Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Mack

vCash

Alex Mack

Why wouldn't the Raiders consider signing Alex Mack to a huge contract that is front loaded to prevent Browns from matching it? We could offer him 5 years $55 million for example, pay him $18 year 1, $13m year 2, $8m year 3, $8m year 4, $8m year 5. Have years 1&2 be mostly guaranteed so that if we need to change directions for some reason we aren't married to contract for 5 years but if he plays up to his standards we are sitting pretty cap wise years 3-5 on his contract.

We have a ton of flexibility right now, it brings us an All-Pro Center and we can slide Wiz to Guard.

Again just a thought, given our cap space, this seems like a viable way to capture a high caliber player and using the cap to our advantage.

vCash
    I believe that the Browns currently have the most cap room. So it is a safe bet that they will match any offer right now.

vCash
    Maybe Reggie'll wait until the Browns spend most of their FA $$$, and then offer him a sweet, frontloaded deal? Probably not. But one can hope. After 12 LOOOOOONG years, that's all I've got...

vCash
    RM isn't smart enough to bring in an impact player like that

vCash
    I think the front offices views Wiz as great center, but a decent guard. I don't think they regard that move as a real significant upgrade. I'm really hoping I'm wrong.

I personally think Wiz played great as a guard. I think adding a piece like Mack makes our OL better, not because he's the best center in the league, but rather it would give us even more versatility with Wiz at guard. If Wiz goes down, we have fill ins. If Mack goes down, we have a great backup center.

I know Cleveland has money, but if you throw a huge contract at Mack and be creative with it, you can pull him away. I view the center position as the 2-3 most important position on the football field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    I think the front offices views Wiz as great center, but a decent guard. I don't think they regard that move as a real significant upgrade. I'm really hoping I'm wrong.

I personally think Wiz played great as a guard. I think adding a piece like Mack makes our OL better, not because he's the best center in the league, but rather it would give us even more versatility with Wiz at guard. If Wiz goes down, we have fill ins. If Mack goes down, we have a great backup center.

I know Cleveland has money, but if you throw a huge contract at Mack and be creative with it, you can pull him away. I view the center position as the 2-3 most important position on the football field.
    This, couldn't of said it better myself.

Im greedy as hell and I want the Raiders to take it the next step foward and get Mack then draft Lewan after trading back a few times.

Lewan - Wiz - Mack - Barnes/(Maybe Cycil) - Howard

That would be the best line in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Maybe Reggie'll wait until the Browns spend most of their FA $$$, and then offer him a sweet, frontloaded deal? Probably not. But one can hope. After 12 LOOOOOONG years, that's all I've got...
    I think that will be a good strategy move by RM....to wait it out and hope no one signs Mack until the draft (or after the draft) and let browns spend their cap money...then BAM sign him to a nice front-loaded contract.

vCash
    That's an awful lot of money to spend on a center.

Reggie wouldn't pay his own LT 'elite' money - anyone really think he'll splurge for another team's center...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaJAxTWa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post

This, couldn't of said it better myself.

Im greedy as hell and I want the Raiders to take it the next step foward and get Mack then draft Lewan after trading back a few times.

Lewan - Wiz - Mack - Barnes/(Maybe Cycil) - Howard

That would be the best line in the league.
    With that extra 2nd rounder we'd pick up by trading down we could easily nab Yankey/Su'afilo who are rated higher than Cyril. I'm totally on board with you two on this strategy though

vCash
    I would never pay a center more than 6.5 million a year.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I don't see this as a move Reggie would make. Not when Wiz is handling the position, & not when you can grab a guard or the top guard even in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds of a draft. I think a better move would be drafting a guard that fits in your system.

Why spend the cash when Wiz is doing fine there ? Use the money elsewhere or at multiple positions and create better depth on your team.

vCash
    It seems to me that the raiders may not have an interest in moving wisnewski so the idea of bringing in mack isnt on the top priority list or the list at all. IF anything we should continue to build this defense...load them up with players, go offense in the draft!

vCash
    Cause Reggie's being a butt.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I would never pay a center more than 6.5 million a year.
    You wouldn't have to year 3,4 or 5. Front load the contract significantly to have the best center in the league for the next 5 years.

I know fans agree that paying a center $12+ Million is excessive, but we can't carry the money over to next year. So you offer a contract where the heaviest hit is year one and then it's more manageable thought it's entirety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    I don't see this as a move Reggie would make. Not when Wiz is handling the position, & not when you can grab a guard or the top guard even in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds of a draft. I think a better move would be drafting a guard that fits in your system.

Why spend the cash when Wiz is doing fine there ? Use the money elsewhere or at multiple positions and create better depth on your team.
    Doing fine there? He's average as a center. Gets blown back by powerful DTs in passing downs. Doesn't open holes in the running game, where he just barely holds his own. If we got Mack, there would be GAPING holes to run through. Our QB would not have to worry about a rush right up the middle. Mack could even make DMac look like a legit runner!

I'm a huge proponent of a strong center. Every good team the Raiders have ever had, there was an elite center in play. IMO, an elite center is even more important than an elite LT.

That said, I think the argument that Reggie won't spend that kind of jack is a valid one. However, IMO he should make an exception for Mack.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast