Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Harris (2007)/ Wilson (2010) are only players left on roster between 2007-2010 drafts

It's kind of remarkable how we never completely sucked. That is 4 years of full drafts that amounted to nothing.

2007 Harris only remaining. 2008, 2009 class are ALL gone, and KWilson is only from 2010.

How terrible.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    2007 Jets draft
    1st Round 14th overall, Darrelle Revis
    2nd Round 27th overall, David Harris
    6th Round, 177th overall, Jacob Bender
    7th Round, 23th overall, Chansi Stuckey

# of selections - 4

2008 Jets Draft
    1st Round, 6th Overall Vernon Gholston
    1st Round, 30th Overall Helen Keller
    4th Round, 113th Overall Dwight Lowery
    5th Round, 162th Overall Erik Ainge
    6th Round, 171th Overall Marcus Henry
    7th Round, 211th Overall Nate Garner

# of selections - 6

2009 Jets Draft
    1st Round, 5th Overall Mark Sanchez
    3rd Round, 65th Overall Shonn Greene
    6th Round, 193th Overall Matt Slauson

# of selections - 3

2010 Jets Draft
    1st Round, 29th Overall Kyle Wilson
    2nd Round, 61st Overall Vladimir Ducasse
    4th Round, 111th Overall Joe McKnight
    5th Round 139th Overall John Connor

# of selections - 4

What a bunch of ****** drafts if I do say so myself hopefully Mr. Idzik can change this
    Last edited by KingsnQueens7; 03-22-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Yikes.

It's all downhill from here.
    Might as well enjoy the ride.

vCash
    Pretty bland but there is plenty of talent in there and plenty who are starters or solid backups for other teams. More an indictement on not keeping our own than drafting terribly IMO

vCash
    Reradless of the mixed fan emotion on free agency this is such a key of What Idzik is talking about by building throgh the draft but we need to try to retain guys better to Jetsguy's point. Im real anxious to see what we do in May, hopefully the draft quality picks up

vCash
    The biggest takeaway from that for me is that in a four year period we had a whopping 17 draft picks. That's so bad because there are going to be cap casualties, guys you have to let go, injuries, etc and you need young players to step in and step up. That's an utter failure at building depth and establishing a pipeline of talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skierdude44 View Post
    The biggest takeaway from that for me is that in a four year period we had a whopping 17 draft picks. That's so bad because there are going to be cap casualties, guys you have to let go, injuries, etc and you need young players to step in and step up. That's an utter failure at building depth and establishing a pipeline of talent.
    Trader Mike traded our picks away

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Trader Mike traded our picks away
    I agree he traded a bunch of picks, but without it, you never would have gotten Revis or Harris. The deal for Sanchez was not horrible with what he gave up, although I think that was more Mangini than anything else. When I look at those 4 drafts, I look at a couple picks where I might have done differently:

1) I never would have traded 3 picks (3, 4, and 7) to move up for Shonn Greene. I still believe, even to this day, that the RB position is the easiest position to fill with someone or a group of some ones and the only way you give up 3 draft picks are if that person is an Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Lesean McCoy or someone like that.

2) Drafting a raw project like Vladimir Ducasse in round 2. Raw projects I'm sorry are for rounds 5-7 (Think a guy like William Campbell) not in round 2.

Plus, missing badly on Gholston at #6 set the Jets back too. If he works out, think about it over the years, there is probably no need for Jason Taylor and quite honestly right now, there is probably no need for Quinton Coples or if you did draft Coples, there would have been no need for a 3-4 OLB all these years.

On a personal level, where the Jets need to start doing better in terms of the draft is rounds 4-7. I can remember drafts where we got guys like Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Drew Coleman, Dwight Lowery, Jerricho Cotchery that were really serviceable players for us when they were here. I get the feeling a lot of times with the Jets that when they get to rounds 5-7, especially lately that they really don't care that much, almost like they think a 6th rounder can't help them.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    This is why we brought in Idzik. This exact reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    This is why we brought in Idzik. This exact reason.
    Precisely. Excited to see how we draft this season.

vCash
    We didn't have a lot of picks during those years because we operated a "win now" concept for immediate results which came pretty close to working.

The good that Tanny provided has been completely forgotten by some people. He wasn't that awful. He was pretty far and way the best GM the team has ever had. Even those drafts aren't awful, minus the 2010 one... arguably the 2008 one (**** you Gholston).
    Last edited by jetsforever; 03-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    2008, 2009, and 2010 were all god-awful drafts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I won't necessarily agree with that. I will guarantee you that there are a lot of people right now that would gladly take a healthy Dustin Keller, Dwight Lowery, Matt Slauson, and Joe McKnight (For KR purposes) on this team right about now. You would have your #1 TE, FS, LG, and KR.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    2009 you had a running back who really was the reason we won 3/4 playoff games we were victorious in, an offensive lineman in the 6th round who has become a high quality starting guard and a quarterback who, while it didn't work out ideally, was still your quarterback for 3 pretty good seasons and one dreadful one.

2009 draft was not god awful.

vCash
    It's kind of amazing that this team remained competitive with how bad some of these draft classes turned out. We could have been CLEV or JAX but thank god we weren't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast