Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Most overrated draft class of all time?

Might be overreacting due to all the upsets but could this draft class be one of the most overrated classes of all time.

vCash
    Could be, or it could be the best draft class of all time. We will know in 5-15 years.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    so the upsets are the reason for individual players to be bad? it really shouldnt come as a surprise,there is a lot of parity in the ncaa this year.these guys are losing to teams that have been playing together for years.you cant just roll a ball onto the court with a bunch of kids who havent(well barley) played together and dominate a team that has played together for years.and a shortened 3pt line which makes nonathletic shooters a lot more deadly than the nba=its a recipe for upsets(you dont need to be a freak of nature,just some unrecruited(or barely recruited) white kid who can stroke it and you'll be as deadly in ncaa level as anyone)

...i thought people would be loving this,real teams(guys who have been together for years) v. mercs(18 year olds who will only play together for 30 some games before parting ways)

it has nothing to do with talent of the kids,but just the dynamic i stated above.you are overreacting ,the game is different at that level,the skills to succeed in the nba arent favored in the perimeter oriented ncaa
    Last edited by abe_froman; 03-23-2014 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    2012 will be a better draft then this one

Davis
    Drummond
    Lillaird
    Beal
    Ross
    Henson
    Sullinger
    Barnes
    Waiters

And many other productive players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post

Davis
    Drummond
    Lillaird
    Beal
    Ross
    Henson
    Sullinger
    Barnes
    Waiters

I can see that happening. This class gave us what is shaping to be the best C in the next 10-15 yrs, best PF and best PG along with a plethora of great all star potential players.

vCash

Davis
    Drummond
    Lillaird
    Beal
    Ross
    Henson
    Sullinger
    Barnes
    Waiters

Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I can see that happening. This class gave us what is shaping to be the best C in the next 10-15 yrs, best PF and best PG along with a plethora of great all star potential players.
    best C, PF, PG man let's not get carried away. Davis might be the best C but those other two definitely not. I always love this looking back on, hindsight nonsense. No one was saying 2012 was a great class now all of sudden because you think 2014 is going to be overhyped 2012 is superior. Just wait and see before comparing classes.

vCash
    You would not be saying this if suns had our 1st rounder this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    best C, PF, PG man let's not get carried away. Davis might be the best C but those other two definitely not. I always love this looking back on, hindsight nonsense. No one was saying 2012 was a great class now all of sudden because you think 2014 is going to be overhyped 2012 is superior. Just wait and see before comparing classes.
    2012 has always been considered a really good draft class and was just about as hyped as this one is.

vCash
    yup, lets call them all busts before they've played a game of pro ball.

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    2012 has always been considered a really good draft class and was just about as hyped as this one is.
    Really good draft class? No I never heard that about that draft. It may have been called decent but really good? you are exaggerating big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Really good draft class? No I never heard that about that draft. It may have been called decent but really good? you are exaggerating big time.
    Wow, you dont know what your talking about. That draft had alot of hype. Davis and Drummond both had alot of hype coming into college and that was the year following top prospects like Sullinger, Barnes and Perry Jones returning to school. It was a very hyped draft.

vCash
    We gotta pump the breaks a bit here. It is overreacting. The insignificance of having ONE bad game as an 18 or 19 year old couldn't be overstated. It means nothing. These are prospects...results in college isn't what's going to make these guys productive NBA players.

There's one player in last year's draft that I'd take in the top 8-9 this year, and he's the one that didn't play a single game.

vCash
    Seriously.......Wiggins could still be in Highschool had he not re-classified. People saying Embiid parker and wiggins will be busts cuz their team lost early, didnt durant go out in the 2nd round too ?

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    You would not be saying this if suns had our 1st rounder this year
    Lol what does that have to do with anything. We can always trade up. Multiple picks including LA's next year . Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, Len, The Twins and Goodwin as well as cap space to absorb bad contracts. So make your point .

And bootsy Davis is a PF and he will be the best PF of the next 10-15 yrs. Drummond needs to work on his FT and offense but with the lack of C's he has everything to be the best C in the league and Lillard will be undoubtedly the best pg(top 3 at least), barring injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Seriously.......Wiggins could still be in Highschool had he not re-classified. People saying Embiid parker and wiggins will be busts cuz their team lost early, didnt durant go out in the 2nd round too ?
    Ever heard of this guy named "Shaq" either

It's so dumb. These are kids. They're "PROSPECTS". You can't expect them to have a great game EVERY time out (Wiggins' last 4 were tremendous). You can't expect the polish to be there. You can't expect them to be a year away from dominating the NBA...even the best NBA prospects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast