Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lost with our plans so far...

So, I notice that Houston doesn't want to sign or re sign any free agents. I mean yea we got one guy ( but one guy doesn't win a ring alone.) but where is the back up? Do you guys think we are going to bring people in solely from the draft? Plus where are we even going in this draft? Like I see all the people chanting Clooney but really how does a guy who has played strictly 4-3 and has tight hips and low lateral speed going to translate to our 3-4? I say if you wanna go defense pick Khalil Mack. I think this guy is going to be a stud. But on all honestly I want us to go with Sammy Watkins, take a dynamic wide out who will no doubt take Dre's spot when he retires and pair him up with his college teammate in Hopkins. Make this offence explosive. Pick up either Macarron or either Grapapollo in the second or maybe get lucky and get one in even the third. why not Fales from San Diego St. He for sure would be there in the third and grab that guy from Wisconsin ( the undersized inside linebacker) then pick in Vince Wilfork in fa and make our team something to be afraid of. I say we start an internet petition to get Sammy Watkins!!! ����

vCash
    I'm not picking mccaron or the other guy in any of he top 5 rounds, they suck

And his team has no direction. I'm not gonna expect anything from them next season, maybe 4 wins. Pretty pathetic franchise.

The idea or rebuilding is nonsense in the nfl today. You should be able to retool an y team if you are competent at running an organization.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I'm not picking mccaron or the other guy in any of he top 5 rounds, they suck

And his team has no direction. I'm not gonna expect anything from them next season, maybe 4 wins. Pretty pathetic franchise.

The idea or rebuilding is nonsense in the nfl today. You should be able to retool an y team if you are competent at running an organization.
    While I do think it's true that you can turn the worst team in the league into a Playoff team in one year, I don't think it's that simple when you don't have a quarterback. And I wouldn't put all my hope in a rookie QB on this class or Josh McCown.

I like what's they've done this offseason so far. You don't know who will be the QB, you don't know how good he will be, you don't know how well Foster will come back. We have completely sucked withOUT Cushing and he's also a question mark. So I'm really fine with them passing up on huge FA names and focus on the draft.

They did re-sign Graham, the most important FA. Letting Mitchell, Mays, Braman, Smith and Tate go were all good decisions in my opinion. And cutting Daniels was the right move too.

And no to drafting a WR.
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 03-18-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    At this point I'd trade down and pick up whatever we can get. Even if its a third and a future second, it puts us in a better position to draft Matthews, Robinson or Mack who I think are the best fits. I think it's pretty obvious we aren't planning on winning next year so whatever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    While I do think it's true that you can turn the worst team in the league into a Playoff team in one year, I don't think it's that simple when you don't have a quarterback. And I wouldn't put all my hope in a rookie QB on this class or Josh McCown.

I like what's they've done this offseason so far. You don't know who will be the QB, you don't know how good he will be, you don't know how well Foster will come back. We have completely sucked with Cushing and he's also a question mark. So I'm really fine with them passing up on huge FA names and focus on the draft.

They did re-sign Graham, the most important FA. Letting Mitchell, Mays, Braman, Smith and Tate go were all good decisions in my opinion. And cutting Daniels was the right move too.

And no to drafting a WR.
    We have sucked with cushing? I think we have sucked without him...

I agree that letting those players go was the right decision but we are not even adding people to our team.m

Anyways I except good things this season, too much talent. Last year was an anomaly I think we will see playoffs again this season.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    We have sucked with cushing? I think we have sucked without him...

I agree that letting those players go was the right decision but we are not even adding people to our team.m

Anyways I except good things this season, too much talent. Last year was an anomaly I think we will see playoffs again this season.
    Obviously I meant without, I think I was going "with Cushing out", but, anyway, I fixed it.

We are not adding anyone because the team is full with question marks. We should fill the most important needs in the draft and then add some guys that get cut after the draft.

I don't expect Playoffs this season, at all. It could happen, but there's too many things we have no idea how it will pan out. New coach, new coordinators, new QB, Foster, O-Line, defense...

vCash
    Not much of anything but we signed Jerrell Powe, NT, from the Chiefs. Played in 12 games in 3 years I believe

vCash
    sitting out the first week of FA makes sense for a cap strapped team. I know we signed a NT to compete for snaps today, but hopefully we are able to have a great draft, because our next couple of years depend on it.

The QB situation is not an easy fix, at all. If they go Bridgewater or Bortles, you get a project most likely. If they try and sign a vet, and then take Mettenberger or another guy in round 2-3, we will still not have a top half of the league QB next year.

Just frustrating how this team fell apart. And our FO is to blame by giving out so many terrible deals.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Today is a big day for the Texans at Bortles pro day. I think if he kills it today, he's our pick. He is a project but he has a pretty high ceiling if O'Brien can get the most out of him. Our FO is to blame for not finding many late round contributors in the draft too. Since 08 I don't think we've drafted very well after the 1st round. We've gotten some starters in the second and third but no one too good and our late round picks consistently get cut a year or too later. Hopefully we can turn that around too

vCash
    Mark Sanchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Today is a big day for the Texans at Bortles pro day. I think if he kills it today, he's our pick. He is a project but he has a pretty high ceiling if O'Brien can get the most out of him. Our FO is to blame for not finding many late round contributors in the draft too. Since 08 I don't think we've drafted very well after the 1st round. We've gotten some starters in the second and third but no one too good and our late round picks consistently get cut a year or too later. Hopefully we can turn that around too
    Well, he did it. O'Brien and Smith had just good things to say about him.

vCash
    Just signed Fitzpatrick to a 2-year deal. Really don't what to think about this.

vCash
    We're trading Schaub to the Raiders. Not only we will get rid of his contract, saving $4 million, we will also get a late-round pick for it. I'm feeling a whole lot better now.

vCash
    After seeing the Raiders, Browns and Jets all had interest, I figured someone would trade for him. It won't be much but maybe we'll get a contributor out of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    We're trading Schaub to the Raiders. Not only we will get rid of his contract, saving $4 million, we will also get a late-round pick for it. I'm feeling a whole lot better now.
    yep. Add to it that we can just bite the bullet and eat all of his guaranteed money this year, and we still get that $4 million, and he is completely off the cap next season.

Fitzpatrick is hopefully a mentor for Bortles. If we don't take Bortles, I would rather take Clowney or Mack, and then take a QB in round 2.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast