Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Falcons sign Devin Hester

Falcons agreed to terms with KR Devin Hester, formerly of the Bears, on a three-year contract.

Financial details are not yet available, but it's the end of an era for Hester, who spent the first eight years of his career with the Bears. One of the greatest return men in league history, Hester remained near the top in both punt- and kick-return average last season. Hester is a pure return man at this point he offers nothing on offense but could be a difference maker for a team that lacked a spark on special teams in 2013.
    rotoworld/Schefter
    Last edited by Ramon Nivar; 03-20-2014 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Great signing for you guys. Can't wait to see him break the return record. He'll be missed in Chicago.

vCash
    Even though the return game has changed recently and you don't see nearly as many big returns, I still love this move by Atlanta. I'm interested to see if they plan to use him at WR also. Imagine the damage Hester could do out of the slot. There would be the possibility of him turning any play into a big play.

vCash
    My best friend is a Bears fan so I've seen more Bears games than I want... Hester is wasting his energy by playing significant snaps at receiver. I can't see him beating out Douglas for targets.

vCash
    3 million a year. Wtf is Td doing. Arenas could have easily been the returner. I like Hester but that is too much money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    3 million a year. Wtf is Td doing. Arenas could have easily been the returner. I like Hester but that is too much money
    Arenas was one of the worst kick returners in the NFL last season and his average was 2 yards fewer than 'Quizz and 6 fewer than Hester. Arenas didn't return punts last season but his career average of about 9 yards is 5 yards shy of what Hester did last year. I think it's worth that money to get that significant of a difference in field position.

vCash
    A solid addition to the Return game for you guys, I just hope his decision-making on punt returns improves because it was brutal at times to watch.

I lost count how many times Devin let a perfectly returnable punt bounce pass him at the opponent's 45 or watch him return a kick 7 yards deep just to get tackled at the 12 >.>
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    every punt/kick returner has their share of idiotic plays