Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I have been on vacay. What is Jerry doing?

Someone explain it to me....I am not going to read pages upon pages and still get nothing from it.

We release Ware (good, had to be done) Then sign Melton (not big numbers this year) and are talking to Allen? Why we cant address all of our defensive needs via FA and the draft so what the hell is going on? Why is Jerry aiming for 8-8 again?

I'd rather go 4-12 three years in a row than see another .500 record anytime within the next decade .

vCash
    * Ware Released
    * Austin released as a June 1st cut (that cash to be spent on the draftees)
    * Two DL signed to bolster the rotation
    * Weeden signed as a back-up QB
    * Hatcher signs with Wash in FA
    * Melton, after a song and dance with other teams, signs with word on the (media) street that JJ was not involved
    * Considering Allen (making his decision this weekend between Seattle, Dallas and some other team if the media is accurate)

IMO, the team actually is making the right moves at the moment...the cap amounts for Ware, Austin and Hatcher HAD to be managed, and they were; we couldn't keep those numbers on the books...they HAD to get someone to plug up the middle of the line and got (arguably) the best DT in FA...they signed two lesser DL as rotation guys - IMO they are better than bringing in street guys like last year as they have some NFL experience

Now, they are flirting around with the idea of a vet WR (possibly) and a vet Safety if those reports are true...these moves have got to be contingent upon the Allen decision...they don't have unlimited money, but Allen is still a difference-maker despite his age. We will see if they can lure him to Dallas who sorely needs a pass rusher.

Allen may have hurt his ability to maximize his contract since Ware and Peppers signed so quickly...not sure if many other teams will consider his salary requirements...so, does he go to Seattle where he is a cog in a potential SB run or does he come to Dallas where he has a much bigger role and could potential be "the guy" to put the defense over the hump

this could be an interesting week

...and, the owners meetings are this week so they will be announcing the supplemental picks (Dallas likely to get 2 or 3 7th rounders)

vCash
    Some fans will complain no matter what jerry does, because they have so much hate for him. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

vCash
    Personally I like the fact that he is actually starting to realize the cap, I would like them to get another player or two via free agency so that he doesn't reach in the draft on a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysride View Post
    Some fans will complain no matter what jerry does, because they have so much hate for him. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Of course I will be labeled the bad guy here

But learn to read new guy. I wasnt bashing Jerry but I dont want another 8-8 season. Our schedule is tougher this year than last years and we dont have enough resources to fix our record book bad defense.

We dont draft well, especially in the middle rounds. ....so best bet is to spend a few years at the top of the draft where chances of ****ing it up are a lot less

vCash
    Fred I have no idea how JJ was not involved with Melton. He is the guy that said I sign the checks so I am going to be involved with all player decisions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    Of course I will be labeled the bad guy here

But learn to read new guy. I wasnt bashing Jerry but I dont want another 8-8 season. Our schedule is tougher this year than last years and we dont have enough resources to fix our record book bad defense.

We dont draft well, especially in the middle rounds. ....so best bet is to spend a few years at the top of the draft where chances of ****ing it up are a lot less
    Post wasnt directed at you but hey, if the shoe fits, wear it. Funny guy.

vCash
    I think the real question is where'd ya go on vacation?

vCash
    Fred I have no idea how JJ was not involved with Melton. He is the guy that said I sign the checks so I am going to be involved with all player decisions
    that's what the reports say and Melton, in an interview, said Jerry wasn't involved

the draft is exceptionally important this year, moreso than usual IMO...if they hit on a good draft, then the team gets younger and better...if the draft tanks, then this team will go backwards fast....either way, I don't see 8-8 this season

vCash
    Jerry and Stephan Jones have done a great job so far this offseason. Especially considering the cap problems. I don't see them looking at a vet safety or wr until after the draft when players will be cut and prices will be cheap. Laurent Robinson type signings. Also don't expect a WR or S in the draft unless somebody amazing fell. I still believe there's almost no chance Allen comes to Dallas. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    that's what the reports say and Melton, in an interview, said Jerry wasn't involved

the draft is exceptionally important this year, moreso than usual IMO...if they hit on a good draft, then the team gets younger and better...if the draft tanks, then this team will go backwards fast....either way, I don't see 8-8 this season
    The 2012 draft was pretty bad. We sure can't have a repeat of that. I think they are almost forced to do the right thing as they are forced to spend wisely in FA. If they draft anything other then Safety or best D Lineman left with their first 2 or 3 picks Jones should have his head examined. In a way we not only need a good draft this year but we need the guys left from the 2012 draft to show up. Crawford, Claiborne and even Matt Johnson could contribute in a big way. Claiborne is huge . He needs to somehow justify trading up for. Seemed like a great pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Fred what's your early eary record predication for the Boy's this year I'm thinking 6-10 if were lucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    The 2012 draft was pretty bad. We sure can't have a repeat of that. I think they are almost forced to do the right thing as they are forced to spend wisely in FA. If they draft anything other then Safety or best D Lineman left with their first 2 or 3 picks Jones should have his head examined. In a way we not only need a good draft this year but we need the guys left from the 2012 draft to show up. Crawford, Claiborne and even Matt Johnson could contribute in a big way. Claiborne is huge . He needs to somehow justify trading up for. Seemed like a great pick.
    Exactly if things were done the right way we wouldn't be in this situation AGAIN! Now they are forced to do the right thing because they have no other options. I would love to say they have learned from their mistakes but I just don't have the confidence to say that. They haven't done anything really just plugged some holes and axed some veterans nothing eye opening or special to speak of. I guess its all going to hinge on how well we draft and how well this team can learn how to play together defensively and of course like always the injury bug.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post

Claiborne had injury issues his rookie year and even last. That said he and Carr are man to man press corners. We are playing a zone system....it really does not add up..and that in a nutshell is the genius of Jerry

vCash
    Claiborne had injury issues his rookie year and even last. That said he and Carr are man to man press corners. We are playing a zone system....it really does not add up..and that in a nutshell is the genius of Jerry
    I guarantee you that Marinelli will know how to utilize carr and Claiborne properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast