Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do we want to take on Jared Allen?

Im curious if this might immediately make our Dline relevant again no matter who we put next to him. Sean Lee is the type that does that to our LB corp, maybe more so than DWare ever did.

We all know Jared Allen brings leadership and passion with him and can flat out pressure the QB. Thoughts?

vCash
    That's why I want him...leadership and passion,.haven't had that in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ups&Downs View Post
    Im curious if this might immediately make our Dline relevant again no matter who we put next to him. Sean Lee is the type that does that to our LB corp, maybe more so than DWare ever did.

We all know Jared Allen brings leadership and passion with him and can flat out pressure the QB. Thoughts?

I think JA is a far better DE in a 4-3 then Ware was. I know he was injured but the comparison is not even close. So signing Allen to a 2 year deal, in my opinion would be a great move even if its close to the money Ware got. Plus he seems like a vocal leader and has the experience this defense desperately needs. And if they have any intentions of Drafting a DE with a first round pick I bet Allen is a great guy to help groom a young Pass Rusher. Same goes for Crawford regarding that too. Not much downside that i can see besides the cap.

vCash
    We all know how much pressure on the QB affects pass coverage and vice versa, these are by far our weakest units on the entire team. We missed out on getting the top safeties early but we can still make an impact in both units by getting a guy like this.
    DWare would have been that guy but he became unproductive for whatever reason ive forgotten already as he doesnt play for my team anymore. Funny how that works, guess sports fans learn how to have short term memory. And on to the next one.
    I honestly have high hopes for next year as I do every offseason, why think otherwise?

vCash
    He would be a nice veteran addition. He will likely get more money elsewhere though. He is getting older and it might be better to look to the draft for our defensive ends. Unless it's a 1 or 2 year deal I don't think I'll like it.

vCash
    I think before we all sell Ware short, he only played 1 year in the 4-3 and was hurt and coming off of surgery. We are only bringing in Allen to see if we can get him cheap in case we can't get Melton signed. The other end is that Allen is only there to gauge his worth on the open market. Lets face it, does he play in Dallas for 7-8 mil. or Seattle for the same or slightly less? That one's a no brainer.

As far as passion is concerned, Ware played with passion, but Ware and passion alone does not win games. You need help along the line. Allen most certainly cannot do it himself. He had help in Minnesota with both Williams in the middle and a complement on the right side in Edwards and he didn't bring them any success. What makes anybody think a 32 yr. old shadow of himself is going to turn around this line?

vCash
    We need to wake up here, we're looking for lightning in a bottle and we're not going to find it. Let's think a little and be realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ups&Downs View Post

I think JA is a far better DE in a 4-3 then Ware was. I know he was injured but the comparison is not even close. So signing Allen to a 2 year deal, in my opinion would be a great move even if its close to the money Ware got. Plus he seems like a vocal leader and has the experience this defense desperately needs. And if they have any intentions of Drafting a DE with a first round pick I bet Allen is a great guy to help groom a young Pass Rusher. Same goes for Crawford regarding that too. Not much downside that i can see besides the cap.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The manster View Post
    I think before we all sell Ware short, he only played 1 year in the 4-3 and was hurt and coming off of surgery. We are only bringing in Allen to see if we can get him cheap in case we can't get Melton signed. The other end is that Allen is only there to gauge his worth on the open market. Lets face it, does he play in Dallas for 7-8 mil. or Seattle for the same or slightly less? That one's a no brainer.

As far as passion is concerned, Ware played with passion, but Ware and passion alone does not win games. You need help along the line. Allen most certainly cannot do it himself. He had help in Minnesota with both Williams in the middle and a complement on the right side in Edwards and he didn't bring them any success. What makes anybody think a 32 yr. old shadow of himself is going to turn around this line?

Yes he only played one year in the 4-3 but his speed was clearly negated lining up so close to the LT. You make some good points about JA having a lot of help with the Vikes. They had a amazing D Line. But I think he can give a team like Dallas 7-10 sacks and a lot of hurries. Not sure what that is worth to Jerry Jones though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yes he only played one year in the 4-3 but his speed was clearly negated lining up so close to the LT. You make some good points about JA having a lot of help with the Vikes. They had a amazing D Line. But I think he can give a team like Dallas 7-10 sacks and a lot of hurries. Not sure what that is worth to Jerry Jones though.
    I understand what your saying, but why would we want this guy when we've finally broke free of some of the bigger contracts we had and have become younger on defense. He would only be a rental for a year or 2 if it even happened. I would much rather someone like Melton who is only 27 and could possibly have 6-7 good years in him.

vCash
    We need to wake up here, we're looking for lightning in a bottle and we're not going to find it. Let's think a little and be realistic.
    probably right but we have to put someone out there or else we are in big trouble, just as well go with an experienced guy

vCash
    heck yea we should bring him in and sign him ASAP. 1. we have 0 starting quality DE's and he brings the aggressive leadership that Ware lacked and he will this soft team alot tougher. With him on the defense maybe we stopped getting bullied on the field
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I understand what your saying, but why would we want this guy when we've finally broke free of some of the bigger contracts we had and have become younger on defense. He would only be a rental for a year or 2 if it even happened. I would much rather someone like Melton who is only 27 and could possibly have 6-7 good years in him.
    I would rather have Melton as well, without a doubt. But when I look at this line i can't help but think if they want to compete for a Superbowl they need both guys and help from a couple draft picks. Theres actually no position on the D Line that is set in stone. Unless they sign a Vet FA , when they start training camp every position will have to be evaluated and addressed accordingly. That could be a good thing I guess but its a little scary. I have no idea who the two lineman they added are but I hope they were added for depth. It would be great if they could sign JA to a 1 year deal like NE did with Revis . The only thing I can't help thinking about is will they give him more money then Hatcher would have took here.

vCash
    Well it looks like Melton left without a contract according to twitter he is in St Louis for a visit today, so I hope they get something done with Allen or the line will be in a lot of trouble next year.

vCash

Do we want to take on Jared Allen?

Well it will get taken care of in due time, either through the draft or threw adding a few lower level FA's for the Dline. We all have wanted Jerrah to get the Cap situation fixed and it looks like they r staying discipline and not over paying anybody no matter how badly we may need them. I give props to them for that. It's just going to take some time to get it right.
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast