• Yes. I'd have made the trade

1 25.00%
  • No. I wouldn't have made the trade

3 75.00%
  • Other

0 0%
    vCash

You're the GM: Zach Lee for Howie Kendrick

Apparently the Dodgers were close to a deal that would have sent Zach Lee to the Angels for 2B Howie Kendrick.

He would have been an immediate upgrade over Mark Ellis for 2013 (Ellis would have then been traded to KC for Luke Hochevar). Kendrick is signed for 2014 and 2015 for about $19 million.

Would you have made that deal (just consider Lee for Kendrick. DO NOT consider Ellis for Hochevar) at last season's trade deadline?

vCash
    I probably would've considered it even more during this offseason, considering we had a competent 2B forsure in MEllis already last deadline, where as this year I think we'll be fine at 2B, but obviously their is more question marks. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't have trade ZLee for Kendrick at any point this season or last.
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Nah, Kendrick isn't all that so no he isn't worth a Zach Lee. I'd rather go after B. Phillips, at least he hits HR's and gets RBI's

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Last season maybe, Kendrick was having a really good year, hell this season kind of maybe. This team has become very deep in pitching prospects, we can afford to deal Lee if the trade is right.

vCash
    I think Lee will be more valuable to us than people think here this season. We will see but injuries always changes things as we well know. I think management was smart not to deal him. He seems like he has worked through some of his mechanical deficiencies and it showed in his spring starts. Never a bad thing to have to much pitching ML level or minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Last season maybe, Kendrick was having a really good year, hell this season kind of maybe. This team has become very deep in pitching prospects, we can afford to deal Lee if the trade is right.
    I would usually agree with you...until LAST YEAR! Jeepers we went from riches to rags in the pitching department in a HURRRRRRRY. I dont know any more. I think we keep the pitching depth until the trade deadline...if we're healthy that deep into the season, then consider a good move that might push us over the line for a Championship. But I'm glad they haven't done anything with Lee yet...and hopefully they wait a good while to hedge our pitching bets.
    Fernando Valenzuela, Troy Aikman & THE Earvin "Magic" Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoMania View Post
    I would usually agree with you...until LAST YEAR! Jeepers we went from riches to rags in the pitching department in a HURRRRRRRY. I dont know any more. I think we keep the pitching depth until the trade deadline...if we're healthy that deep into the season, then consider a good move that might push us over the line for a Championship. But I'm glad they haven't done anything with Lee yet...and hopefully they wait a good while to hedge our pitching bets.
    Hoooooray I have a fan club.

This is pretty true, and maybe giving up our pitching depth this early isn't wise, specifically when so many of our starters are close to free agency; Haren, Beckett, Billingsly, Grienke(opt out after 2015) though who knows, maybe a mid season trade for idk, Matt Wieters would justify the trading of some of the depth.

vCash
    Nope