Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I'm walkin' here

Just curious, but why do people hate Kobe? With the exception of the few in here that are irrationally filled with hatred for the negro mamba, what does the rest of this forum think? Seeing people in the NBA forum who want to murder/rape Kobe in his sleep is crazy and it makes me wonder why they hate him.

The recent threads in the NBA forum only reinforce the thoughts that Kobe is dismissed so highly by fans. I've never seen a player, who's accomplished so much, be so dismissed.

I'm not upset, though I do cry a lot, but I am genuinely interested in what you guys think about this. Why do people dislike Kobe?

vCash

I'm walkin' here

he iz ze gratest!

vCash

I'm walkin' here

the lowly creature cannot understand the seagull that flies so high (and freely)

vCash
    It was written... Matthew 24:23 "At that time, if anyone says to you, 'Look! Here's the Messiah!' or 'There he is!', don't believe it.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    It's not just Kobe. It's the Lakers as a whole. Simple answer is, they are jealous.

vCash
    Because he rapes white chicks...

vCash
    Envy is all I can come up with.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    It's because of how good he's been over the course of his career and the main reason is simple, he doesn't play for they're team.

The lost boys

vCash
    Because he's the closest that the league has seen to Jordan, and it has come so soon so quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Mao View Post
    Because he's the closest that the league has seen to Jordan, and it has come so soon so quickly.
    This. People didn't like the fact he was being mentioned with Jordan so soon, and what he has done throughout the years after that, the haters find excuses to dismiss his accomplishments.
    #Chow!

vCash

A long complex reply

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Just curious, but why do people hate Kobe? With the exception of the few in here that are irrationally filled with hatred for the negro mamba, what does the rest of this forum think? Seeing people in the NBA forum who want to murder/rape Kobe in his sleep is crazy and it makes me wonder why they hate him.

The recent threads in the NBA forum only reinforce the thoughts that Kobe is dismissed so highly by fans. I've never seen a player, who's accomplished so much, be so dismissed.

I'm not upset, though I do cry a lot, but I am genuinely interested in what you guys think about this. Why do people dislike Kobe?
    Assuming you asked the question seriously, the truth is complex. First, on the surface, the various posts about jealously, skills and envy are obvious and correct.

On a deeper level, there is the thought level in some fan circles that Kobe now actually stands in the way of, the franchise's return to greatness and championships..... NOTHING could be farther from the truth!

Without Kobe, there is no Shaq alone titles; without Kobe, there is no Gasol titles. Fans will point out how difficult Kobe is on players, etc. My reply is, so what? Dwight Howard is not going to win a title with Houston.. watch and see. It was not a 'Kobe' failure, but a management one... that failed partnership.

Wake up time folks.... management has known for a LONG time exactly what it has in Kobe... how quickly we fail to remember the last three games prior to last season's injury where he literally willed the Lakers into the playoffs by himself. The heart of a champion is not a SOFT one. So -- it is management's job to take stock and pick players that are complimentary to the franchise. Dwight was never that player. Others will be. But these decisions are Mitch and or Jim's. That's where accountability lies!

At yet an even lower level, management failed again in hiring D'Antoni. I didn't buy in to the negative hype about him at first. But his weakness as a coach has been on full display this season. Arrogance is the MILD way to describe a coach that insists players fold into HIS 'system' rather than assessing the talent they have and working with that to maximize success. Assessing a Coach has to be placed back on ownership. Sadly, Jeannie Buss' attempts at damage control and peace making within the family lately have only served to deteriorate her own standing with fans. Business is NOT a democracy, and a 'family' trying to run a franchise by consensus building is doomed to failure.

Yes, Phil Jackson has a system, but by the time 3 championships had been won, it had been tweaked many times to maximize the talents of his players. And Phil knew how to manage egos. You need that in a coach at these 'marque' franchises like LA and New York. You need a player's coach. Note the success in Phoenix. If Steve Kerr goes to New York, you will see it there.

SO is where the Lakers stand Kobe's fault -- my god they were begging the guy to sit out to preserve the future -- that's how strong the guys heart is! Rejoice in the warrior... and find other warriors to play along side of him!!!

Ownership. It starts and should end there. They have more money than most countries with the Time Warner Cable deal costing us all more $$ per month..... don't lower your expectations of them!

LLL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongLaker View Post
    Assuming you asked the question seriously, the truth is complex. First, on the surface, the various posts about jealously, skills and envy are obvious and correct.

On a deeper level, there is the thought level in some fan circles that Kobe now actually stands in the way of, the franchise's return to greatness and championships..... NOTHING could be farther from the truth!

Without Kobe, there is no Shaq alone titles; without Kobe, there is no Gasol titles. Fans will point out how difficult Kobe is on players, etc. My reply is, so what? Dwight Howard is not going to win a title with Houston.. watch and see. It was not a 'Kobe' failure, but a management one... that failed partnership.

Wake up time folks.... management has known for a LONG time exactly what it has in Kobe... how quickly we fail to remember the last three games prior to last season's injury where he literally willed the Lakers into the playoffs by himself. The heart of a champion is not a SOFT one. So -- it is management's job to take stock and pick players that are complimentary to the franchise. Dwight was never that player. Others will be. But these decisions are Mitch and or Jim's. That's where accountability lies!

At yet an even lower level, management failed again in hiring D'Antoni. I didn't buy in to the negative hype about him at first. But his weakness as a coach has been on full display this season. Arrogance is the MILD way to describe a coach that insists players fold into HIS 'system' rather than assessing the talent they have and working with that to maximize success. Assessing a Coach has to be placed back on ownership. Sadly, Jeannie Buss' attempts at damage control and peace making within the family lately have only served to deteriorate her own standing with fans. Business is NOT a democracy, and a 'family' trying to run a franchise by consensus building is doomed to failure.

Yes, Phil Jackson has a system, but by the time 3 championships had been won, it had been tweaked many times to maximize the talents of his players. And Phil knew how to manage egos. You need that in a coach at these 'marque' franchises like LA and New York. You need a player's coach. Note the success in Phoenix. If Steve Kerr goes to New York, you will see it there.

SO is where the Lakers stand Kobe's fault -- my god they were begging the guy to sit out to preserve the future -- that's how strong the guys heart is! Rejoice in the warrior... and find other warriors to play along side of him!!!

Ownership. It starts and should end there. They have more money than most countries with the Time Warner Cable deal costing us all more $$ per month..... don't lower your expectations of them!

LLL

Without Shaq or Gasol there are 0 kobe titles too.

So what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

So what?
    The trap gets sprung. "So what?"

Ownership/management makes those pairings. You just conceded that one player doesn't make a difference alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

So what?
    The guy writes 5 paragraphs and that's all you can comment on? I highly doubt that you would have posted anything had he not mentioned Gasol. I hope Rubio never joins the Lakers.

vCash
    It will change once he retires. People hated Jordan while he was still playing, not as much as they hate kobe, but they still hated him. Once jordan retired though mostly everyone changed their tune. The same thing will happen with kobe. It's unfortunate people don't appreciate such a great player. He's the best player the league has seen in close to a decade and a half. Kobe has done things that no other player in NBA history was capable of doing (e.g., 81 pts in a single game) and has been an elite player for a longer period than arguably any player in nba history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast