Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,818
    vCash
    1500

    Giants to sign CB free agent Zack Bowman

    Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) tweeted at 5:15 PM on Fri, Mar 21, 2014:

    From @ESPNChiBears: Giants are close to signing free agent CB Zack Bowman. #NYG
    Played for the Bears last year.


    CB Zack Bowman


    Height: 6-1 Weight: 196 Age: 29
    Born: 11/18/1984 Charleston , SC
    College: Nebraska
    Experience: 7th season
    High School: Batesburg-Leesville HS [SC]; Bartlett HS [Anchorage, AK]


    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BowmZa20.htm

    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 03-21-2014 at 06:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,818
    vCash
    1500
    Am I missing something?

    Corner back:

    Prince
    DRC
    Thurman
    Mcbride
    Hosley

    Saftey:

    Hill
    Brown
    Rolle
    Demps

    Why are we signing another ****ing defensive back? Is this guy some special teams talent that they're loading up on?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Am I missing something?

    Prince
    DRC
    Thurman
    Mcbride
    Hosley

    Why are we signing another corner back?
    Depth , Hosley gets hurt we have Walt and Mcbride , DRC and prince are our starters .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,818
    vCash
    1500
    Are they really gonna carry 10 defensive backs? And 3 quarter backs?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Are they really gonna carry 10 defensive backs? And 3 quarter backs?
    Who knows what is going on. I expected a DL signing, not another DB.


    I miss our dominating D.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16,876
    vCash
    1500
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is going to be a major focus on improving special teams this offseason.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,261
    vCash
    1500

    Giants to sign CB free agent Zack Bowman

    Well we definitely won't be takings any DBs in this draft.... I guess we can carry more DBs if we only carry the 5 LBs we currently have.... But one LB injury and we're in deep trouble


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,870
    vCash
    1500
    Oh good we needed another CB.

    Honestly, at the rate our DBs get injured.....fine, load 'em up!

    Bummer is that every CB signing means more competition to get Charles James up. I really think he could be a solid guy to develop, but gonna be slim pickings for opportunities.

    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is going to be a major focus on improving special teams this offseason.
    Ha, yeah, I'd say that's the message that's out there. Yet somehow firing Quinn wasn't a part of that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,183
    vCash
    1500
    Love it, very good special team help, and provides Depth...




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Am I missing something?

    Corner back:

    Prince
    DRC
    Thurman
    Mcbride
    Hosley

    Saftey:

    Hill
    Brown
    Rolle
    Demps

    Why are we signing another ****ing defensive back? Is this guy some special teams talent that they're loading up on?
    Which DE is out there worth signing? I mean Jared Allen is out our price range...

    What is scary is they're putting a lot on JPP which might back fire. Kiwi might not be as good as Tuck against the run but he's capable of doing the job.

    Kiwi and JPP at the ends isn't sexy but it's good enough... If we can somehow get the 2011 JPP back then that's a bonus!!!




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    So far no news on Mike Patterson..... And yet he's spending money on other people, I'm getting paranoid.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Which DE is out there worth signing? I mean Jared Allen is out our price range...

    What is scary is they're putting a lot on JPP which might back fire. Kiwi might not be as good as Tuck against the run but he's capable of doing the job.

    Kiwi and JPP at the ends isn't sexy but it's good enough... If we can somehow get the 2011 JPP back then that's a bonus!!!
    Some kinda lower budget guy. Ayers, Kyle Love, Jason Hunter.

    Probably best to re-sign Patterson and try and grab a DE in the first 3 rounds.

    Everyone is looking at TE, WR and G/C as needs in the draft, but I feel like there will be value there in the 2nd-4th rounds (based on a crap knowledge of this year's draft class mind you). If there's a high rated pass rusher at 12 overall, I bet we pounce. And if they can get on the field quickly and Moore develops, its less we have to worry about re-signing JPP.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Some kinda lower budget guy. Ayers, Kyle Love, Jason Hunter.

    Probably best to re-sign Patterson and try and grab a DE in the first 3 rounds.

    Everyone is looking at TE, WR and G/C as needs in the draft, but I feel like there will be value there in the 2nd-4th rounds (based on a crap knowledge of this year's draft class mind you). If there's a high rated pass rusher at 12 overall, I bet we pounce. And if they can get on the field quickly and Moore develops, its less we have to worry about re-signing JPP.
    Ayers and love aren't any good and Hunter is more of a pass rusher. The best option is Spencer but I guess the Giants didn't feel right about his knees. There's no real option out there at DE. I don't mind Kiwi but I hope we draft a DE early!




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    ^The way Swagg makes it sounds, we're kinda screwed at DE.....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Ayers and love aren't any good and Hunter is more of a pass rusher. The best option is Spencer but I guess the Giants didn't feel right about his knees. There's no real option out there at DE. I don't mind Kiwi but I hope we draft a DE early!
    I'm with ya there. Not listing my preferences, but my expectations based on the way the FO works. But again, its all on the draft and they REALLY need to get a pass rusher in there. If Moore doesn't develop as expected and JPP leaves in FA next year, we've got some problems......or we can just sign Justin Houston or JJ Watt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •