Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders Spending Without Hurting Long-Term Salary Picture

Good read on how well Reggie has been doing for us this off-season. Feels good that we finally have a SMART GM! Props to RM for getting it done for us.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sport...251211291.html

vCash
    Oh no

A thread praising our GM

vCash
    I swear we must be the most bipolar fan base ever. We have come full circle with McKenzie for sure...
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    I swear we must be the most bipolar fan base ever. We have come full circle with McKenzie for sure...
    x10

vCash
    He had a plan all along. It wasn't the plan for instant gratification some expected.

vCash
    Next season Mike Ipatuitu of the 49ers is a free agent and they have Crabtree and Kaepernot as free agents. Hopefully we get Ipatuitu lol. My bad if I butchered his last name.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Let's see the results on the field. contract-wise, yeah Reggie did well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Next season Mike Ipatuitu of the 49ers is a free agent and they have Crabtree and Kaepernot as free agents. Hopefully we get Ipatuitu lol. My bad if I butchered his last name.
    Yeah iupuitiapuitiaitiaitiutiu is a beast.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    And then you got Gregg Rosenthal saying we're doing it all wrong on an NFL.com article. Like what other way are we supposed to do it? Bring in "average" young players? NO THANKS BREW

vCash
    Some of us always liked McKenzie... but good lord, he stumbled out of the blocks.

Aside from the 24-48 hours in which it looked like the franchise was doomed, Reggie has remained impressively disciplined despite facing his imminent demise as the GM of the Raiders.

It's hard not to appreciate his discipline when his job was on the line.

vCash
    I am about as impartial toward Reggie as they come. I think he is fantastic with money management. I have always applauded that aspect of him. Sometimes I question his ability to identify talent though. I thought the Saffold move was dreadful, I thought the Palmer move was completely idiotic because I know that Reggie was forcing him out to bring in "his GB guy". And of course I don't like that he passed on the defensive rookie of the year for a guy who could never be the same player in the draft last year.

Now I mentioned this before and I am really starting to believe it more, but I fully believe Reggie lets his coaches make the draft decisions. I believe Hayden was DA's guy more so than Reggie's. I believe Watson was all Sporano and Sio Moore was all Tarver. Now I have always had a problem with DA and am irritated that he still has a job, but maybe I don't have as much negative feeling towards Reggie as I think I do.

We have had a "solid" off-season. Not great... solid. We still don't really have any players to build this team around other than maybe Sio Moore and that is bad football. Granted that could be fixed with the draft but I do not have faith in this organization to make the smart decision anymore come draft day.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I shall not tell a lie...I have been up and down and back around this year.

vCash
    I think his plan with QBs has been horrible! From Palmer, to Flynn, to Wilson, to Pryor, to McGloin, to now Schaub. What a dreadful 2 years of QB decisions. Thats all Ill say, I could go on for a while.

vCash
    RM was dealt rough cards with the Raiders when he accepted the job. First two years..... no money and no pick.... now he has a boat load of money and picks... problem is no Elite talent wants to come here. People can get upset all they want..... He had a lot of holes to fill on this team and over paying Elite talent wasn't the smart decision. So far I have been pleased with his FA signings and not so satisfied with his drafting. Today I think the team is in a lot better shape than when he took the job. If he is canned his predecessor will take a team in a lot better shape with room to build.

vCash
    I think his draft last year was actually pretty decent, If Hayden, Watson, Moore & Rivera pan out I think it could turn out to be a great draft. Tyler Wilson was the only one that threw me for a loop really. Latavius Murray, Stacy McGee, Brice Butler, Miles Buris, Juron Criner and a few other guys still could potentially become something. Even David Bass has shown he can play at the next level.

it's too early to judge his picks IMO, however he has mad some bad decisions at QB. The Palmer and Flynn moves being the biggest head scratchers.

Raiders Draft History
    1. DJ Hayden, CB, Houston
    2. Menelik Watson, T, Flordia State
    3. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut
    4. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    6a. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado
    6b. Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida
    6c. Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennesee
    6d. Stacy McGee, DT Oklahoma
    7a. Brice Butler, WR, San Diego State
    7b. David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State

3. Tony Bergstrom, T, Utah