dice on some potential upside than keep Ichiro.
    Did you enjoy your vaca?

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Did you enjoy your vaca?
    You mean working too much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast