Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,788
    vCash
    1500

    claude giroux For MVP?

    If not who would be your MVP right now? Does Claude have a good chance? I am not bringing this up as a homer because most people know how I thought he was overrated and I wanted to trade him for Alexander the great but that being said the dude is really winning me over and he seems to be gaining a ton of momentum for the award.

    They brought it up and statistically he has been the best player from December 11th on . He is ahead of Crosby himself when you factor in the clutch points.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-21-2014 at 12:53 AM.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    3,190
    vCash
    1500
    If it wasn't for Sid he's probably have a decent shot at it, but Sid is running away with it. Right now I have Sid, Getzlaf, and Kessel as my finalist's (and no, I'm not just loping at pint totals) with Ovie and Giroux right outside at that bubble.


    After Hours album out 4/29

    When you're having fun... Timeflies

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,606
    vCash
    1000
    Crosby
    Getzlaf
    Kessel

    are the finalist. You could add Bobrovsky as well...

    Nyquist has been outscoring Giroux since mid-January BTW.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Crosby
    Getzlaf
    Kessel

    are the finalist. You could add Bobrovsky as well...

    Nyquist has been outscoring Giroux since mid-January BTW.
    http://inagist.com/all/446122776571949056/

    Nobody has been outscoring G from december on though.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,400
    vCash
    1500
    He's been great but I just don't see a player almost 20 points behind the league leader in points having a shot at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    He's been great but I just don't see a player almost 20 points behind the league leader in points having a shot at it.

    The key things that are being thrown around is him being the best player from December 11th on and him being more clutch than crosby when it comes to the points. They ran it tonight against the dallas stars... even with the 20 point differential G has had more clutch points than crosby and has scored more in key situations and does a ton of other things better.

    Not my words but the breakdown during the flyers/stars game

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Huron, MI
    Posts
    6,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The key things that are being thrown around is him being the best player from December 11th on and him being more clutch than crosby when it comes to the points. They ran it tonight against the dallas stars... even with the 20 point differential G has had more clutch points than crosby and has scored more in key situations and does a ton of other things better.

    Not my words but the breakdown during the flyers/stars game
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but how is he more clutch? Is there some kind of stat for this or is this just the announcers biased view?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

    EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but how is he more clutch? Is there some kind of stat for this or is this just the announcers biased view?
    yea I was looking for it now but cant find it. They used go ahead points and late game scoring and on down the list to break down crosby and G... G came out with 3 more clutch points even though he is 20 points or so behind crosby... Which further makes another argument for the 3rd assist crap or whatever but yea they broke down the points and situational stuff.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,154
    vCash
    1500
    More clutch? how about the first part of the season when it took how many games for giroux to get first goal. The fact that they have the same amount of gwg and ot goals. crosby has a higher plus minus and there face off percentage is almost equal. so the fact that that crosby has more than 20 more points says its not that close at all.
    crap whats is my name

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Quinnipiac University
    Posts
    3,190
    vCash
    1500
    Sure from December 11, he's scored the most points, but remember the season he was having up until that point? He was God awful. Without that horrible stretch at the beginning of the year, he'd probably be 2nd in the league in points and closer in the Hart race, but the fact is that there are a few other players who have had better overall and more consistent seasons.


    After Hours album out 4/29

    When you're having fun... Timeflies

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,844
    vCash
    1500
    It's Crosby, there's legitimately nothing to discuss here. And I don't even like Crosby.


    Jill Garvey <3

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    955
    vCash
    1500
    FLYERS FAN HERE !!!!!











































































    its Crosby
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    30,683
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    More clutch? how about the first part of the season when it took how many games for giroux to get first goal. The fact that they have the same amount of gwg and ot goals. crosby has a higher plus minus and there face off percentage is almost equal. so the fact that that crosby has more than 20 more points says its not that close at all.
    I think it's Crosby as well, but this logic right here is flawed. Wouldn't the fact that Crosby has 20 more points yet has the same almost of GWGs and OT goals, favor G more than Sid? Like MTM said, maybe since they are so close in all 'clutch' points it's making those assists more filler.

    I think he'd be in the discussion (I think Kessel as well).

    I also don't think you can fault him entirely for the first part of the season as dreadful because the ENTIRE team was dreadful. If anything when G turned it on the whole team turned it on. Mvps are more than just stats. (Again though, Sid's)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,154
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think it's Crosby as well, but this logic right here is flawed. Wouldn't the fact that Crosby has 20 more points yet has the same almost of GWGs and OT goals, favor G more than Sid? Like MTM said, maybe since they are so close in all 'clutch' points it's making those assists more filler.

    I think he'd be in the discussion (I think Kessel as well).

    I also don't think you can fault him entirely for the first part of the season as dreadful because the ENTIRE team was dreadful. If anything when G turned it on the whole team turned it on. Mvps are more than just stats. (Again though, Sid's)
    Not flawed really more points is more points. The fact that they are tied in those two areas is more related to how Giroux is suppose to be more clutch.

    Well isnt that part of the MVP is when your team is not playing well to get them to play better or to carry them .
    crap whats is my name

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,154
    vCash
    1500
    Giroux is a dam good player and had it not been for begining of the season it is very likely he would be in the top 3 for MVP. Right now it has to be Sid, Getzlaf, and Kessel.
    crap whats is my name

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •