Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John idzik!!!

vCash

John idzik!!!

I've been a Jets fan for about 30 years. I felt going into this offseason we were going in the right direction for Super Bowl, Lets get this out the way now I didn't expect it to happen overnight!! I agreed with the Revis trade. I was proud of what they got back. Sheldon Richardson was a great draft choice and will be a great Jet. Dee Millner ( THE JURY IS STILL OUT) !!

I felt the last season was on Rex Ryan TOATALLY!! I felt I John Idzik wanted to fire him. Woody wanted to give him one Last chance because Sanchez was HORRIBLE!! John Idzik wanted the current Jacksonville Jaguars coach to be the Jets Head Coach!!

Every Jet fan was looking forward to this Offseason for the cap money and 12 picks.. Now I though Antonio Cromartie was a lock to get resigned to come back to the team. I thought we would bring back Austin Howard, I didn't expect the Jets to go wild in Free Agency but HOW IN THE [B]HELL COULD THEY LET REVIS GO TO THE PATRIOTS!![/B]

By not bringing Revis back was a personal decision NOT BUSINESS!! The Jets were in clear need to get a Cornerback. Rex Ryan's defense will not work without a shut down corner!! The Jets secondary is a mess now were going to pay Dominique Rodger Cromartie ? WHY!! He a step down even from A Cromartie!!

Jets fan are too smart for this bullsit!1 This guy clearly thinks he knows more than everyone. Well See!!! I've seen General Managers like him: Isaiah Thomas, Scott Laden, Omar Minaya, Steve Phillips ect. If the Jets go 4 and 12 he should be fired!1 YES!! I said he should be fired!!

Please my fellow Jets fans please understand I live in Boston and have to witness the unthinkable Revis on the New England Patriots!! If we signed another top Cornerback, I wouldn't have been upset. But the Patriots are loading up and we have about 25 Million in Salary Capspace left!!

I'm sure every Jet fan is scratching their head on this one" WHY IS SANCHEZ AND HIS CAP NUMBER STILL ON THIS TEAM. All you had to do was cut Sanchez and sign Revis? WTF WTF I DONT GET IT?

vCash

John idzik!!!

Very anger
    Such all caps
    Many exclamation
    wow

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Wow

vCash
    Wow. 1 player doesn't make the team.. Going 2 have 2 get over the revis thing.. Calm down.. It's only 1 week into free agency!!!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    I had a long post written out in response to this, but it was totally not worth it.

Stop ranting, JI is doing a good job growing this team the right way (and I think he should have made a move on Revis, but there was no chance to lock him down long-term).

DRC can be very effective and I hope we sign him for 9-10m for 4 years.

Sanchez will be cut before he's paid.

The draft will tell the story of JI's success...CALM THE **** DOWN. 6am rant post da faq

vCash
    The Jets are not in the same position as the Pats or the Broncos. The Pats and Broncos are in all in mode because of the age of their starting QB'S. How much longer are Brady and Manning going to play. The Jets are young and building team that are trying to be competitive now but also in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan4515 View Post
    I've been a Jets fan for about 30 years. I felt going into this offseason we were going in the right direction for Super Bowl, Lets get this out the way now I didn't expect it to happen overnight!! I agreed with the Revis trade. I was proud of what they got back. Sheldon Richardson was a great draft choice and will be a great Jet. Dee Millner ( THE JURY IS STILL OUT) !!

I felt the last season was on Rex Ryan TOATALLY!! I felt I John Idzik wanted to fire him. Woody wanted to give him one Last chance because Sanchez was HORRIBLE!! John Idzik wanted the current Jacksonville Jaguars coach to be the Jets Head Coach!!

Every Jet fan was looking forward to this Offseason for the cap money and 12 picks.. Now I though Antonio Cromartie was a lock to get resigned to come back to the team. I thought we would bring back Austin Howard, I didn't expect the Jets to go wild in Free Agency but HOW IN THE [B]HELL COULD THEY LET REVIS GO TO THE PATRIOTS!![/B]

By not bringing Revis back was a personal decision NOT BUSINESS!! The Jets were in clear need to get a Cornerback. Rex Ryan's defense will not work without a shut down corner!! The Jets secondary is a mess now were going to pay Dominique Rodger Cromartie ? WHY!! He a step down even from A Cromartie!!

Jets fan are too smart for this bullsit!1 This guy clearly thinks he knows more than everyone. Well See!!! I've seen General Managers like him: Isaiah Thomas, Scott Laden, Omar Minaya, Steve Phillips ect. If the Jets go 4 and 12 he should be fired!1 YES!! I said he should be fired!!

Please my fellow Jets fans please understand I live in Boston and have to witness the unthinkable Revis on the New England Patriots!! If we signed another top Cornerback, I wouldn't have been upset. But the Patriots are loading up and we have about 25 Million in Salary Capspace left!!

I'm sure every Jet fan is scratching their head on this one" WHY IS SANCHEZ AND HIS CAP NUMBER STILL ON THIS TEAM. All you had to do was cut Sanchez and sign Revis? WTF WTF I DONT GET IT?
    Since when did Turkey's learn to type....there are so many on this forum.

I'm not even going to bother. This dude argues not signing a CB for $12M is "not business".....

vCash
    I'm turkey

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by POCKETROCKETS View Post
    Yes, and my name isn't kevin acording to Jets012

vCash
    I was originally not planning to reply to the OP because it's a short-sided post by the typical overreacting fan. Then I realize I could save you from the hypertension and bursting a blood vessel.

1) Who said the Jets let Revis go the Patriots? As Jets fans, we know better than anyone that Revis is a businessman. He "leaked" his "desire" to come back to the Jets to gain leverage for an extra mil or 2 from the Pats. Revis and the Jets ended their relationship on bitter terms and I doubt he would've wanted to come back to deal with more of the same. I think his intention was to sign with the Pats, so that he could stick it to us.

Besides. The Pats tied up a lot of money behind Revis and now Browner. They lost Spikes and stand a good chance of losing Wilfork. They also don't have the money to sign Edelman. Their only chance to sign a decent WR now is Sanders, who IMO is overrated. Who knows if this Revis deal will be worth for the Pats at the end of the day?

2) Antonio Cromartie has chronic hip issues, sapping his speed, the one thing that allows him to be a top ten CB and cover up his deficiencies in the secondary. His career is on the decline now, so it's the right time to move on. Dominique Rodgers Cromartie would be a clear upgrade over Cro at this stage in their careers so any way you slice it, it will be a good deal

3) The Jets do not have to cut Sanchez until March 25th, when he receives his $2M bonus. There's no rush to cut him before then. I think it's more the case of the Jets wanting to lock up a backup QB before releasing Sanchez especially since he's the second best QB in free agency, after Vick. Do I think the Jets should still keep him? No, because I think it both sides need a fresh start, as Sanchez would be a distraction throughout entire the season.

4) Austin Howard is probably the only leg you have to stand on for your argument. Even so, the Raiders overpaid Howard in my mind. Only gripe I have with that is that they could have possibly found a better option than Giacomini, who I've heard is strong, but stiff. I think speed rushers could give him trouble. He's almost as good as Howard though so things could be worse.

Ultimately, I think that Idzik will hopefully show New Yorkers how rewarding it is to build a team from the ground up to set up shop for long-term success versus making bold and risky moves that could potentially set the Jets back years in time.

vCash
    Revis was too pricey, which is why he left in the first place. Look what the pats got, a 12 million dollar one year rental. It does nothing to solve their growing list of long term problems.

vCash
    Please close this Thread!!! I'm done with the Jets!!!!

vCash
    The guy is trying to build a champion, not make the flashy headlines..

Fans like the creator of this thread are the reason most NY teams have struggled..

A shiny turd somehow sells more than building a team from the ground up with quality organizational decisions to these people...

Idzik helped build a team that just won a Superbowl..

The pats can afford to spend big money on a guy like Revis because the Brady window is beginning to get closer to closing..

Ours is just beginning to open..

Calm down and let the guy do his job..

vCash
    Here's the thing for me as a fan: I accepted the fact, even before FA began, that last year the NY Jets were NOT going to be major players in the Free Agent market. Their cap was messed up royally-- heck the Jets just to get under had to release Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith.. What you saw last season with the Mike Goodson, Antwan Barnes, David Nelson, Dawan Landry was about all you were going to see; the type of guys where you might have 2, 3 year deals in the 1.5-3 million max range.

Here's the problem I see this year: I see so many fans that say, "Oh the Jets don't need to get involved too much and blow up their cap for years to come like Tanny did." How exactly would a 2 year, 12 million dollar deal like what Woodley got from Oakland blow up the Jets cap for years to come? Or Captain Munnerlyn at 3 years 14 million, with a contract that you could save nearly 3.2 million (According to overthecap.com) as early as next season? Or G Shelly Smith (2 years, 5.5 million); Louis Delmas 1 year, 3.25 million. I see 4 guys that could help the Jets and Idzik would have only spent less than 17 million and that's if you used their APY salary and the longest contract you would have had was 3 years. You would have addressed FS, G, CB, and 3-4 OLB. Sign Decker and Breno and you still have, with a Sanchez cut, 19 or 20 million+ left over (Depending on how the contracts are structured). So tell me how that blows up the Jets salary cap? Say what you want folks, there were inexpensive contracts to be had!

The draft can only help so much!
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 03-15-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast