Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: QB situation

vCash

QB situation

Ok it's been a while since I've wrote in this forum, never really did anyways but i always read all of your opinions.. I know the Qb position is in the air right now but do you guys really think McGloin is better and could win more games than Pryor? it amazes me that most of y'all don't mention Pryor at all. Free agent wise i would stay away from all Qb's left and would probably jus draft one hoping for Bortles in the 1st and if not either trade back or go defense. I do think Pryor could lead this team and with all the Lineman we brought in, i think we could build around him, not so high on McGloin but do think he's capable and a hard worker as well.
    Last edited by 707raiders; 03-21-2014 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    I don't think the organization believes they have the starting QB on the roster, and the free agent crop is not any better. The draft is the only hope to better the situation we have.

vCash
    McGloin was better than Pryor. That's... just... obvious...?

I'm not sure McGloin is capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, but I'm damned sure he's a better option than Pryor.

vCash
    We don't mention pryor at all because there's a great chance he's not on the roster come opening day. Actually I'll go out and say he won't be. Schaub will be here within a week, we'll take a QB in the draft, and have mcgloin. Pryor is done in Oakland. And unless he switches positions he's 2 years away from being done playing in the NFL.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Schaub is being shopped by the Texans, per Rapoport, but interested teams such as the Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New York Jets are not likely to take action until he's released. That could come as soon as Friday, according to Rapoport, after the Texans formally displaced Schaub with the signing of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Around The League's Marc Sessler recently sent Schaub to Oakland as one of the best remaining fits in free agency. If Schaub ends up reuniting with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan in Cleveland, though, McKenzie could turn to Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ers-as-next-qb

vCash
    Terrelle Pryor is largely an afterthought at this point. He isn't mentioned often because he possesses the lowest probability of starting and a strong one of being entirely absent from the roster.

There is no downside to increasing the pool of potential successes by acquiring a veteran, drafting a prospect (the most likely to yield the elusive "answer" in my opinion), and allowing McGloin the opportunity to compete and grow. Circumstance and results would then dictate short and long-term strategy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 707raiders View Post
    Ok it's been a while since I've wrote in this forum, never really did anyways but i always read all of your opinions.. I know the Qb position is in the air right now but do you guys really think McGloin is better and could win more game than Pryor? it amazes me that most of y'all don't mention Pryor at all. Free agent wise i would stay away from all Qb's left and would probably jus draft one hoping for Bortles in the 1st and if not either trade back or go defense. I do think Pryor could lead this team and with all the Lineman we brought in, i think we could build around him, not so high on McGloin but do think he's capable and a hard worker as well.
    I don't understand how people can watch last season's games and still think TP is a better QB than McG. People need to separate "better athlete" from "better QB". Pryor is inferior when it comes to passing the ball, it was flat out obvious. Had he not caught SD by surprise, and we're not so skilled at running the ball, he would be a forgotten name around here.

I do like McGloin, but I also don't think he is the long term solution at QB; he could be, but it's a long shot, we'll know for sure after this season.

Our best option would be to trade for one of the FAs and let them battle it out with McGloin while we pick up a QB in the 2nd. I also wouldn't be too hesitant to run with McGloin and a 2nd round QB and no FA.

I don't like any of the first round options, so spare me the Manziel fan club.
    Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    I think Al Davis is a robot created in the 1960's to run a afl franchise.
    --------------
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Billboard is too new technology for Al Davis. I'm going to be a maverick and do it the way Al can understand. I will hire a horseman to deliver the petitions and send Morse code to him.
    ------------------------

"What people don't get about me, is that I'm a rockstar first, and a basketball player second," - Lamar Odom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    McGloin was better than Pryor. That's... just... obvious...?

I'm not sure McGloin is capable of being a starting QB in the NFL, but I'm damned sure he's a better option than Pryor.
    This.

IMO, Draft options>McGloin>Schaub>Pryor>Sanchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    Schaub is being shopped by the Texans, per Rapoport, but interested teams such as the Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New York Jets are not likely to take action until he's released. That could come as soon as Friday, according to Rapoport, after the Texans formally displaced Schaub with the signing of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Around The League's Marc Sessler recently sent Schaub to Oakland as one of the best remaining fits in free agency. If Schaub ends up reuniting with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan in Cleveland, though, McKenzie could turn to Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ers-as-next-qb
    Like I have been saying I predict Schaub to the Browns.

His ex-OC and Josh Gordon to throw to.

With the Browns having 2 1st round picks, Hoyer, and possibly Schaub, it will also free us up with a better chance at landing Bridgewater/Bortles. Browns could draft Carr late 1st round or maybe no QB at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    This.

IMO, Draft options>McGloin>Schaub>Pryor>Sanchez.
    But is the draft option>An NFL Draft day trade for , oh lets say.....Kirk Cousins or Mike Glennon?

vCash
    But is the draft option>An NFL Draft day trade for , oh lets say.....Kirk Cousins or Mike Glennon?
    Cousins is no better than McGloin as of last season. I wouldn't trade for Glennon either. I would take the potential of Bridgewater or Bortles over Schaub, Cousins, McGloin any day of the week. We have seen them and it isn't successful.

vCash
    I'm so tired hearing about Pryor. He's a tremendous athlete but he's a garbage QB.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Cousins is no better than McGloin as of last season. I wouldn't trade for Glennon either. I would take the potential of Bridgewater or Bortles over Schaub, Cousins, McGloin any day of the week. We have seen them and it isn't successful.
    Hmmmm, interesting. This one has me stumped, I couldn't put my season on a rookie. I'd have to go with a veteran. Just not sure which one. Schaubs first half performance against the Seahawks has me pumped to go after him, but his second half.....had Texan fans burning his jersey.

vCash
    Honestly, not trying to be GM but if I was I would bring in both schaub and Freeman. Schaub and Freeman battle it out to be starter. Pryor/mcgloin/new rookie as 3rd string. Schaub is one year away from when he was in probowl contention and freeman is still young and had way more potential coming out of college than any of the first rounders this year. Freeman career took a hit when Olson left, putting him back with Olsen could rejuvenate him. Plus we have the cap to bring them both in.

vCash
    Hmmmm, interesting. This one has me stumped, I couldn't put my season on a rookie. I'd have to go with a veteran. Just not sure which one. Schaubs first half performance against the Seahawks has me pumped to go after him, but his second half.....had Texan fans burning his jersey.
    Add in what Schaub had to work with on offense compared to what we have, and it's very easy to see he will struggle even more so here. Besides, I see Schaub going to the Browns, where a top WR is and his ex-OC. That could very well leave us with Sanchez or the draft. Uh, give me Bortles ASAP. The way the team is being built, veteran presence could help a rookie transition.

Also, a healthy camp battle between a Bridgewater/Bortles and McGloin could help determine the opening starter. McGloin and the rookie would have to earn it. Schaub/Sanchez does nothing for us. I just know we are looking for a starting QB.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast