Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron Scott

vCash

Byron Scott

What do yall think of this guy he had been successful with the teams he's been with except the Cavs but come that's the Cavs lol...The guy seems to be waiting on the wings doing the lakeshow like he knows mike dantoni gonna get fired lol....all seriousness the Lakers need a guy who cares about the laker history and B Scott does

vCash
    How has he been successful exactly?

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Took the Nets to the Finals and Hornets to western conference finals and the Cavs are the Cavs .....he a good a coach and better than dantoni and you can't argue that he has respect from players also Kobe I wouldn't mind him being coach actually anybody than dantoni next year will be good

vCash
    I want Jeff Van Gundy or Jerry Sloan for Kobe's last 2 yrs. he'll I'll even ask Larry Brown, a proven championship coach to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    How has he been successful exactly?
    This

vCash
    Personally I'd give a try to Byron Scott.We don't have also a lot of choices after D'Antoni. Phil is gone,Sloan is too old,Van Gundy...well,I'd like him too,but I think Scott would fit better in the Lakers organization(ex-Laker,he did well with the Nets and the Hornets). The reality is grim,we have to scrap from what is left.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    Personally I'd give a try to Byron Scott.We don't have also a lot of choices after D'Antoni. Phil is gone,Sloan is too old,Van Gundy...well,I'd like him too,but I think Scott would fit better in the Lakers organization(ex-Laker,he did well with the Nets and the Hornets). The reality is grim,we have to scrap from what is left.
    How about we get a coach with championship pedigree? Say a Larry Brown?

vCash
    Byron Scott has integrity, and a keen insight on the mechanics of both offense and defense in Laker land. He commands respect from the players, and once Kobe is on board....well....thats all it takes. Its not the coaches job to recruit....thats on the GM. If Scott isnt the coach, I'd give a serious look at Kevin Ollie from U Conn. He has the same moral fiber as Scott and is an outstanding coach.

Some need to let the past go. We aren't rebuilding the past...we're building the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_108 View Post
    Took the Nets to the Finals and Hornets to western conference finals and the Cavs are the Cavs .....he a good a coach and better than dantoni and you can't argue that he has respect from players also Kobe I wouldn't mind him being coach actually anybody than dantoni next year will be good
    Never made conference finals with he hornets... But I agree. Scott would be great. Took the Nets to the finals. Hornets were very competitive with him. Most importantly he cares about the franchise. We need a guy like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Larry Brown isn't coming back to the NBA...

vCash
    While Byron Scott wouldn't be my first choice, he would be on the list. His coaching career has been very inconsistent and yes, he has done well with the Hornets and the Nets, but his message seems to wear thin on players after a couple of seasons.

Like i've said a couple times already, we should hire Rambis as interim coach for 2014-2015 and then get either Vogel or Thibs when their contracts expire at the end of the 2014-2015 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Yeah, let's get a coach who's old as ****!!

vCash
    The Van Gundy brothers flat out SUCK as coaches. I cannot understand why people are in love with them, Talk about Byron Scott's resume. What in the hell have the Van Gundy brothers won. NOTHING, So to say Scott doesn't have the pedigree to be coach of the Lakers is ***-backwards because he has a more impressive playoff pedigree than either of the Van Gundy brothers. Scott would have a ring as a coach had it not been for the Lakers and Spurs. I feel they would have beaten anybody else that they had played when he was with the Nets. He also had a nice run with the Hornets taking them deep into the playoffs.

We need a coach that Kobe will respect, The Van Gundy brothers do not fit into that. They are .500 coaches and that's it! Jeff Van Gundy is a joke anyways, He actually thinks D'Antoni is a competent coach, If he really believes this he judgement is questionable to begin with.

Sidenote: Larry Brown and Jerry Sloan are hasbeens and would not bring a much better situation that is present now. Niether one can communicate well with today's players. And that is a important component in today's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    The Van Gundy brothers flat out SUCK as coaches. I cannot understand why people are in love with them, Talk about Byron Scott's resume. What in the hell have the Van Gundy brothers won. NOTHING, So to say Scott doesn't have the pedigree to be coach of the Lakers is ***-backwards because he has a more impressive playoff pedigree than either of the Van Gundy brothers. Scott would have a ring as a coach had it not been for the Lakers and Spurs. I feel they would have beaten anybody else that they had played when he was with the Nets. He also had a nice run with the Hornets taking them deep into the playoffs.

We need a coach that Kobe will respect, The Van Gundy brothers do not fit into that. They are .500 coaches and that's it! Jeff Van Gundy is a joke anyways, He actually thinks D'Antoni is a competent coach, If he really believes this he judgement is questionable to begin with.

Sidenote: Larry Brown and Jerry Sloan are hasbeens and would not bring a much better situation that is present now. Niether one can communicate well with today's players. And that is a important component in today's game.
    This... **** the van morons!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Yeah, let's get a coach who's old as ****!!
    He's 10x more physically mobile than that Phil guy at both men's stages of life.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast