Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Amare reflects on Knick career and future with team

Long interview, too long to post here so I'll just post the link. Good read going through the years, though STAT seems a bit delusional in certain parts...lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...and-whats-next

vCash
    Stat is one of the hardest workers in the league. Sure, defensively he's clueless at times but the effort is always there. I wouldn't mind us resigning Stat on the low year to year, I see no reason why he can't develop into a great role player on a playoff team. I can see him in a Larry Johnson type role back when LJ wore the orange and blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung N Fly View Post
    Stat is one of the hardest workers in the league. Sure, defensively he's clueless at times but the effort is always there. I wouldn't mind us resigning Stat on the low year to year, I see no reason why he can't develop into a great role player on a playoff team. I can see him in a Larry Johnson type role back when LJ wore the orange and blue.
    LJ was actually a damn good passer though and developed a 3pt shot... things Amare has never been good at.

You know who Stat is starting to remind of though? Antonio McDyess after his surgeries.... I think Amare can be the same kind of role player.

vCash
    I think stat will resign with us for the minimum or part of the midlevel, and eventually finish his career in New York. He will always have ties with the organization like Allan Houston.
    With all the injuries this guy been thru, but always works his way back. If this was any other player their career would've been over.

And S/O to all the Knicks fans, with all his struggles he never been boo in the garden.

vCash
    I think Stat after injuries can and will be more productive than LJ after injuries. LJ was a shadow of what he was when he came to NY. Still a contributor , but no where near what he was in charlotte before he got hurt.

vCash
    I'd love to see him come back for a small contract. Easily one of the hardest workers in the league, a quality human being, and a snazzy dresser to boot! (Hey, dude looks good in a suit) I love that he's developed a strong post game, and love to see his mid-range jumper starting to extend out towards the perimeter.

We'll see if trading him next year has a negative impact on his decision when free agency comes around, though. Because that's totally going to happen.

vCash
    If STAT comes back for the mid level well that would be fitting all around and he'd get instant appreciation from the fan base.

lets face it after next year he won't be able to play over 20 min at a high level so keeping him as that instant offense off the bench and playing 15-20 a game being efficient that would really help a Knick team that hopefully gets players like a love and rondo.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    The guys work ethic and overall positive attitude has amazingly kept him in a positive light from a fans perspective. Considering the financial strain he has put on this Knicks organization, any other athlete would have been hated and run out of town by now. It's literally impossible to be mad at the guy!

vCash
    Damn, after reading that article what can you say? All heart and dedication.

vCash
    If it's all true and now it's not all about the money
    Amare will restructure his contract this year
    And as Dolan says we will make big splash in FA this year
    I know it's a pipe dream...
    Last edited by Ptych; 03-21-2014 at 05:00 AM.

vCash
    ^first thing that came to mind, I wouldn't mind stretching his contract. Stat at a reasonable price is good for the Knicks.

vCash
    Amare is a G

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Yeah yeah. The good guy stuff is cool.. Fact remains.. There is only one player on this team with a better offensive game.. Until that changes we need Amare.. And we need him to play at a high level..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    If Amare is back at the mid level or somewhere around that price range, I'm okay with that.

STAT at a supermax is a waste of money. STAT at the mid-level is fair value and probably a bit of a bargain.

If he came back for the mid-level for multiple years, I could easily learn to forget the health issues at supermax.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    No I think if Carmelo leaves, Stat will become the player we all know and love. Carmelo and JR are both all about themselves. I have been watching the game with a couple of my partners and we was watching the game and I told them when Carmelo, was going to shoot the ball before the play was ever developed. I think he should leave and kill some other team, cause he is not a team player and to get New York back will need a team not just a player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast