Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Calvin Pace re-signs with Jets

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/calvin...with-the-jets/

Calvin Pace re-signs with the Jets

ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
    Follow
    Calvin Pace re-signs with Jets, per league source. Two years, $5 million.

I like the the move, good for depth and brings back a good vet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/calvin...with-the-jets/

Calvin Pace re-signs with the Jets

ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
    Follow
    Calvin Pace re-signs with Jets, per league source. Two years, $5 million.

I like the the move, good for depth and brings back a good vet
    This was a solid move, I honestly don't believe that pass rush from OLB was that big of a need. Pace did a fine job and if Coples can take the next step, it was be a luxury, not a necessity to get someone on the opposite side. We have a great front 7 that can really grow together.

Idzik needs to get his head out of his butt and focus on the secondary. Antonio Allen is pretty good, but they thought so much of him to get Ed Reed last year and put him on the bench. Dawan Landry is filler. Milliner has potential, but there is a glaring hole at the other CB spot.

vCash
    I would have liked to bring in Anthony Spencer, but the money is extremely reasonable here so I can't complain.

vCash
    I don't think CPace will see the 2nd year of the deal, unless it's guaranteed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I don't think CPace will see the 2nd year of the deal, unless it's guaranteed.
    He will if he puts up 8-10 sacks again.

vCash
    Not a huge fan of this to be honest...
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Actually I like it. We can still draft an OLB and ease him into the system. Pace has been solid average, but that's better than terrible.

vCash
    I don't know if Pace will put up the same sack numbers as 2013, but he's excellent at setting the edge and knows the defense. Barnes can spell him in obvious passing situations, and Coples should be better going into the season healthy and with a year of experience at OLB under his belt. Maybe draft a developmental pass rushing OLB and the position is set.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Hey, he doesn't have to start. I see it as more of a depth signing... He was really good for us last year when Barnes went down. As long as he can do his job on certain plays and bring pressure on the edge with Coples it will be fine. Cheap quality depth signings and he can't hurt us. It's good to have vets, and if we draft an OLB in the draft Pace can be a fine mentor. And we can always cut him next year.

We can all agree that Pace hasn't been that flashy in his Jets career, but he has made those sacks when they mattered. He's been a good player and vet for us over the years.

vCash
    Id say you still need to add another vet pass rusher. Its not like these old farts will play every down even if theyre healthy.

Pace was an albatross over our heads for a while but he's finally at a decent cap number.

Still though, hes been the same player for the past 4 years. His jump in sacks is from the 3 Sons being in the backfield every play

vCash
    This move gives the Jets some flexibility at the OLB position. I think the Jets are going to try and upgrade this position through the draft. If that rookie isn't ready or someone gets hurt, Pace can fill in until the other player is ready.

vCash
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...imbley/?p=3378

incredible interview with bart scott explaining the importance of calvin pace within this defensive system. really insightful stuff for those of us who enjoy the Xs and Os of football.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Bart Scott on the importance of Calvin Pace: http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...imbley/?p=3378

Great read
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...imbley/?p=3378

incredible interview with bart scott explaining the importance of calvin pace within this defensive system. really insightful stuff for those of us who enjoy the Xs and Os of football.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Bart Scott on the importance of Calvin Pace: http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/chr...imbley/?p=3378

Great read
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Haha, nice.

Anyway, Pace was asked to play a lot more last season because of injuries and he did more than enough. His main strength is still setting the edge but it was nice to see him pick up some sacks last year. He will probably be a part time guy going forward. It'll also be nice to get a speed guy like Barnes back.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets