Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    23,606
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    Ok. time to vent... I hate him so damn much.. He is such a selfish prick. All he cares about is breaking the Phillies records and his bad attitude is killing this team.
    Pretty sure that age, injuries, decline, lack of depth, and just plain not being very good are what's "killing this team," but okay. Let's put the blame on J-Roll's attitude, which has basically always been the same.

    http://www.thegoodphight.com/2014/3/...se-stop-it-now

    http://www.thegoodphight.com/2014/3/...ed-like-a-jerk

    This front office sucks. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team right now.
    Last edited by TheRuckus; 03-19-2014 at 07:08 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    This front office sucks. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team right now.
    Yet people still defend that idiot Amaro. "What was Ruben supposed to do?"....I've heard that ridiculous question from Amaro apologist's after every off-season for years now. Run that smug, ignorant knucklehead out of town already Philly.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    anyone else think its a ruse by Sandburg, to motivate Rollins or am i over analyzing. despite his age, and seldom laxed play. who is a better replacement? i mean unless you get something valuable for a 35 yr old, 1yr fix i dont think i agree with trading him.

    to reiterate.. it just seems like a power struggle. i wouldnt put it past Sandburg to push the trade rumor on Rollins.
    That's exactly what this is. Sandberg is asserting his authority with another strong personality in a game that doesn't count. The idea is to keep the in-season issues to a minimum. I think we might be in old dog/new tricks territory with Rollins, but it seems like a fine idea.

    He's not going anywhere anytime soon unless it's the DL.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

    Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajecco View Post
    Yet people still defend that idiot Amaro. "What was Ruben supposed to do?"....I've heard that ridiculous question from Amaro apologist's after every off-season for years now. Run that smug, ignorant knucklehead out of town already Philly.
    Don't think there are more apologists anymore.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,545
    Here's the thing about that, when we analyze his decisions individually, a lot of them are perfectly rational - at least based on the information available to us. The issue is in the macro-analysis. Ruben has been perfectly effective at making individual moves but there's none of the creativity or ingenuity necessary to excel. Even the much loathed Howard deal has points in it's favor - he predicted normal market behavior two+ years before it became popular. He just picked the wrong player.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

    Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    310
    Was thinking the same thing that Sandberg is calling him out. No more treating average players with special treatment because of something they did for us in the past. They were well compensated for everything they did for this team. We think hes lost it, Sandberg obviously thinks the same, the media is calling him out, so let Rollins prove us wrong in front of the world. I hope he does. If not he will fade away like many before him.

  7. #22
    sexicano31 Guest
    He's lost it because he doesn't want to waive his 10/5 rights? The rights he earned? Ok

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,958
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    He's lost it because he doesn't want to waive his 10/5 rights? The rights he earned? Ok
    He's lost it as a good player hence him calling Jimmy an average player. Reading comprehension, sexi!!

  9. #24
    sexicano31 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He's lost it as a good player hence him calling Jimmy an average player. Reading comprehension, sexi!!
    Not a skill I'm familiar with

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    23,606
    wut am werds reed on psd

    sabbermatiks

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    962
    Rollins gives me douche chills. I can't help but think that things are going to get ugly for him. Maybe another ankle injury. Maybe Ryno flat out benches him. Maybe they buy him out. I just don't see Jimmy getting his way.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A Phillies Phan in Ocean Twp & BKLYN
    Posts
    6,576
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    anyone else think its a ruse by Sandburg, to motivate Rollins or am i over analyzing. despite his age, and seldom laxed play. who is a better replacement? i mean unless you get something valuable for a 35 yr old, 1yr fix i dont think i agree with trading him.

    to reiterate.. it just seems like a power struggle. i wouldnt put it past Sandburg to push the trade rumor on Rollins.
    From an outsider's point of view, the relationship between Rollins & Sandberg seems very similar to that of Rolen & Bowa. It's a hard nose manager expecting more from a veteran who has been with the team for quite awhile under a laid back manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    538
    Now that his option has vested, does Rollins get serenaded with boos at every PA?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,545
    I don't see why he should. He's a good player on a reasonable contract. Would you rather watch Brignac start?
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

    Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,958
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I don't see why he should. He's a good player on a reasonable contract. Would you rather watch Brignac start?
    Is Rollins 2ish Wins more really going to effect this or next year? I don't care if Kevin Stocker starts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •