Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

So you're SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!?

The Wolves still have about a 3% chance of making the playoffs. So don't give up just yet. And if you have given up on our playoff chances.. I guess I don't blame you! If a miracle doesn't happen and we don't make the playoffs, and the curse continues and Phoenix gets our 1st round draft pick because we finished too well.. at least we can say the Wolves have improved. At this point in the season (March 22), the Wolves have already surpassed their win total for last season. We've improved very slowly in the win column over the past 5 years since Kurt Rambis led us to an awful 15-67 in the 2009-2010 season. And the Wolves are already guaranteed to finish with the best record they've had since Flip Saunders was coach. Weird how he's back this year as a GM and that happens.. I think Adelman is a legendary coach, and props to him for helping improve the Timberwolves from terrible to mediocre. I think we all feel this is Adelman's last year, and also all have a feeling Saunders may be our coach again next year.. where I think he's better off instead of GM. With all that said, I hope/think next season is finally the year we get back to the playoffs, with a roster move or 2 and more play from Dieng/Muhammad. Anyways back to the point of this - We still have a chance to make the playoffs. Here's the remaining schedule and my hopeful predictions.. keyword:hopeful.. which still isn't enough to get us in.

7. DAL: BKN L, OKC L, LAC L, SAC W, GS W, @LAC L, @LAL W, @SAC L, @UTA W, SA L, PHX W, @MEM L 47-35

8. MEM: MN W, @UTA W, @GS L, @POR L, @DEN L, @MN L, DEN W, @SA L, MIA L, PHI W, @LAL W, @PHX L, DAL W 46-36

MIN: PHX W, @MEM L, ATL W, LAL W, @BKN L, LAC W, MEM W, @MIA L, @ORL W, SA W, CHI W, HOU W, @SAC W, @GS L, UTA W 45-37

PHX: @MN L, @ATL W, @WAS L, NY L, @LAL L, LAC L, @POR L, OKC L, @NO W, @SA L, @DAL L, MEM W, @SAC W 44-38

Post how you think these 4 teams will finish!

vCash
    am i the only one who is just drained?? like this season has been such a disappointment. This team has sucked all the energy out of me. No more am i excited by watching to see rubio running the break, d-will get some minutes or Pekovic destroy some other weak *** center. Adelman has sucked all the life out of the team. I honestly just don't know how to think about the wolves atm.

vCash
    D-Will has been gone for a while lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia Kaha View Post
    am i the only one who is just drained?? like this season has been such a disappointment. This team has sucked all the energy out of me. No more am i excited by watching to see rubio running the break, d-will get some minutes or Pekovic destroy some other weak *** center. Adelman has sucked all the life out of the team. I honestly just don't know how to think about the wolves atm.
    boom.

vCash
    This is the most disappointed I have been in the Wolves ever. Screw 3%...we have zero chance of making the playoffs because the team sucks and has no heart. The best player we have had since KG is as good as gone...and even the best player since KG was not able to even give us a sniff of the playoffs. The most promising thing this team has is two rookies that Adelman hates playing. Through this rebuild, we received #2 pick, which we turned into Mbah a Moute (oh boy!!!!). Kahn sucked, but was able to turn the Wolves into one of the most promising young teams by almost all experts accounts...and then we watched him squander that into the crap you saw last year. Not so surprisingly, we were on of the most exciting young teams in the league, with ample assets when Adelman took over. Adelman's refusal to play players with potential, along with Kahn's inability to recognize talent in the draft lead us to where we ended up last year. Flip hasnt proven to be much better, but at least he was able to bring in two rookies, who when they were absolutely needed, provided a much needed spark...yet, Adelman's refusal to play players with promise yet again pitted this team. There literally is no hope right now. Rubio was supposed to be hope, but he has not developed at all...and through all these years of mediocrity, we have not been able to land a top player in the draft to turn the franchise around...well, I guess we did land the #2 pick...but that has become Mbah A Moute...so yeah.

Right now, we are at almost the lowest things can get. We have a player who is a borderline superstar, and things still can't get done, do to the ineptitude of the front office and coaching staff...this borderline superstar is as good as gone.

There is almost zero reason in being a Wolves fan, other than being with them since the beginning, or being born into it. Our only hope is getting lucky in the draft....like we did with Kevin Love

vCash
    At this point play our rookies heavy minutes. If they contiue their good play and we get in(haha, not a chance), or we develop them into good players. Coach wont do that though, gotta play jj and dante

vCash
    We are up on the suns atm though... keeping the chance alive!

vCash
    We really need to get rid of Barea..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying MN fan View Post
    No, we need to trade everyone and build around Cunningham and Barea.

Wolves United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying MN fan View Post
    Don't forget cunningham!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    This is the most disappointed I have been in the Wolves ever. Screw 3%...we have zero chance of making the playoffs because the team sucks and has no heart. The best player we have had since KG is as good as gone...and even the best player since KG was not able to even give us a sniff of the playoffs. The most promising thing this team has is two rookies that Adelman hates playing. Through this rebuild, we received #2 pick, which we turned into Mbah a Moute (oh boy!!!!). Kahn sucked, but was able to turn the Wolves into one of the most promising young teams by almost all experts accounts...and then we watched him squander that into the crap you saw last year. Not so surprisingly, we were on of the most exciting young teams in the league, with ample assets when Adelman took over. Adelman's refusal to play players with potential, along with Kahn's inability to recognize talent in the draft lead us to where we ended up last year. Flip hasnt proven to be much better, but at least he was able to bring in two rookies, who when they were absolutely needed, provided a much needed spark...yet, Adelman's refusal to play players with promise yet again pitted this team. There literally is no hope right now. Rubio was supposed to be hope, but he has not developed at all...and through all these years of mediocrity, we have not been able to land a top player in the draft to turn the franchise around...well, I guess we did land the #2 pick...but that has become Mbah A Moute...so yeah.

Right now, we are at almost the lowest things can get. We have a player who is a borderline superstar, and things still can't get done, do to the ineptitude of the front office and coaching staff...this borderline superstar is as good as gone.

There is almost zero reason in being a Wolves fan, other than being with them since the beginning, or being born into it. Our only hope is getting lucky in the draft....like we did with Kevin Love
    I agree with all of this. (I usually agree with your posts....)

Add in the fact that the NBA despite having a "cap" isn't a free market system. At least with baseball you see guys leaving the Yankees for the Mariners for more money. No home town discount. When it comes to basketball you see players like AK leaving 3-4 million to play for a better team. The difference in talent from the top teams to the bottom teams is enormous.

Let me ask you this - how many times have the Wolves (a .500 team in every way, shape, and form) completely blow out crappy teams... Then the next night get completely blown out by a top team? Of the top 10 teams we've played we're competitive with 2 minutes in the 4th how much of the time? 10% of the time? That and the losing teams don't even fall into the lottery in order.

The NBA creates hype over having 10 awesome teams and 20 farm teams. It's beginning to wear on me. To the point of giving up. I might just turn into a fair weather fan. Being with a team while it circles back towards the top is one thing. Being with a bottom dweller while it circles up to .500 then gets blown up is a whole different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    I have posted on here for 7 years and not one of those years have we been .500.

That's not a rebuild - that's just being a ****** team.
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    I have posted on here for 7 years and not one of those years have we been .500.

That's not a rebuild - that's just being a ****** team.
    Tell me about it... **** gets old

Edit: and LA fans have it so bad! How many years has it been since they won on championship?