Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Titans release K Rob Bironas

Ah man this one stings although I know it's the right move! Definitely one of the best kickers in NFL history. His accuracy % proves that.

It's clear he's been on a decline though, must of us had been saying that the last 2 years. 36% touchback is lousy and he's been in the 20s of accuracy among kickers the last 2 years also.

He's going to be hard to replace though. Can't always get lucky the way we did with him. We'll look to camp invites and pick the best of a competitive bunch.

It saves the $ but we're unlikely to spend it anyways. Should keep us in good position down the line to keep guys like Casey, Brown, Morgan, Wright & Ayers.

Memories: I'll never forget his 60 yarder to beat the Colts. Also, my first Titans home game came in 2012 when we beat the Steelers on primetime, when Bironas kicked the game winning FG as time expired. Thx for the memories Rob!

vCash
    I was there for the 60 yarder! Front row and parallel to the FG post he was kicking towards. I'm going to miss that guy...for so long you could always count on him.

vCash
    Releasing Bironas can go both ways, he was a very good kicker for us over the years, it will be interesting to see who the replacement is
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Releasing Bironas can go both ways, he was a very good kicker for us over the years, it will be interesting to see who the replacement is
    I think it's a sound football decision, Bironas is 36 and commanding 3 million this upcoming season. While he is one of the best, we could certainly use that money elsewhere and draft/sign a rookie kicker.

vCash
    It's going to be difficult to find a capable replacement, but I really hope we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    It's going to be difficult to find a capable replacement, but I really hope we do.
    If cutting Bironas can land us someone like Knowshon Moreno to add to our offense I'm def backing it. Especially considering the doubts when we swapped Del Greco for Bironas in 2005.

vCash
    We'll see similar doubts because we are likely to fill the spot with a young, unproven kicker, ala Bironas 05.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    If cutting Bironas can land us someone like Knowshon Moreno to add to our offense I'm def backing it. Especially considering the doubts when we swapped Del Greco for Bironas in 2005.
    WOW you are totally wrong. it wasnt AL DEL Greco then Bironas . we did have Joe Nedney, Gary Anderson. know some history man!!!!! not beinga jerk or anything.

vCash
    This was definitely a surprise. I can't say I'm shocked, because the guy hasn't been himself the last couple of seasons, but I also didn't see it coming. I don't think anyone even mentioned him as a possible cap casualty heading into this offseason despite all the names being thrown around. I'll certainly miss the guy, as he was one of the most reliable players on the roster over the last decade and provided more memorable moments than probably any player other than Chris Johnson over that time.

That being said, this was probably a good move if they're looking to save cap room. Considering Bironas was really just a middle of the pack kicker the last two years, they could probably draft someone or add a young guy for a fraction of Bironas' deal. However, having watched Randy Bullock's awful season in Houston last year, I'll admit I'm a little concerned, and getting a quality kicker isn't as easy as it might seem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boy_coy16 View Post
    WOW you are totally wrong. it wasnt AL DEL Greco then Bironas . we did have Joe Nedney, Gary Anderson. know some history man!!!!! not beinga jerk or anything.
    As I stated we swapped Del Greco for Bironas, didn't realize I had to break it down. Obviously that means Del Greco out Bironas in. It's laughable you challenge my knowledge of titans history. 😆

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    As I stated we swapped Del Greco for Bironas, didn't realize I had to break it down. Obviously that means Del Greco out Bironas in. It's laughable you challenge my knowledge of titans history. 😆
    look anyone can look up stats online and not know anything about football. and if you can remember every single tiny detail about the Titans future. than you my friend need a social life. and Nedney was good for us HE sole purposely won us a playoff game. "after football i might become an Actor' LMAO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boy_coy16 View Post
    look anyone can look up stats online and not know anything about football. and if you can remember every single tiny detail about the Titans future. than you my friend need a social life. and Nedney was good for us HE sole purposely won us a playoff game. "after football i might become an Actor' LMAO
    I find it amusing you've chosen to chime in your annual post solely to try to take shots at someone on a message board then claim "not trying to be a dick". I'm not getting into a pissing competition, hopefully your not that pity. I'm here to discuss the titans which I know a lot about. 👍