vCash

Giants sign OL John Jerry

Played RG for Miami. Discuss!

OL John Jerry

Height: 6-5 Weight: 335 Age: 27
    Born: 6/14/1986 Memphis , TN
    College: Mississippi
    Experience: 5th season
    High School: South Panola HS [Batesville, MS]; Hargrave Mil. Acad [Chatham, VA]

It's old, but all I could find:

Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 03-21-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

vCash
    Since u didn't decide to post a link on it..

Giants ink Bullygate lineman

Richie Incognito was exiled from the NFL for his role in the Miami Dolphins' Bully-gate scandal. John Jerry, who was named as one of his co-conspirators, was exiled to the Giants.

Jerry, who according to investigator Ted Wells, was one of three Dolphins linemen who "engaged in a pattern of harrassment directed" at now-former Dolphins lineman Jonathan Martin last season, signed with the Giants on Friday, the team announced. The 27-year-old was added for his ability to swing between guard and tackle.

And in a statement released to the media, Giants GM Jerry Reese indicated questions about his character were addressed before his deal was signed.

"We did our homework on John, like we do with every player we sign," Reese said. "We were satisfied with the answers we got about John as a player and person."
    Jerry, a 6-5, 335-pounder, was the least-known of the Bully-gate trio that exploded in Miami late last year when Martin left the team allegedly because of constant harrassment by Incognito. After Martin left and Incognito was suspended, the Dolphins hired Wells to investigate Martin's claims. He determined a pattern of bullying and inappropriate behavior had gone on that was led by Incognito, but included Jerry and center Mike Pouncey.

In the report, Wells said "we ultimately concluded that Martin was indeed harassed by Incognito, who can fairly be described as the main instigator, and by Jerry and Pouncey, who tended to follow Incognito's lead.

Neither Reese nor Tom Coughlin were available to the media to discuss what "answers" Jerry provided about what happened in Miami, or how they plan to insure it doesn't happen with the Giants. Jerry was also unavailable for comment, and no quotes from him were included in the Giants' press release announcing the signing.

Jerry started 45 games for the Dolphins in his four seasons and was their starting right guard for the last two years. He figures to be a backup lineman in New York, but the Giants did trumpet his ability to also play left tackle -- which could be key as their incumbent left tackle, Will Beatty, continues to rehab from the broken leg he suffered in the season finale in December.
    http://m.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2014/03/giants-ink-bullygate-lineman

I don't follow PFF nor do I really care but it was tweeted by Giants media.

He ranked 4th best as a guard on pass plays and 6th worst against the run.

He was also listed as a bully in the incognito report and he may face suspension as it hasn't been handed down yet.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 03-21-2014 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    I am guessing this is mainly in response to Boothe's departure. I have to admit, I know nothing about him.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    He mostly plays RG, but has played LT as well. Depth move. I could care less about his involvement in the Martin scandal.

vCash
    No complaints. Protect Eli if Snee isn't capable of going. A Coughlin run game is more about carries than yards anyway. He's definitely a big athletic guy with unrealized potential. Soft and lazy in the run game, but he can dance around in pass pro.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 5:58 PM on Fri, Mar 21, 2014:

RT @RavensInsider: John Jerrry deal: one-year, $770,000, $25,000 signing bonus, up to $10,000 weight incentive, $730,000 salary
    Weight incentive. I've never seen that

Oh and only 25,000 guaranteed.

vCash
    This is a "yeah why not?" signing. I like it. Solid depth, could pan out to a starting job if needed.

Still wanna see them add another center though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This is a "yeah why not?" signing. I like it. Solid depth, could pan out to a starting job if needed.

Still wanna see them add another center though.
    +1 on the John Jerry comment. Even though I have faith that Walton can be the starting center for us IF healthy, I'm worried about his injury history as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants add another Center, but who's decent out there in FA?

I don't like Brian De La Puente at all. I'd rather see them draft a Center capable of starting on day 1 if need be like Travis Swanson.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash

Giants sign OL John Jerry

That's as cheap as you're ever going to get quality offensive lineman in this league.

No brainer.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    +1 on the John Jerry comment. Even though I have faith that Walton can be the starting center for us IF healthy, I'm worried about his injury history as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants add another Center, but who's decent out there in FA?

I don't like Brian De La Puente at all. I'd rather see them draft a Center capable of starting on day 1 if need be like Travis Swanson.
    At the beginning of FA I wasn't a fan of targeting de La Puente. Given our current situation, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I do hope the Walton thing pays off, but I'm scared. Last time we took on a guy who hadn't played in a year it was Marvin Austin (I think).

vCash
    ....also I keep reading this as "Giants sign John Kerry"

vCash
    At the beginning of FA I wasn't a fan of targeting de La Puente. Given our current situation, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I do hope the Walton thing pays off, but I'm scared. Last time we took on a guy who hadn't played in a year it was Marvin Austin (I think).
    I think you mean Shawn Andrews lol. It almost worked

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 5:58 PM on Fri, Mar 21, 2014:

Weight incentive. I've never seen that

Oh and only 25,000 guaranteed.
    i.e. Bryant McKinnie

vCash
    ....also I keep reading this as "Giants sign John Kerry"

vCash
    Tom Rock (@TomRock_Newsday) tweeted at 3:15 PM on Mon, Mar 24, 2014:

New Giant John Jerry may still face NFL discipline (Wells Report), but I am told it will NOT be in form of a suspension.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast