Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Scherzer reportedly turns down 6yr/140 million dollar deal

@jaysonst: Source says #Tigers offer to Scherzer was under Verlander AAV ($25.7M) but still in top 6 in MLB. For more . . . http://t.co/0Rb9Y8g3Kn

If true, he is stupid.

vCash
    Unless he doesn't want to be in Detroit, or wanted more years, or really any number of reasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Unless he doesn't want to be in Detroit, or wanted more years, or really any number of reasons
    agreed must be he doesnt like detroit or didnt like the years. Wonder what his terms he was looking for

vCash
    When he hits the market he'll get a 6-7 year deal making 25 million per year(assuming he pitches like he did last year). If they offered a 5 year deal, it makes sense. If he just doesn't like Detroit, it makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    @jaysonst: Source says #Tigers offer to Scherzer was under Verlander AAV ($25.7M) but still in top 6 in MLB. For more . . . http://t.co/0Rb9Y8g3Kn

If true, he is stupid.
    Getting scared he is planning on leaving your favorite team or something?

vCash

Scherzer reportedly turns down $24M average

Yeah but an injury or a couple small nagging injuries can change the perception on him.

Or if he just goes back to what he has done throughout the rest of his career. 2013 was the first "ace" like season.

Big gamble in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post

If true, he is stupid.
    No I'm a White Sox fan. I just think he is dumb to turn that money down when is track record isn't what he did in 2013.

vCash

If true, he is stupid.
    Actually I like it as a Sox fan if he leaves the division next season.

vCash
    Scherzer's a good pitcher and all but he's not worth 24 million per, more like 20 million over 5 or 6 years. Good on Detroit for not paying him that money.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 49-62, games this week vs. Cardinals (3), Angels (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash

Scherzer reportedly turns down $24M average

Scherzer is the one that turned it down. Detroit was willing to do it.

vCash
    No I'm a White Sox fan. I just think he is dumb to turn that money down when is track record isn't what he did in 2013.
    Fer sure. He's gambling on his own skills/health. I'm sure it'll work out for him either way though. Def see what you're saying but without knowing how many years he was offered it is tough to really judge this situation.

vCash
    Could get interesting. The Tigers window is short, but I think you have to at least strongly consider dealing him off if the price is right. If Max leaves for nothing (other than the obvious draft pick) their window is not only short, but slamming closed quickly.

vCash
    Fer sure. He's gambling on his own skills/health. I'm sure it'll work out for him either way though. Def see what you're saying but without knowing how many years he was offered it is tough to really judge this situation.
    Exactly. I am sure money wasn't the issue as opposed to length. Supposedly he was interested in staying in Detroit. However, he is a Boras guy and you know what that means.

I have to imagine it was probably 3-4 yrs and he is after 6+

vCash
    Yeah obviously the years is an important factor. Wonder if that will leak soon as well. You know the Tigers leaked this so the fans know what they are trying for this deal. Now I'm sure Scherzer's side will release the years if it was a short term deal.

vCash
    Thread title is misleading.

I understood it as Scherzer made an offer to the Tigers for something like 6-7 years for 24 million per year.

Who knows what the Tigers offered (unless I read it wrong).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast