Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Will Marco Belinelli pick up where Manu Ginobili leaves off?

One of the big Spurs story lines, in my opinion, is Marco Belinelli, 27, helping pick up where Manu Ginobili, 36, has started falling off with old age and injuries.
    Obviously, Belinelli isn't at Manu's level of play, but can he become the sixth man for the Spurs? Is he already there? Is someone else going to be the sixth man?

vCash
    I think he's going to be getting Manu's money once Manu is off the books next season. It isn't a guarantee, but they have very similar games outside of driving to the net.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I think Marco is decent, but not nearly the player that Gino was in his prime. I think it is also really important to remember that Gino was really our "starting" shooting guard for a long time. He just didn't start the game. I am fine withe Marco sticking, but I also think he could be in line for a big FA (see Neal, Gary). And I definitely don't want to overpay for him. I also think we need to see another year from him. Can he do this consistently or is this just one of those years where a guy gets hot. It is important to remember that he is having a career year in regards to fg%,3p%,ft%,reb,ast. In addition, his defense is manageable at best and he has an average PER.

After next year, Green and Belinelli are both FAs. Who do you give your money to, because I don't think they are both back. And does either one deserve a 6+ deal?

vCash
    It's tough to even guess what SA is going to do moving forward. Marco is a very good bench player, and it's possible he could improve more. Who knows..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    It's tough to even guess what SA is going to do moving forward. Marco is a very good bench player, and it's possible he could improve more. Who knows..
    He'd be a useful player for this team. Whether he becomes as useful Manu is unlikely considering that Ginobili has a chance to be a HOF type player. He's one of the five best to come over from Europe ever, hands down.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I'm going to be sad when Timmy finally hangs them up and tony too

Manu not so much.....