Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Patriots resign Edelman!

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Patriots and WR Julian Edelman just reached agreement, per source. Back to New England.
    Last edited by xnick5757; 03-15-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash

Patriots Re-Sign Julian Edelman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Well they got him at BB's price. I hope all the weeping weenies from a few days ago remember these last 3 signings before they assault the board next year this time when we don't sign the biggest names a minute after 4 PM...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Yeah buddy!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Well they got him at BB's price. I hope all the weeping weenies from a few days ago remember these last 3 signings before they assault the board next year this time when we don't sign the biggest names a minute after 4 PM...
    wonder what that was. 3/14? 4/20? 5/25?

vCash
    So this is what we have for offensive skill positions right now...

RB: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden

FB: Develin

WR: Edleman, Amendola, Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce, Slater

TE: Gronk, Hooman, D.J. Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    siyanora brandon cooks. hello kelvin benjamin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    So this is what we have for offensive skill positions right now...

RB: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden

FB: Develin

WR: Edleman, Amendola, Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce, Slater

TE: Gronk, Hooman, D.J. Williams

RB is fine (maybe pick up a 4th for depth?)

WR and TE still seem weak - depends on how the young guys step up. Wouldn't mind another WR or two brought in

vCash
    I can't see Benjamin being an instant impact player here. He's too raw and the offense is too complex. If Brady was younger and we could wait a year or two for him to come into his own then it'd be a different story but I just can't see it with Brady's window closing and him being so demanding of receivers.

I aslo thought Chandler Jones was too raw to be an immediate impact guy and he proved me wrong. Even though he still has room to grow and things he can be better at he's still been an impact player. So I could be wrong on Benjamin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I can't see Benjamin being an instant impact player here. He's too raw and the offense is too complex. If Brady was younger and we could wait a year or two for him to come into his own then it'd be a different story but I just can't see it with Brady's window closing and him being so demanding of receivers.

I aslo thought Chandler Jones was too raw to be an immediate impact guy and he proved me wrong. Even though he still has room to grow and things he can be better at he's still been an impact player. So I could be wrong on Benjamin too.
    i dont think he needs to be an imediate impact in every area right away, you throw him out there at moss's old spot out wide and he will draw coverage. allows all our other wrs to move down the depth chart where they would be even better. dobson at #2 would be very productive. but kelvin could make an impact in the red zone right away alongside gronk imo. you want to beat a physical aggressive d like seattle then we need to get more physical and bigger. gronk and benjamin would be a mismatch for that elite d!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    wonder what that was. 3/14? 4/20? 5/25?
    Probably around 3/10, maybe a little bit more.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 25m

One again Bill Belichick played the slot WR market perfectly.. he knew what the market was and stuck to his offer.
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · Jul 11

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

vCash

If we really want to draft a big WR in the 1st round, then trade up and go get Mike Adams. More likely to make an impact this year and he has some ridiculous upside. I've watched alot of film of Adams and I see alot of Calvin Johnson in him (not saying he'll be as good, but the size, route running, body control, and fluidity are all Megatron-like).

I wanted Edelman back, but on cheap money. Hopefully that's exactly what this is. Does this mean Amendola might be cut?

vCash
    Does this increase the chances of Amendola getting traded?

If we can't reach agreement with Wilfork. I say trade them both for a WR. I was just joking about Andre Johnson in the other thread but those 2 names should be able to pull someone good.

vCash
    Why does almost everyone want another WR? I'd rather give Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce another year to show improvement. Definitely hope another TE is added in the first or second round though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    Why does almost everyone want another WR? I'd rather give Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce another year to show improvement. Definitely hope another TE is added in the first or second round though.
    Can't rely on Dobson yet methinks. I'm making the assumption Gronk comes back healthy at start of season. TE @ 1st round would be a waste then.

Browns had interest in Edelman at slot. So ship Amendola and Wilfork over to CLE for Gordon LOL.
    Last edited by The_Konnection; 03-15-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast