Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So are the Carolina Panthers just going to ...

Let all of their offensive players go away ? Looking more and more that Cam will have nothing but practice squad and rookies to throw to next season . For a supposedly up and coming Super Bowl contending team they have done nothing to improve . Many though Nicks would be logical but he's with the colts now and they're running out of targets . They need some type of vet leadership and at the moment can't be picky might even have to take a chance on Chad Johnson on a one year vet deal ... That's how bad it's gotten. Outside of Watkins and Evans I wouldn't depend on a rookie WR being my number 1 on that roster who are aiming for a Super Bowl . What will this team do ?

Jimmer invented Tapatalk.

vCash
    I wouldn't say the Panthers really lost anyone offensively for Cam they are probably going to have to draft somebody early for him.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 03-14-2014 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    i dont get letting steve smith go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I wouldn't say the Panthers really lost anyone offensively for Cam they are probably going to have to draft somebody early for him.
    Their starting LT retired. Their starting LG retired. Their #1 WR is a Raven. Their #3 WR is a Cardinal. Their #2 WR is a FA that's gotten interest from other teams. How have they not lost anyone offensively? No one they've lost is anything special other than Gross at LT but just losing that amount of players would hurt any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    CAR is fine as long as Cam is good and Chad Johnson will never play in the NFL again.

vCash
    Shame if they spoil the potential that defense has

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Let all of their offensive players go away ? Looking more and more that Cam will have nothing but practice squad and rookies to throw to next season . For a supposedly up and coming Super Bowl contending team they have done nothing to improve . Many though Nicks would be logical but he's with the colts now and they're running out of targets . They need some type of vet leadership and at the moment can't be picky might even have to take a chance on Chad Johnson on a one year vet deal ... That's how bad it's gotten. Outside of Watkins and Evans I wouldn't depend on a rookie WR being my number 1 on that roster who are aiming for a Super Bowl . What will this team do ?

Chad Johnson? Really? There's no way in hell the Panthers or any team is going to sign him. They would be better off promoting someone from the practice squad than signing Chad Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Their starting LT retired. Their starting LG retired. Their #1 WR is a Raven. Their #3 WR is a Cardinal. Their #2 WR is a FA that's gotten interest from other teams. How have they not lost anyone offensively? No one they've lost is anything special other than Gross at LT but just losing that amount of players would hurt any team.
    WR was an area they needed to improve anyway, why resign the #2 and #3 you are replacing?

The three old vets, retired 2 OL and grumpy old receiver, were their long enough and had to be replaced.

Those are all parts they were looking to upgrade and they could still easily do it with what's left in FA and the draft. They could get one of the two TE that will go mid to late 1st, pair him with Olsen and still find a good WR in the 2nd.

CAR isn't going anywhere as long as they have that D and a healthy Cam. That defense will be strong for a while.

They could be very Seattle-like in the near future, they let their WR walk too.
    Last edited by goalie; 03-14-2014 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    I don't know if the rest of the NFL has missed it or what, but what offensive talent did we really have to lose? Don't get me wrong, I hate seeing Smith leave and it sucks that Gross is retiring, but Smith wasn't much last year and Gross had a solid year coming off of two sub-par years so it's not a guarantee he'd return. Our OL was pretty awful last year and aside from Olsen I wasn't excited about our receivers heading into the season regardless of if we re-signed everyone. I mean, Ted Ginn was seeing a lot of time at WR for us (even started 2 games), how is that not bottom of the barrel?

LaFell is a big bundle of meh, but I hope we manage to get him back so Cam at least has a familiar target. I was hoping for the team to risk it on Nicks, but I'm assuming the report that said we weren't as interested in him as everyone thought might be true since we supposedly offered more than IND and he's from Carolina. I've read that we're interested in James Jones, but I'm somewhat leery about bringing in a WR from GB since they always kick *** with Rodgers throwing to them. I'd like to see Sidney Rice in Carolina on a cheap deal.

I don't think we're in as deep **** as everyone (including our fanbase who are pretty much rioting) thinks we are. In 2013 we won via great defensive play (specifically great front 7 play) and Cam overcoming terrible WRs and OL. We have all the necessary pieces to do that again, plus the draft and late FAs having hit yet (last year we picked up several plug-in players who had significant play-time after the big FA signings). I think we'll still have a winning record, my way too early guess is around 10-6.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Thanks Marty Hurney. All those terrible drafts and contracts he gave out are finally catching up with the team. I read somewhere Carolina has somewhere near $107 million allocated for 19 players in 2015. That could be completely wrong, but I do believe I read that somewhere.

vCash

So are the Carolina Panthers just going to ...

They are lacking weapons in a major way and with two big contracts to two overpaid running backs. He has Olsen and that's it. They should be looking at James Jones, and Sidney Rice for sure. Maybe an older guy like Moss. Not sure they need help at wr cb and o line. As well as safety
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    I mean when I look at the talent they have and then I look at who might be there to draft at WR I just don't trust them especially as a number 1 for this current team . Now yes Chad had burned his bridge in the Miami and it seems like every where else but I still think he has something left as a 2 or 3 WR , he did look good in Miami he just dropped a few passes it happens . But physically he should still be good . They need more Vet leadership from that crop , Chad wouldn't be the worse thing IMO but there will be those who think otherwise because they still think he's a joke . At this point Carolina have no options , doesn't make sense to waste a year with the talent on the defensive side . Their scouts better be on their A Game come draft day that's all I have to say .... Or trade their 1st and next years to try and trade up and get Watkins or Evans .

vCash
    Them placing that franchise tag on Hardy killed them .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    This. Carolina is in serious trouble.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Saving money for Cam's 20 million he'll be asking for
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast