Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Interesting subject: Amnesty Clause

This off-season will be the last time the amnesty clause is able to be used. God forbid if somehow Gillis is still around, but who do you use it on. Obviously Booth is the key target, but do you consider other options?

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Booth = Buy Out Or Trade Him...but especially BUYOUT because any GM worth his salt would be hard-pressed to want to pay a guy like Booth minimum salary for his lack of contribution. At $4.3 million, he is a colossal waste of money and it's a no brainer to insert a prospect at 1/4 of that money. Gaunce is sure to improve on Booth's goal and assist totals, and has to be a better passer of the puck than Booth, who can't seem to hit a teammate with a tape-to-tape even twenty feet away. Booth must be bought out because the entire league has seen that his career in the NHL is virtually over. No one on the Canuck roster does so little on the ice for so much money...Booth is the most logical candidate by FAR. After inserting a Gaunce or a Horvat, who will play much better than Booth, you still have over $3 million to help re-sign Tanev, Kassian and find a veteran keeper to keep Lack developing at the right pace. Buy Booth out ASAP, before he gets injured!

vCash
    In fact, I would sit Booth for the rest of the season NOW to keep him healthy enough for a buyout. I'm dead serious. Although a really nice guy, David Booth is no longer an NHL hockey player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandgreen View Post
    In fact, I would sit Booth for the rest of the season NOW to keep him healthy enough for a buyout. I'm dead serious. Although a really nice guy, David Booth is no longer an NHL hockey player.
    You post this as he scores a goal tonight....

Booth actually is starting to remind me of crappy Mason Raymond. Lots of skating on the perimeter and can't score. Difference is Booth skates without the constant falling down and he gets hurt a lot more.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Yeah, my timing on the Booth post sucks, no doubt. LOL. Even if he finished with a point a game down the stretch, you can't afford to have Booth in the lineup next year at $4.3 million, no way. He would be an $800,000 fourth line banger at the most...he's lost it.

vCash
    Yeah, my timing on the Booth post sucks, no doubt. LOL. Even if he finished with a point a game down the stretch, you can't afford to have Booth in the lineup next year at $4.3 million, no way. He would be an $800,000 fourth line banger at the most...he's lost it.
    Yeah, how much did that single goal cost us anyway?

vCash
    He may not be a 4.2mil player but to say he is not an Nhler is laughable. Booth on the third line at $2mil is great. He has been physically active and skates hard. Puts an odd goal in. Kind of like a less physical Raffi Torres.

vCash
    Laughable? I base my opinion on the fact that Booth RARELY completes a tape-to-tape pass. He quite often overskates the puck and he misses most of his opportunities on net. Then there's the issue of how incredibly fragile he is...you think he's worth $2 million? Wow, I guess we have to disagree on that one.

vCash
    While not a great passer he has decent hands. He has a very quick release but does miss the net often. He has great speed and good size. He gets in on the forcheck hard and fast. He's decent along the boards. He's a guy that has barely played the last few years because if injury but given the skills $2 million is fair. If Booth is playing 75 games he's possibly a 30 goal guy again. I'm not saying its gonna happen but the talent is there. Also not that it's unfair but he hasn't seen a lot of ice time.

vCash
    Booth = Buy Out Or Trade Him...but especially BUYOUT because any GM worth his salt would be hard-pressed to want to pay a guy like Booth minimum salary for his lack of contribution. At $4.3 million, he is a colossal waste of money and it's a no brainer to insert a prospect at 1/4 of that money. Gaunce is sure to improve on Booth's goal and assist totals, and has to be a better passer of the puck than Booth, who can't seem to hit a teammate with a tape-to-tape even twenty feet away. Booth must be bought out because the entire league has seen that his career in the NHL is virtually over. No one on the Canuck roster does so little on the ice for so much money...Booth is the most logical candidate by FAR. After inserting a Gaunce or a Horvat, who will play much better than Booth, you still have over $3 million to help re-sign Tanev, Kassian and find a veteran keeper to keep Lack developing at the right pace. Buy Booth out ASAP, before he gets injured!
    More or less exactly how I feel, but I thought for the sense of general topic it warranted its own thread. Booth has to go, as do one or two of the defensemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    You post this as he scores a goal tonight....

Booth actually is starting to remind me of crappy Mason Raymond. Lots of skating on the perimeter and can't score. Difference is Booth skates without the constant falling down and he gets hurt a lot more.
    Except MayRay signed for 1.25M and couldn't play here outside of spurts. Booth looks like a deer in headlights most games. Uterly pathetic. Outside of Ville Leino and possibly a few others, Booth may be the biggest waste of per capita income on any NHL roster since Scott Gomez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Yeah, how much did that single goal cost us anyway?
    Exactly. They still lost the ****ing game. Fire Torts, Fire Gillis, get rid of: Booth, and countless others. They need to burn the barn and rebuild. A flood is coming on the shores of Vancouver, and someone else needs to build and arc to save this franchise. :P (Noah came out today.)

vCash
    I'm not prepared, as some are, to give Gillis any credit for the things he has done here. He inherited a good core and destroyed it by letting it age and stagnate. He has not injected youth. I mean, which young player in their right mind wants to be drafted/signed by the Canucks with their poor record of developing talent? The Luongo contract was the biggest single blunder in the NHL since the DiPietro fiasco, and so poorly handled by Gillis that we became the butt of jokes around the league. Ballard and Booth were terrible signings...colossal waste of time that cost the Canucks millions and the chance to develop some prospects! How many man-games were lost to injuries for both of those players? The Hodgson thing, I think, is on Vigneault...we will never know what he could have been for this team. Kassian, thank goodness, seems to be developing for us...Torts was the wrong coach for this club...the importance of Torres, Salo, and Erhoff were underestimated (yeah, I know, they wanted $$$)...on and on. But buying out Booth is so important that we really need to sit the guy so he doesn't get hurt. Nothing must interfere with the buyout that will save the club $$$$$ and the chance to insert a Gaunce and get Jensen regular ice time. Only problem now is that Torts is pulling a Vigneault...not playing the youth when he has a chance for a more acute evaluation. This team under Gillis and Torts is embarassing. Where's my brown paper bag and some scissors?