Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The cornerback situation

Does Idzik *REALLY* expect to go into the season with Milliner and Walls or Milliner and [rookie] as his starting corners? Is he that dense?
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    I think so who's left Carols Rodgers, Champ Bailey?

vCash
    It would only make him as dense as maybe 20 other nfl teams. We as jets fans have been spoiled for years with revis and Cro. Most teams don't get elite corners

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Does Idzik *REALLY* expect to go into the season with Milliner and Walls or Milliner and [rookie] as his starting corners? Is he that dense?
    I sure hope not. Not too happy with idzik way of thinking. He is putting a little bit too much into nailing the draft to fill those spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    I sure hope not. Not too happy with idzik way of thinking. He is putting a little bit too much into nailing the draft to fill those spots.
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't sign a vet to compete with a presumable CB from the draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSBOSS View Post
    It would only make him as dense as maybe 20 other nfl teams. We as jets fans have been spoiled for years with revis and Cro. Most teams don't get elite corners
    That's fair, though we have put up with many deficiencies over the years at other positions due to Rex's focus on CBs. If CBs aren't as important for Rex anymore, then fine, I guess...
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    You act like Walls is this big piece of junk. Just because he wasn't a Top draft pick doesn't mean he can't ball. Everyone always complains about teams diamonds in the rough...how do you think they become one? They get a chance and take full advantage of it.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but unless another move is made we have to hope he does.

Don't rant unless he starts becoming the reason we lose games.

vCash
    The CB play was bad last season yet we still survived. Cro was dreadful and Milliner sucked for most of the year yet the defense was still pretty good.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Darrin Walls can make the next step forward and become a #2 if need be.

vCash
    If they get DeSean I expect them to draft a CB in the 1st round.
    And go offense in 2 through 4.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    If they get DeSean I expect them to draft a CB in the 1st round.
    And go offense in 2 through 4.
    Yep.

I personally don't like the Deshaun idea but I will say that it would free up the draft for this team. You lose the third round pick but you no longer have to take a WR in the first. You still could take a WR in the first and a CB in the second but your priorities can be shifted and you can be a bit more free.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Darrin Walls can make the next step forward and become a #2 if need be.
    Yep..I like walls..not sure I want Desean.. Rather draft a WR..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep.

I personally don't like the Deshaun idea but I will say that it would free up the draft for this team. You lose the third round pick but you no longer have to take a WR in the first. You still could take a WR in the first and a CB in the second but your priorities can be shifted and you can be a bit more free.
    Not only would trading for DJAX free up the draft but think about the at least every play double team he draws to open up so much for MARTY/VICK combo to work with, they would have nice possession move the chain receiver in DECK and a nice young TE to go along with a deep threat to go along with that front 7 on the other side

the scariest thing in the nfl is for REX to have a offense going into the draft/season, scary because he gets the most out of his defense, regardless the talent level of it as a whole

VICK would have them at worst if healthy in title game if they can shore up CB position and whatever else needed on d side and o

it is being reported that DJAX may be cut so I wouldn't give up a 3rd unless its a bidding war for his services because if he is released he is going to play with his big bro VICK, no doubt

vCash
    walls is nice, don't sleep on him