Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

So what was the point of starting Oden today?

I watch heat games when they are tnt or abc but don't follow them really closely. I always liked Greg Oden and I am rooting for him. It has been really hard to get a read on him since he doesn't get much playing time and seems to be out of rhythm. However I found it interesting he started today. I know he started one game before but that was because of an injury but all regular starters were healthy today.

So what was the point of starting Oden today? Do they plan on starting him more or was this a one off thing? How much do you envisioning him playing in the playoffs? How did he look today (didn't see the game)?

vCash
    i think its to try something new. we've been on a little skid, and if Oden can show that he can be effective starting and playing 20 min, I think that could be an option vs Indy. Also, the more reps vs guys like Dwight the better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    i think its to try something new. we've been on a little skid, and if Oden can show that he can be effective starting and playing 20 min, I think that could be an option vs Indy. Also, the more reps vs guys like Dwight the better
    Yeah just to test him and get him use to the bigs. I doubt he starts in the playoffs against Indy, but he might.

vCash
    It would allow Miami to play proper positions for 35 minutes when Oden and Anderson play center, and Bosh plays PF. Miami can play the small ball for the remaining 13 minutes and see if they can blow open the game.

Battier can pretty much come in at any time. Cole and Lewis will soon some minutes but that's ok.

Oden's impact on the game was pretty obvious. Even if he doesn't jump or move quickly, he can still grab some rebounds easily, and prevent penetration just because of his size. There was a sequence of events when Howard didn't go for a rebound because Oden was in front of him. Had it been Bosh, Howard would have tried to steal the ball from over Bosh's head.

It's time to let players play their natural positions and excel.

vCash
    the more oden plays the better, test the water and let him get some chemistry

vCash
    looks like its going to be a common theme at least for now

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,2172046.story

spo says bosh extending his range to outside the arc allows them to maintain very good spacing and not over clog the lane for lebron and wade. and that he waiting for oden to be in good enough shape to take on the role. still probably won't play back to backs or big minutes but i like it, we gotta find out now if lineups with him are going to work and get him some run for the playoffs.