Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Per Schefter: Raiders aquire Schaub for a late '14 pick

HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) The Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders have been in serious talks about a trade involving Matt Schaub heading to Oakland, a source has told SportsRadio 610.

SportsRadio 610 learned that the Texans are trying to make the deal and eventually want a quarterback that can step in an play right away in 2014, whether that is in the draft or in a trade.

The Texans are looking to ship out Matt Schaub and his $10.5 million in salary cap cost to the Raiders, who have $59.9 million in cap space, and free up more cap room for their own ability to grab someone else in free agency or via trade.

There is no word on who or what the Texans would be receiving back from Oakland or if any other players would leave the Texans.

The Texans are one of two teams that have yet to sign a free agent. The Rams are the other.

The Raiders and Texans will meet up in Oakland this year.

vCash
    Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 1m

@RaidersBeat If the Raiders trade for Schaub, they should be fine with his $11M '14 salary. They wanted Carson Palmer at $10M in '13.

vCash
    They want a QB right away from the draft, with our 1st pick for Schaub? Hell no

vCash
    Eeesh, 2 yrs ago, I would have been excited about this. However, Now that Schaub has had some injury issues, And after the season he had last year...He may be gun shy.

vCash
    Think they are saying they want to dump Schaub an is contract on us - and in return they have the money to sign a guy like Vick or whomever is left in FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 1m

@RaidersBeat If the Raiders trade for Schaub, they should be fine with his $11M '14 salary. They wanted Carson Palmer at $10M in '13.
    Schaub is nowhere near Palmer's level though.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've heard. Why would we give the Texans anything of value to take Schaub's contract off their hands.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    It'll be for our 6th at most. I see us giving a 7th. If we give up a 6th we'll get schuab and a 7th

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I am not overly fond of Schaub, I do believe he is the best QB on the market currently though. His contract sucks, but we have the room. Not sure how his contract would play out. For a late round draft pick its not a bad value, he is a serviceable QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I am not overly fond of Schaub, I do believe he is the best QB on the market currently though. His contract sucks, but we have the room. Not sure how his contract would play out. For a late round draft pick its not a bad value, he is a serviceable QB
    Like I said in the other thread.... what was the point of trading Palmer again? We essentially went full circle trading one overpriced QB for a 7th then waiting a season behind a bunch of crap at QB to trade the same thing we got for Palmer to Houston for Schaub who has an equally bad contract and isn't as good. How does that make any sense at all?

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    The cost of the trade should be negligible. His release is seemingly inevitable though, causing me to believe the Raiders prefer him considerably to the other options and do not want to run the risk of having to compete for him on an open market.

In the end, none if the QBs available, or believed to be so, are going to excite. As far as stopgap, mentor types, Shaub could suffice. The reasoning and intent of the veteran acquisition must be put into perspective and judged accordingly. I assume the pick relinquished be very late and possibly conditional. Not many teams are in position to absorb Shaub's salary.We do have two sevenths and Houston's leverage is similar to ours when trading Palmer. It's difficult to pass judgment without details.

vCash
    I would love this trade. I have always been a fan of Matt Schaub. Yes he had a down year last year but the whole team did. Matt Schaub had a lot of very good years prior to last season. Plus lets be honest. The Raiders have a boat load of cap they have to spend this season and their are not a lot of high priced free agents left to sign. The Raiders can easily absorb his contract with all their current cap space. I would think a 7th round pick this season can get it done or maybe a conditional pick in 2015.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 03-16-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    Tbh ill rather have freeman here on a one year deal than schuab. However, I'll take schaub if it means we don't get anywhere near sanchez.

Ideally freeman on a one year deal(no gurantees, has no choice to accept, no one else wants him) vs. mcgloin vs. 3rd-4th round rookie (again, assuming bridgewater isn't there. Which he won't be).

This way if freeman doesn't run away with the job and the rookie shows signs we can cut freeman at the end of camp and roll with mcgloin and the rookie.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Raiders can still meet the cap floor

Mack ( front load up to 12 million for this year)
    DRC
    Clemons(safety)
    Donald Penn
    James Jones

Call it a free agency. With that ending raiders have added 9 starters this free agency. 10 if you count a nickle corner as a starter. First round go Mack. 2nd round get your 1 tech. 3rd round get Gabe Jackson. 4th round get fales, Murray, mettenberger, McCarron.

Raiders will be competitive with that

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    The cost of the trade should be negligible. His release is seemingly inevitable though, causing me to believe the Raiders prefer him considerably to the other options and do not want to run the risk of having to compete for him on an open market.

In the end, none if the QBs available, or believed to be so, are going to excite. As far as stopgap, mentor types, Shaub could suffice. The reasoning and intent of the veteran acquisition must be put into perspective and judged accordingly. I assume the pick relinquished be very late and possibly conditional. Not many teams are in position to absorb Shaub's salary.We do have two sevenths and Houston's leverage is similar to ours when trading Palmer. It's difficult to pass judgment without details.
    Wouldn't it be better to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick. He'd be cheaper, is younger, and IMO a little better - and we wouldn't lose a draft pick to do it.

vCash
    I can't see trading for him, especially if they will probably cut him. Maybe a 5th round or later. But I would wait until they cut him. That's just me.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast