Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Melton, Allen, and Weeden expected to visit Cowboys Monday

According to Rotoworld, ESPN, and the Ft. Worth Star Telegram Dallas will be hosting three free agent visitors on Monday at Valley Ranch - Henry Melton, Jared Allen, and Brandon Weeden.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
    I know I would feel a heck of alot better about the D-Line if they are able to sign at least Melton. Adding Allen would be a bonus and a good rotational fit if they can get him on a 1 or 2 year deal for a decent price. Outside of maybe Ayers and Spencer there really arent many starting quality D-lineman left in free agency so Dallas better not let these two guys leave without contracts. A starting line of Selvie, Hayden, McClain, and Crawford is not going to scare anyone and the thought honestly makes me nauseous.

vCash
    There's no way we sign Allen and Melton. I could see us signing Melton, since he is only 27 but Allen is 32 just like Ware. We didn't pay Ware and we're not going to pay Allen. Weeden hopefully gets lost on the way because he's a 30 yr. old with no talent and very little experience. You know your not good when Cleveland doesn't want you.

vCash
    Weedens only being brought in because orton has threatened to retire and weeden could take some of the Ota snaps so that romo doesn't have to. Allen's gonna want peppers/ware money. And he deserves it since he's been more consistent than both of them. I hope Allen and Melton may give Dallas a hometown discount but I wouldn't be surprised if dallas didn't land either one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816:28164915
    Weedens only being brought in because orton has threatened to retire and weeden could take some of the Ota snaps so that romo doesn't have to. Allen's gonna want peppers/ware money. And he deserves it since he's been more consistent than both of them. I hope Allen and Melton may give Dallas a hometown discount but I wouldn't be surprised if dallas didn't land either one.

Makes sense on Weeden. was curious about that.
    Allen - 5% chance he signs and thats probably too high of a percentage.

Melton - hope we really do sign him and build the line around him
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 20 H-30 HR-9 RBI-25 BB-19SO-27AVG-.259 OBP-.377 SLG-.509

vCash
    wouldn't mind bringing in Allen and Melton, but Weeden can go else where
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    A Christmas ****ing miracle if we land both on cheap deals...take the hometown discount! No tax in Texas!

vCash
    I don't see Melton or Allen signing....I think Jerry will lowball them and insult them to the point they take discounts elsewhere...Jerry made a huge mistake wasting money on guys who are strictly rotational...that chewed money for true playmakers..
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Jerry is pretty creative when it comes to the cap, so it wouldn't surprise me if they sign Allen and Melton. Only thing is, we will be paying for it in the next couple of seasons. I think there was more to Wares surgeries than we know and maybe he was afraid of a situation like Ratliff. I my opinion, I think I would sooner invest in Allen and draft a DT because Melton is coming off a major injury.

vCash
    ^^^^ I don't think Jerry has ever lowballed anyone in his GM career haha. That's why we never have any cap space to work with in free agency. He always pays the guys he signs waaaayyyyy too much money. I think he might be willing to give Allen the same money Ware got just because Allen hasn't missed a game in the last 6 or 7 years. Of course Ware hadn't missed a game in his career up until this season, but Allen doesn't seem to battle the injuries that Ware does through out the season. Like stated above, Melton is someone we should build our line around for the future. I've wanted Melton since day one so this meeting has me fired up

vCash
    If Allen and Melton both sign with the cowboys, who gets to wear the number 69 being they both wore it.

vCash
    Allen gets 69, Melton gets 69 1/2

titties

vCash
    they both chose the door and left...only weeden stayed (so far)

vCash
    I dont think neither are signing..........BUT............id be down to give the Eagles that 3rd rounder they want for Jackson!!!! Bryant, Jackson, Williams......we might possibly be able to outscore anyone, which is what we would need to do. We need to average 35 a game lol so lets just go all in on offense. A 3rd for Jackson is a BARGAIN

vCash

Melton, Allen, and Weeden expected to visit Cowboys Monday

I'm not going to lie if all the eagles want is a 3rd for Jackson, I would do it in a heart beat. I know that he has a attitude but I think that it would be a coup for the cowboys. We could literally have a unstoppable offense. I know that we need all the defensive help we could get, but with us getting Melton now, we could trade back in the 1st and pick up a couple of extra picks, which would compensate for us giving up a 3rd.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    We all know the Eagles would never trade Jackson to us but even if they would, we couldn't afford to pick up his contract.