Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 70 (3-22-14): Sixers (15-54) @ Bulls (38-31)

@

Philadelphia 76ers - Chicago Bulls

Date: Saturday, March 22nd, 2014
    Time: 8:00 PM EDT
    Broadcast: CSN (TV), 97.5 FM (Radio)

Points per Game Assists per Game Rebounds per Game
    Sixers Young 17.9 MCW 6.2 Young 6.1
    Bulls Boozer 14.0 Noah 5.1 Noah 11.3

The Philadelphia 76ers put up a fight against the Chicago Bulls earlier this week but couldn't hang on down the stretch.

They came even closer to snapping their lengthy skid last time out.

Philadelphia again tries to put an end to its longest losing streak in franchise history as it visits the Bulls on Saturday night.

The 76ers (15-54) haven't been able to get it together, dropping 23 straight by an average of 17.0 points. They kept things close over the last two games, though, falling 102-94 to Chicago on Wednesday and 93-92 to New York on Friday.

Michael Carter-Williams, who had 22 points, a season high-tying 13 rebounds and nine assists, missed a potential game-tying 3-pointer with one second left. Philadelphia went 10 of 41 from long distance, setting a team mark for attempts.

The 76ers haven't tasted victory since beating Boston 95-94 on Jan. 29.

"I can never get used to losing. I ain't worried about no losses in a row. A loss is a loss. It happens," said guard Tony Wroten, who won't make the trip to Chicago after spraining his ankle. "I speak for the team, too. There's no such thing as getting used to losing."

The 76ers are tied with Vancouver (1995-96), Denver (1997-98) and Charlotte (2011-12) for the second-longest single-season losing streak in NBA history. Philadelphia, which visits San Antonio and Houston following this game, is three losses shy of matching Cleveland's NBA-worst 26-game skid set in 2010-11.

The 76ers have dropped seven of eight to Chicago following Wednesday's defeat. Thaddeus Young scored 24 points that night, but the Bulls had six players in double figures and held a 52-38 edge on the glass.

"They (Philadelphia) really do play hard," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau told the team's official website. "You have to give them a lot of credit. I think (coach Brett Brown) has done a great job with them. They have a lot of moving parts, and I give a guy like Young a lot of credit for his professionalism and how hard he plays. We had to be ready to play a whole game. We had to be ready to fight."

The Bulls (38-31) return home looking to get back on track following Friday's 91-79 loss at Indiana. Chicago shot just 36.4 percent and was outrebounded 51-36.

"I thought there was a lot of flopping going on out there," said Taj Gibson, who finished with seven points while shooting 1 of 6 before fouling out. "Anytime you see that, it makes you think that you don't want to get a ticky-tack foul. It was a dog fight, a slug fest, and I thought a couple of calls didn't go our way and took some of our momentum away."

Bulls center Joakim Noah is averaging 17.8 points, 12.6 rebounds and 4.6 blocks in his last five games versus Philadelphia.

Chicago, averaging 93.2 points to rank last in the NBA, is 35-10 when scoring more than 88 compared to 3-21 when it doesn't. The 76ers, who have held only one opponent under 88 points, are giving up 111.8 per game during their losing streak.

The Bulls have won eight of their last nine home games against fellow Eastern Conference teams, including five straight by an average of 16.4 points.
    Injury Report:

Philadelphia:
    Tony Wroten, G: Doubtful (ankle)
    Jason Richardson, G: Out (knee)
    Nerlens Noel, C: Out (knee)

Chicago:
    Derrick Rose, G: Out (knee)

vCash
    The sixers haven't hit a three all game, 0/18, wonder if we'll break another crap record tonight.