Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pryor's future

vCash

Pryor's future

I know everyone keeps saying Pryor will be gone before training camp.

Yet I keep wondering with as much as he did improve his play last year as a whole, which I think we can all agree on isn't enough to start, but with the chance he grows as much again this offseason he could have a bright future.

I think RM and DA will wait until at least 2nd round of cuts in the preseason to see if he has progressed to a future QB or trade value.

What do you guys think? I know most will say just dump him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_EOD View Post

Yet I keep wondering with as much as he did improve his play last year as a whole, which I think we can all agree on isn't enough to start, but with the chance he grows as much again this offseason he could have a bright future.

I think RM and DA will wait until at least 2nd round of cuts in the preseason to see if he has progressed to a future QB or trade value.

It most likely depends on if the team drafts a QB.

If they do they will not carry 4 QB's 2 will have to go.

If they don't only 1 will be cut and in my opinion it comes down to Edwards and Pryor unfortunately.

vCash

Progressed to a future QB? Pyror wont make roster. He has little money due. He'll be cut or traded for peanuts. I rooted for Pyror I did but he has very little NFL QB talent. He cost us games we had chances to win. Al Davis's last pick wont be this teams savior.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    There's no need to dump him. I'd give him a shot at TE or WR if he is still committed to just QB which I understand then I talk with him and say we don't see you higher than 3rd string. We want you here for the year but that's it. If you want a chance somewhere else we will look to trade to a team where you'll have a shot or cut you early enough to latch on with anther team and have a legit chance at a spot.

vCash

If he doesn't net us a 7th on draft day it's a wrap. Raiders will take a QB somewhere in a draft.

Schaub/mcgloin/rookie. They favor traditional QBs. Pryor won't switch positions. We won't have 4 QBs on the roster. I'm sorry but he won't be on the team(unless he completely has a change of heart and switches positions).

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    If he doesn't net us a 7th on draft day it's a wrap. Raiders will take a QB somewhere in a draft.

Schaub/mcgloin/rookie. They favor traditional QBs. Pryor won't switch positions. We won't have 4 QBs on the roster. I'm sorry but he won't be on the team(unless he completely has a change of heart and switches positions).
    IDK we took 4 QB's on to the final 53 at first last year with Wilson being the one cut.
    Money and draft status doesn't mean much to RM as far as cutting someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Progressed to a future QB? Pyror wont make roster. He has little money due. He'll be cut or traded for peanuts. I rooted for Pyror I did but he has very little NFL QB talent. He cost us games we had chances to win. Al Davis's last pick wont be this teams savior.
    pretty much I wanted him to do well too unlike many folks that seemed to be rooting against him, he doesn't have it though IMO we should trade him and get what we can

vCash
    IDK we took 4 QB's on to the final 53 at first last year with Wilson being the one cut.
    Money and draft status doesn't mean much to RM as far as cutting someone
    The differnce was we had no starting QB at that time. Schaub is our starter and we know McGloin can be a descent starter and a good back up. If we pick up a draft player its for the purpose of sitting behind Schaub to learn. As a person Pyror is a good guy and a hard worker. Just not a QB this team is looking for. He had several years to improve and hasnt shown anything. He will nicely be shown the door or traded.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    The differnce was we had no starting QB at that time. Schaub is our starter and we know McGloin can be a descent starter and a good back up. If we pick up a draft player its for the purpose of sitting behind Schaub to learn. As a person Pyror is a good guy and a hard worker. Just not a QB this team is looking for. He had several years to improve and hasnt shown anything. He will nicely be shown the door or traded.
    Basically this. It's a forgone conclusion, it's not even a question. Unless he completely has a change of heart(which he is to stubborn to do). If he sticks to his gun. Good for him. However, he will be out the nfl in 2 years.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Mmmmmm that crow was deeeelish

trade him if we can get a 7th

What would be amazing is if we could somehow leverage value with him and Moore and send them to Philly in a deal for Desean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Mmmmmm that crow was deeeelish

trade him if we can get a 7th

What would be amazing is if we could somehow leverage value with him and Moore and send them to Philly in a deal for Desean.

That would lead to Reggie winning many hearts.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    That would lead to Reggie winning many hearts.

It would restore a little bit of the faith I had last year in him. It would also recharge the fan base and sell out a ton of games.

vCash
    Did Pryor ever say he would not look to play another position? If so I never read that.

vCash

Pryor's future

Hope he likes Canadien beer.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Hope he likes Canadien beer.

-Stork
    You don't think he has value as a WR or TE?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast