Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread Part II

Last one hit the limit so here we go again.

Since the last thread left in a cliff hanger here's what we all want to know. It's directed towards you Derek, from Addix.
    What do u do for work?

I always pictured you as a milkman who wears doc martins and hits on old ladies. Am I close?
    The balls in your court derek....
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-19-2014 at 12:12 AM.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeboy1978 View Post
    I don't like the idea of always drafting for need. Teams tend to reach for a need when the best player available could be a game changer. I like the idea of having multiple weapons even if its not a need.
    You don't always have to draft for need...but you do have to address weaknesses on your team. If you can address those weaknesses in free agency, then so be it. There's zero doubt that you are best off taking best player available all the time, but that's only feasible when your team is truly that complete. I would think that Dolphin fans should have a pretty solid understanding of this fact; we loaded our team full of weapons and figured that it would make up for the deficiencies of the offensive line. Instead all of the weapons were borderline pointless because a glaring weakness wasn't addressed. Fill the holes one way or the other...but fill the holes nonetheless. Build your team over a handful of years of smart drafting, great coaching, and intelligent free agency, and next thing you know, you'll be able to actually begin taking BPA in virtually every round. Those are the teams that draft consistently in 28-32 each year...I pray to be one of those again before I die.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Mock
    Trade Down

1. ASJ
    2. Scott Crichton (maybe trade Matt Moore to move up with the gained pick from trading down)
    2. Billy Turner
    3. Dakota Dozier
    4. Phillip Gaines
    5. Zack Kerr
    6. JC Copeland
    I understand your new crush on Crichton, but I'm yet to find that he's anything other than a 4-3 DE. If he can't play OLB, then he's a pointless pick. If he could start right away as an OLB, then I don't mind that draft a bit. Otherwise, the Crichton pick makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Clay is a very good H-back.

We need a TE. Pretty sure everyone agrees on that.

Ebron at 19?
    ASJ or Amaro or Niklas if we trade down or if any one of them slip to our round 2 pick.

I like Niklas b/c of the added blocking that we so desperately need. ASJ would be great as a weapon but that foot better check out. We can't draft a MASH unit like last year.

The problem is can we afford to use our 1st or any early pick on a TE when we still need 2 or 3 starting O-linemen??? Sure wish Hickey would've signed more than just Albert and Smith.
    Simply put, free agency isn't over. We could still address RT or guard before the draft...there's a handful of potential starters still available and hopefully we still end up landing one. I do agree though; we really do need two starters on the line (if not addressed in FA) and you aren't going to find year-one starters outside of the top 3 rounds (MOST of the time). Adding ASJ in the first (though appealing) is highly irresponsible IMO...it would mean that we would have zero choice at BPA the next two picks; we would have to go best available tackle and best available guard...period. GREATLY handcuffing us on draft day. I still think that we will at minimum land Clabo (or McKinnie...maybe even both is what I'm hoping) before the draft arrives.
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Last one hit the limit so here we go again.

Since the last thread left in a cliff hanger here's what we all want to know. It's directed towards you Derek, from Addix.

The balls in your court derek....
    He's avoiding the question obviously. My prediction is Derek is in late high school early college and does not work.

vCash
    Damn near every mock have us taking Zack Martin. Either they've stolen our draft board or they're all morons. Anywho I don't want him.

vCash
    All things are pointing to us taking a back in the mid rounds, class is deep so I can see it.

vCash
    I think mocking us Zach Martin is just the easy fill. Really curious as to where we go this draft. I always feel as if this forum puts together a draft board then the fins do the opposite. I loved Jordan last year but I didn't see it coming. I barely scouted Taylor or will Davis. I just think we all scout players that turn out good and don't get why we don't draft them lol.

vCash
    I though Derek worked for Dunder Mifflin in Scranton PA. It does say he's from northeast PA.

Zach Martin does appear to be the concensus pick on majority of mock drafts.

vCash
    I mean really how can we pass on Zack? Look at our line.

I'd love to grab amaro or ebron, would disgust me passing mosley.

But ****, we need Martin pretty bad. Not only does he fill a spot, but that versatility is so incredibly valuable. I wouldn't even mind getting his partner in crime Watt in the 4th round.

vCash
    lol I will be 34 in April so if I was in HS id be like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison. ironically I live life like Billy Madison. I dont work and I aint got no worries. always found the idea of work to be boring and uninteresting

idk what Scott Crichton would play my guess would be a 4-3 end which isnt a need. I dont care that i see him as an end and that it would be a worthless pick because its not a need because he looks really good

since its a new draft forum and it looks like they will get their RB in the draft I will let it be known that Devonta Freeman is the RB I want. probably put him where i have Dozier in the 3rd round. if we can get Freeman, Turner, ASJ, and Kerr I would be very happy.

So something like
    R1 Austin Seferian Jenkins R2 Billy Turner R3 Devonta Freeman R4 OL R5 Zack Kerr R6 OL.

if we are able to trade down in R1 that extra pick can be used to secure Freeman or Turner based on how they feel the board will fall
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 03-19-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    The pick being sent to the Ravens will be a 7th per Beasley on twitter. Been waiting for that news .

So we have 6 picks, rounds 1-6.

vCash
    we knew it was a 7th awhile ago. curious if we get any compensatory picks though
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    oh and since my footwear is a topic I am a Timberland man
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    we knew it was a 7th awhile ago. curious if we get any compensatory picks though
    Actually we only knew it was a late pick, could of been a 6th or 7th. I doubt we get any being we signed 3 high profile FA and lost only two in Long and Bush. ( Dansby and Burnett don't count being they where cut)

vCash
    ive known for awhile that it was a 7th

anyways carry on and lets get Desean i mean nvm
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    We're being linked to CJ2k. It would allow us to focus on the OL and ILB position in the draft

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast