Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Michael Jordan couldn't average 40 points per game in today's NBA!

Jordan would not have it as easy today. Evolution is the reason.

AWESOME READ: http://www.balldontstop.com/michael-...in-todays-nba/

vCash
    I think Kevin Durant, LeBron, Melo could all average 40ppg if they wanted to. They'd just have to play iso-ball and put up 30 shots per game. Would this benefit their team? NO! Would their team suffer? Probably. Could they do it? Yes.

MJ could average 40ppg if we wanted to in todays NBA or during his time. Would he do it? No. Mj averaged 37.1 ppg one year and took 27 shots per game that year. He could bump that up to 31-32 and do that EASILY now if he wanted to. But so could LeBron, Melo, even Monta Ellis. If ANYONE takes enough shots (and is a good scorer / volume scorer), they can average 40ppg.
    Last edited by NoahH; 03-15-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    FINALLY this is an article.

So tired of people saying MJ would be the best player in the league bar none today, and that people like Kobe, Lebron & Durant would struggle in MJ's era.

LEBRON WOULD BE BETTER in MJ's era. It would be absolutely MORE UNFAIR than what MJ was able to. Lebron would be at the free throw line 15 times a game without question because of a sluggish center position in those days, and guards/forwards not even close to being the athletic specimen he is.

vCash
    Disagree

vCash
    With the softer defense/ touchier calls today the things MJ could do would be endless. I could see 40 ppg forsure

vCash
    sure he could! he came close a couple times and you add to it the all the star calls from today's game and it being a more wide open/fineses game(inspired by mj)and that'd bump him up
    Last edited by abe_froman; 03-15-2014 at 06:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    With the softer defense/ touchier calls today the things MJ could do would be endless. I could see 40 ppg forsure
    I would let MJ shoot from the outside all day. Today's game has much more stout help defense and quicker more athletic big men. I just don't see jordan driving to the hole as effective on these athletic SG or SF and then making jokes out of the athletic PF's/C at the rim like he did in his era.

vCash
    Simply, I ask, how would you know? Its based on speculation and or assumptions not reality. Facts are based on truth not opinion.

vCash
    Perfect example... Pacers/Clippers.

First he has to blow by PG or Granger/Barnes and then will be met by Hibbert or DJ.
    I don't see that translating into gauranteed buckets by MJ just like it wouldn't for Lebron or Durant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootypants View Post
    Perfect example... Pacers/Clippers.

First he has to blow by PG or Granger/Barnes and then will be met by Hibbert or DJ.
    I don't see that translating into gauranteed buckets by MJ just like it wouldn't for Lebron or Durant.
    Hakeem, Shaq, and Drob parked under the basket is more intimidating than Hibbert or DJ

vCash
    Wether or not the guy would score 40 ppg today, I can't say, but that article is pretty bs. If Jordan was that ahead of the curve at that time, if you put him in modern time then wouldn't he be that much quicker, faster, hangtime, cuz he would also have all the benefit of advanced training from a young age that players have today??

I hear the same thing about all the old school players, but that's bs. If you're going to take old school players and stick them in this era, then you gotta also assume they would ALSO benefit from all the advanced training and techniques that today's athletes do, and be that much better in modern time than they were in their time.

Also, hand checking DOES make a difference. If he was able to get to the rim with the ease he did with hand checking allowed, I could only imagine how quickly he would blow by defenders without hand checking. Why did they ban it to begin with? what happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootypants View Post
    FINALLY this is an article.

So tired of people saying MJ would be the best player in the league bar none today, and that people like Kobe, Lebron & Durant would struggle in MJ's era.

LEBRON WOULD BE BETTER in MJ's era. It would be absolutely MORE UNFAIR than what MJ was able to. Lebron would be at the free throw line 15 times a game without question because of a sluggish center position in those days, and guards/forwards not even close to being the athletic specimen he is.
    So some random person with no cred writes a blog and suddenly it's the truth? It's probably the OP's own blog he's promoting here.

vCash
    a few big assumptions being made here
    1.that the players from late 80's/90's werent athletic,today they are...you are treating it like he played in the 1940's,when it really wasnt that long ago.the drop in athleticism isnt as big as its being made out to be.

2.that its a talent,when really any great enough scorer can reach 40 if given the right conditions(green light,enough pt,fast enough pace,ect.).kobe's 35 ppg season is a reflection of that a usg% of 40%,40mpg taking nearly 30 fga...if he was as efficient with his shot as mj he would have gotten 40

3.the whole handchecking thing is self evident
    Last edited by abe_froman; 03-15-2014 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    "But I still believe James would dominate Jordanís era more than he dominates his own era currently."
    this writer is full of excrement...

I just went to the current NBA standings and looked at the teams thinking of which ones Jordan wouldnt run wild on. Besides the Bulls and Spurs, I think he'll have a field day on everyone else. Before you Heat fans go crazy saying "LeBron will guard him" look at LeBron's defensive games against Melo, Kobe, and Durant and reassess your opinion.

as for this article, its too unbelievably biased to be taken seriously
    1. it doesnt take into account that most current players are reliant on their "athletecism", not the knowledge of the game. Jordan was not only athletic but a basketball prodigy.
    2. Hand checking makes a HUGE difference when playing against a defender! this writer or those who agree with his premise must have never played a pick up game in his/her life! I dont understand what he meant by saying LeBron will get more free throws, because hand checking was NOT A FOUL under those rules.
    3. If we're hypothetically putting Jordan into this era, then he will have access to all of the training and techniques of this era. thus his athletecism would match this era's as well as maintaining his basketball IQ and killer competitive mentality.

i have more but this article isn't even worth it
    Last edited by IkeDoIt; 03-15-2014 at 06:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    Hakeem, Shaq, and Drob parked under the basket is more intimidating than Hibbert or DJ
    Was about to say the same, and don't sleep on Smits, Mourning, Ewing, etc. All the "2nd tier centers" of that day would easily be top tier centers today. (Ewing was top tier during his time, imo)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast