Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

and The Truth Shall Set You Free ....

Vic Tafur @VicTafur 26m

@teepardee3 Veldheer wasn't coming back unless it was for top money, and #Raiders didn't view him as elite left tackle. Rip off the band-aid
    Vic Tafur @VicTafur 8m

With both Veldheer and Houston, Reggie McKenzie tried to re-sign them during last season. Knew it was going to be tough once free agency hit
    So, there you have it ...

vCash
    I heard this *** loud and clear without the writing on the wall.

I trust this Reg era and I like some have patiently been watching the improvement and the cleansing of the old regime.

Let's sit back and watch as our beloved Raiders get put back together one piece at a time.

vCash
    If that's true **** em.

vCash
    I liked Veldheer more than Houston and I thought he had the potential to be elite but screw him with the rest of them. Elite tackles know how to block properly when they get to the second level. Houston couldn't finish a sack even if an injured Schaub was on the field. (insert more low blows here)

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    If both were perennial pro bowl players throughout their careers I could see bringing both back for top money.

How many pro bowls combined between the two ?

He was probably wanting Houston back more so than Veldheer....then Houston just went AWOL in the last nine games. No factor whatsoever, mustering seven QB hits but only a pair of sacks and 16 hurries.

You don't give those guys top money. You thank them for their services, show them the door, & pay others who far out weigh that production. Both players we're upgradeable, bottom line.

vCash
    What bothers me is that, even now, the Raiders have enough cap space available to have absorbed both of their contracts, signed every player they tried to, including Saffold... and STILL have $10M+ left.

vCash
    The key here is what Veldheer and Houston wanted which was apparently not to remain with the Raiders.

Time to move on....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    What bothers me is that, even now, the Raiders have enough cap space available to have absorbed both of their contracts, signed every player they tried to, including Saffold... and STILL have $10M+ left.
    Free agency just barely started. Long way to go. Still better options out there if add up production & cost together.

vCash
    Honestly i`m good seeing both of them leave, Veldeer is entering the part of his career where the sideline will be more familiar. Houston has never been part of winning, he also isn`t a difference maker therefore I don`t understand the stink.

Good Riddance now lets sign some football players.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I am starting to wonder if the team actually has those dollars to spend...
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    I think it's more important to spread the money around and create depth all throughout the roster. Giving players top money doesn't always make for a great 'team'. Instead, give two or three players that top money and add depth.

Remember Al's last years ? We struggled mightily with depth, because the lucrative contracts loaned out by Al prohibited you from adding. We can't survive that way again. Not with the injuries that pile up in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    the key here is what veldheer and houston wanted which was apparently not to remain with the raiders.

Time to move on....
    exactly !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    I think it's more important to spread the money around and create depth all throughout the roster. Giving players top money doesn't always make for a great 'team'. Instead, give two or three players that top money and add depth.

Remember Al's last years ? We struggled mightily with depth, because the lucrative contracts loaned out by Al prohibited you from adding. We can't survive that way again. Not with the injuries that pile up in this league.
    I've never seen this much quality depth on a Raiders team, considering we've never really had any previously.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    All of those huge contracts were nothing more than a house of cards built on quick sand. Al was delusional as to the state of the team. He acted as if we were in constant reload mode, never made the attempt to shore up the foundation.

This is a new approach and a new look for us. I doubt that we will see any free agent divas with McKenzie in charge. No splashy moves, just keep chipping away in a controlled fashion.

We had better have a successful draft this year....

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nets/Raiders! View Post
    I've never seen this much quality depth on a Raiders team, considering we've never really had any previously.
    It just keeps getting better & better each year Mckenzie is at the helm.

He knows what he's doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast