Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Irsay Arrested for DUI

I'm on my phone so I can't post the story. Hopefully, the link works.

http://wishtv.com/2014/03/17/jim-irs...ana+Headlines)

vCash
    I'm not surprised at all. I've said for some time that I thought that Irsay was back on the pills. The way he's been acting in public and on Twitter has always led me to believe that something was up.

Irsay is going to be the reason players run away from Indianapolis. It hasn't been an issue yet, but prime examples are Dallas, Oakland, and Washington. I don't want this team being linked to them bc our owner can't control himself.
    Last edited by cardinals1226; 03-17-2014 at 08:14 AM.

vCash
    At least he wasn't swimming around naked. This is an upgrade for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    At least he wasn't swimming around naked. This is an upgrade for the team.
    I don't see how a DUI is better than a PI, when McAfee was not endangering anyone. Plus, there's a huge difference between a player getting arrested with no prior arrests and one with multiple priors as an owner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    I don't see how a DUI is better than a PI, when McAfee was not endangering anyone. Plus, there's a huge difference between a player getting arrested with no prior arrests and one with multiple priors as an owner.
    My only question is why doesn't he have a driver?

vCash
    Better question, why is he out in public drunk and high when he's gotten arrested for it multiple times.

vCash
    WTHR: "Multiple prescription drugs" found in Irsay's vehicle, police say.

vCash
    Meh.

vCash
    This really has nothing to do with anything but Irsay. We all knew he had issues and as long as the NFL doesn't sanction the team in some form for Irsay's actions I really don't see it as a big deal as far as the Colts go. They can fine him or do whatever they want, but as he isn't a player that has to abide by player rules. Same thing if Irsay wanted to take Adderal and Steroids at the same time it wouldn't matter one bit...they can't really suspend him and have it do anything other than maybe keep him out of the stadium for a game or two, so unless they sanction the team and take away picks or do something I highly doubt they do, all it will amount to being for the Colts is bad PR and make Irsay a punchline on the radio for a while again. It will hurt his pocketbook most likely, but doubt it will hurt the team much if at all other than some bad comments and people crying about them cutting someone in the future for the same thing.

At worst I believe he has in place procedures to hand the team over to his daughters...I'm sure if they do end up sanctioning the Colts at least until he gets "help" he will give the team to them and it will be business as usual.

Now don't get what I said mixed up or twist it....I said only in the scheme of things related to football an owner getting a DUI isn't a big deal. I'm not here to talk about or debate the real life implications of driving while intoxicated.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 03-17-2014 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    Better question, why is he out in public drunk and high when he's gotten arrested for it multiple times.
    I'm thinking he probably wasn't drunk. Intoxication was most likely pills and not alcohol....also why we haven't (at least I haven't) seen a reported BAC since they always love to toss those numbers around on the news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I'm thinking he probably wasn't drunk. Intoxication was most likely pills and not alcohol....also why we haven't (at least I haven't) seen a reported BAC since they always love to toss those numbers around on the news.
    You are right. It's being reported that Irsay didn't have alcohol in his system. He was high on prescription pills.

vCash
    You are right. It's being reported that Irsay didn't have alcohol in his system. He was high on prescription pills.
    Yea that explains why they didn't charge him right away...and he was "facing charges" not "charged with." They couldn't just slap a breathalizer number onto his charges.

I've only browsed the reports, but have they stated if the pills he was in possession of were prescribed to him? I think that will be the difference between getting off on a technicality of something like saying he had a bad reaction or him getting into real trouble.

vCash
    Yea that explains why they didn't charge him right away...and he was "facing charges" not "charged with." They couldn't just slap a breathalizer number onto his charges.

I've only browsed the reports, but have they stated if the pills he was in possession of were prescribed to him? I think that will be the difference between getting off on a technicality of something like saying he had a bad reaction or him getting into real trouble.
    Everything I have read and heard stated it was prescription pills. The reports have been very vague. I'd be willing to bet that this arrest is very similar to the last one. A pharmacist filling multiple prescriptions for the same drug. The pre-Manning arrest involved a doctor writing double and triple doses for Irsay multiple times a week over several months. I think that's the case again. People will lose their licenses and "Wal-Greens" investigated.

vCash
    Everything I have read and heard stated it was prescription pills. The reports have been very vague. I'd be willing to bet that this arrest is very similar to the last one. A pharmacist filling multiple prescriptions for the same drug. The pre-Manning arrest involved a doctor writing double and triple doses for Irsay multiple times a week over several months. I think that's the case again. People will lose their licenses and "Wal-Greens" investigated.
    Sounds about right. Irsay may go to rehab or something like that (could see it being forced or on his own free will), but I'm guessing he gets little to nothing out of this legally. If he were buying them on the street then there would probably be something happening to him...but I'm thinking he will be seen (legally) as the victim since these doctors and even pharmacists gave him access to the pills knowing his past....and past addicts are generally seen as having no willpower if they are given access.

vCash
    Sounds about right. Irsay may go to rehab or something like that (could see it being forced or on his own free will), but I'm guessing he gets little to nothing out of this legally. If he were buying them on the street then there would probably be something happening to him...but I'm thinking he will be seen (legally) as the victim since these doctors and even pharmacists gave him access to the pills knowing his past....and past addicts are generally seen as having no willpower if they are given access.
    That's exactly what happened the first time. The doctor that was writing the prescriptions was disbarred and lost his license. The pharmacists filling the prescriptions did, as well. And the Wal-Green's Irsay was buying at lost their ability to sell certain drugs and narcotics. Irsay walked away unscathed while the doctors had their careers ruined.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast