Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sandy 'Reaching out' to teams to trade Duda and Ike

http://metsblog.com/metsblog/mets-st...ms-need-a-1b/#

LOL!!!

Good luck with that Sandy.

For once the Mets' top idiot/shill Matt Cerrone is right.

Umm, at this point, Id argue the Mets need a first baseman, too. I mean, Id take back Carp in a second, given his ability to hit right-handed pitching as a compliment to Josh Satin. The same can be said for Duda, but not if hes hurt and not if hes traded. Man, what a mess By the way, the Astros make a ton of sense for Duda, who projects as a DH down the road.

1:25 pm: The more I think about it, given that Davis must have very little value, Im wondering if this is a sign the team is considering releasing him before the start of the year. Remember, if they do this, theyre only on the hook for $600,000 of his roughly $3.5 million salary.

Let's hope so, because that's $2.9M flushed down the crapper right there.

vCash
    This has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. You could not trade them when Healthy now you want to trade them when they falling apart. You might be able to trade them to the state of NJ for me. And that is even dicey

vCash
    Just roll with Satin at first. Or move Murphy to first put Young Jr at 2nd, and let Lagares start in CF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Labruno View Post
    This has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. You could not trade them when Healthy now you want to trade them when they falling apart. You might be able to trade them to the state of NJ for me. And that is even dicey
    You couldn't make it up. The Mets' are living in a fantasy world. All this nonsense over a 6-7 month period because they simply flat out refused to improve 1B. Now come April, we'll still have no 1B, and we'll still have a logjam of total garbage @ 1B.

The only reason for this omni-shambles @ 1B and SS is MONEY. That's all there is to it. They just won't spend a dime on the team. Clear gaping long-standing holes left unfilled.

This is the team that's going to dominate the NL East for years apparently, yes this team, when all those deals are off by golly and all the prospects develop over the next 5 just you wait!!!

Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 03-18-2014 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    You gotta love the way this jackwagon does 180 spins between bashing his own players and then praising them. Then bashing them again, then praising them. Then trying to trade them, and it fails, so he bashes them again before praising them because he's got no one better on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Labruno
    He's only going to trade Ike him if he gets "fair value" for them. In Sandy's deranged mind, "fair value" for Ike has probably increased to Mike Trout.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    It sucks that they're both injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    It sucks that they're both injured.
    No-one wants them anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No-one wants them anyway.
    Someone surely does.

But we need to keep one because they are better than some of the "upgrades" people want us to make.

vCash
    You gotta love the way this jackwagon does 180 spins between bashing his own players and then praising them. Then bashing them again, then praising them. Then trying to trade them, and it fails, so he bashes them again before praising them because he's got no one better on the roster.

He's all over the place, always has been.

This is Alderson trying to make it look like he's doing something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Someone surely does.

But we need to keep one because they are better than some of the "upgrades" people want us to make.

Only the Mets' want them. Or don't, depending on which way Alderson is spinning today.

vCash
    Let's hope so, because that's $2.9M flushed down the crapper right there.
    I think this may be the move at this point.

I was opposed to it in the offseason, really thought it was worth giving Ike one more chance and seeing how things looked this spring. But maybe it's been just bad luck, but he hasn't had the opportunity to show anything, and the clock is running out. And I think Eric Campbell, who is the same age as Ike, looks nearly as good (though less power obviously).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think this may be the move at this point.

I was opposed to it in the offseason, really thought it was worth giving Ike one more chance and seeing how things looked this spring. But maybe it's been just bad luck, but he hasn't had the opportunity to show anything, and the clock is running out. And I think Eric Campbell, who is the same age as Ike, looks nearly as good (though less power obviously).
    Oh come on..

vCash
    You couldn't make it up. The Mets' are living in a fantasy world. All this nonsense over a 6-7 month period because they simply flat out refused to improve 1B. Now come April, we'll still have no 1B, and we'll still have a logjam of total garbage @ 1B.

The only reason for this omni-shambles @ 1B and SS is MONEY. That's all there is to it. They just won't spend a dime on the team. Clear gaping long-standing holes left unfilled.

This is the team that's going to dominate the NL East for years apparently, yes this team, when all those deals are off by golly and all the prospects develop over the next 5 just you wait!!!

MONEY

Here's your options:

Lance Berkman *
    Jason Giambi
    Travis Hafner
    Todd Helton
    Eric Hinske
    Paul Konerko
    Casey Kotchman
    Adam Lind *
    James Loney
    Kendrys Morales
    Justin Morneau
    Mike Morse
    Mike Napoli
    Lyle Overbay
    Carlos Pena
    Mark Reynolds
    Juan Rivera
    Kevin Youkilis

Konerko, Lind, Loney, and Napoli all re signed. Morse got 6M after hitting .215 with a -1.8 WAR.
    Reynolds is on a MiL contract and hitting .156/.298/.188 this ST.

Davis hit .269/.435/.446 after he returned from Vegas. Other than bringing him back who should Alderson signed.
    Last edited by yogib8; 03-18-2014 at 03:54 PM.

vCash
    That's his problem. The Mets' have not had a real 1B since Carlos Delgado.

vCash
    Helton is retired.
    Berkman is retired.

Ninety percent Ill spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Ill probably waste.
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast