Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

1st Round Mock 3/16

This is my first mock. I didn't bother making any trades because I'm not going to speculate on that.

1) Houston Texans - DE Jadeveon Clowney. I know they need a QB, but I think Clowney is the best player in the draft and he also happens to fill a big need as well as a pass-rusher on the edge for the Texans.

2) St. Louis Rams - WR Sammy Watkins. Even though they went with Tavon Austin last year, they could really use a #1 on the outside to help out Sam Bradford. Watkins fits the bill.

3) Jacksonville Jaguars - QB Teddy Bridgewater. The best QB in the draft imo, and he could potentially turn things around in Jacksonville.

4) Cleveland Browns - QB Blake Bortles. The best available QB, and he could be dangerous to pair up with Josh Gordon.

5) Oakland Raiders - OT Greg Robinson. They could still really use a QB, but with Bortles and Bridgewater off the board, they decide to go with Robinson who is a beast and fills a big hole at LT.

6) Atlanta Falcons - OLB Khalil Mack. Falcons get the edge rusher they need from the linebacker position. Mack would be a nice get at this spot.

7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Jake Matthews. Bucs arguably get the best LT in the draft and he will help them out tremendously.

8) Minnesota Vikings - QB Johnny Manziel. Vikings need to upgrade the QB position hands down and Manziel gives them a playmaker who could potentially turn things around.

9) Buffalo Bills - WR Mike Evans. There might be other priorities on their list, but pairing Mike Evans with Stevie Johnson gives EJ Manuel legit targets to throw to.

10) Detroit Lions - CB Justin Gilbert. The Lions fill a need by snagging an extremely athletic CB with good size and play-making ability.

11) Tennessee Titans - OLB Anthony Barr. Titans could probably use a corner with Verner gone, but they also need a pass-rushing OLB, and Barr fits perfectly.

12) New York Giants - TE Eric Ebron. The Giants also have a need at cornerback, but they addressed some issues on their line and they could use a potential match-up nightmare at TE with Ebron in the passing game.

13) St. Louis Rams - OT Taylor Lewan. The Rams pass on Robinson/Matthews with #2, but still get a high quality OT in Lewan. Can't go wrong there.

14) Chicago Bears - S Calvin Pryor. Bears need a safety and Pryor is a force in the box.

15) Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Darqueze Dennard. Steelers desperately need some youth on the corners and Dennard will help towards fixing that problem. Potential to make an impact from Day 1.

16) Dallas Cowboys - DT Aaron Donald. Cowboys could use safety help, but they need to solidify their line. Donald had an excellent combine showing off his athleticism and strength.

17) Baltimore Ravens - ILB CJ Mosley. I think this is the best fit for the Ravens, Mosley is a great talent and he could potentially fill the void left by Ray Lewis.

18) New York Jets - WR Odell Beckham Jr. Even with the addition of Decker, the Jets still need a playmaker on the outside like OBJ, and his arrow has been pointing way up since the season ended.

19) Miami Dolphins - OT/G Zack Martin. They still need to rebuild the line, and Martin's versatility is a bonus.

20) Arizona Cardinals - OLB Dee Ford. Ford gives the Cardinals an explosive pass-rusher on the edge.

21) Green Bay Packers - FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. The Packers re-signed Raji which fills their need on the line, so getting a safety like Clinton-Dix should be a priority in this spot.

22) Philadelphia Eagles - DT/DE Stephon Tuitt. With Clinton-Dix and Pryor gone, the Eagles look for help on the DL. I don't believe the foot is a concern long term, and Tuitt would fill that void for them at multiple positions if need be.

23) Kansas City Chiefs - WR Marqise Lee. The Chiefs need a dynamic WR opposite Boye for Alex Smith, and while Lee's stock has been slipping, he is thought to be a Top 5 WR in this class still.

24) Cincinnati Bengals - DE Kony Ealy. With the loss of Michael Johnson, the Bengals look for Ealy to replace him on the line.

25) San Diego Chargers - CB Jason Verrett. Corner is a pressing need, and they fill it with Verrett who would be a Top 10 pick if he was 2-3 inches taller.

26) Cleveland Browns - WR Kelvin Benjamin. Paring Josh Gordon with Benjamin could be a nightmare for opposing defenses, especially with Bortles throwing the balls instead of Brandon Weeden.

27) New Orleans Saints -CB Kyle Fuller. Another team with a need at the corner position, Fuller is a very polished corner with good size and great cover skills. Showed off some of his athleticism at the combine and he looks like a good pick here.

28) Carolina Panthers - WR Brandin Cooks. Cooks gives Cam Newton a potentially explosive weapon who can move all around the field and make plays.

29) New England Patriots - DT Louis Nix III. The line is a huge area of need with secondary addressed in the FA market, and Nix fills a huge void in the middle of the line left by Wilfork.

30) San Francisco 49ers - CB Bradley Roby. With Rogers and Brown gone, the 49ers need a corner with a lot of upside, and Roby is the best CB available.

31) Denver Broncos - G Xavier Su'a-Filo. The Broncos have done a great job making additions in the FA market to help their pass-rush and secondary, but they need a guy who will help protect Manning, and Su'a-Filo has emerged as the best G in the draft.

32) Seattle Seahawks - TE Jace Amaro. Russell Wilson could use another target in the passing game(especially with Tate gone) and Amaro is arguably the best receiving TE in this class.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 03-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.

vCash
    Personally if Donald is there I see no way the Bears pass on him. And I believe Calvin Pryor is a FS.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBear; 03-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Personally if Donald is there I see no way the Bears pass on him. And I believe Calvin Pryor is a FS.
    I just changed it to safety because he plays like both.

I was debating with myself between Donald and Pryor, and I went with Pryor. Donald would be excellent too.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 03-16-2014 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Give me bortles over geno Smith's clone

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I'll take Khalil mack

vCash
    Amaro is a terrible pick even if we don't sign Finley. No more TEs to seattle please. Oline(Joel Bitonio) or WR

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    I like Robinson

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    Amaro is a terrible pick even if we don't sign Finley. No more TEs to seattle please. Oline(Joel Bitonio) or WR
    Admittedly, I had trouble with that pick because you don't have many holes. I think Amaro is a solid pick though.

I was thinking of a WR first, but I didn't see anyone I liked. Does Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, or Allen Robinson look like a good pick there? I'm not a fan of drafting OL on the right side in the 1st round. Seems like a waste.

vCash
    I think Barr is the favorite to be the Titans pick right now, If it is not him I have to think it would be either Gilbert or Dennard
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    We filled the Ray Lewis hole with Daryl Smith.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Just a heads up on a typo you have Cincinnati Bengals instead of Cleveland Browns for the 26th pick. Overall though as a Browns fan I'd be happy with that 1st round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    We filled the Ray Lewis hole with Daryl Smith.
    He's getting older though and he's alright now. Mosley can be an elite talent.

Who would you prefer in that spot? It's hard to completely grasp every team's needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Just a heads up on a typo you have Cincinnati Bengals instead of Cleveland Browns for the 26th pick. Overall though as a Browns fan I'd be happy with that 1st round.
    Thanks, fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Admittedly, I had trouble with that pick because you don't have many holes. I think Amaro is a solid pick though.

I was thinking of a WR first, but I didn't see anyone I liked. Does Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, or Allen Robinson look like a good pick there? I'm not a fan of drafting OL on the right side in the 1st round. Seems like a waste.
    I can see WR, OL, DL, and pass rusher as possible picks. Kinda hard to narrow it down. Miller took a pay cut and we'll sign Finley with the money saved. That's why I am not a fan of Amaro or any TE.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Great Bears pick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast