I don't have the time for a 3rd annual PSD Fan of the Year contest but as an alternative I'm going to do a preseason prediction contest. There will be no monthly installments these preseason predictions are the entire contest. The scoring is quite simple getting an answer exactly right will earn you 2 points, if no one gets the question exactly right the person with the closest answer gets one point. I was tempted to pose a question about every significant Pirates player for 2014 but instead I opted to cap it at 11 (as otherwise it probably would have been over 30) with two team questions worth a total of three points. All of this means a perfect score will be 25 but that is highly unlikely. There will be at least 13 points handed out though so I hope to get a winner.
*Whoever is the closest to #12 will receive 2 points regardless of if they are exactly right. There will also be one point awarded for whomever is closest to the tie breaker. The tie breaker will be used to break ties both for question #12 and for the contest as a whole.
1. Andrew Lambo - How many RBI will he have?
2. Pedro Alvarez - How many HR will he have?
3. Jordy Mercer - What will his batting average be?
4. Starling Marte - How many stolen bases will he have?
5. Andrew McCutchen - How many combined HR and SB will he have?
6. Gregory Polanco - On what date will he be called up?
7. Francisco Liriano - How many wins will he have?
8. Gerrit Cole - How many strike outs will he have?
9. Edinson Volquez - What will be his ERA?
10. Jameson Taillon - On what date will he make his first start?
11. Jason Grilli - How many saves will he have?
*12. Pirates - How many games will they win?
*Tie Breaker: How many runs will the Pirates score this season?