Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The KNICKS TRIANGLE

Which of our players would fit the triangle and why?

Will the Triangle be successful here? Who will Jackson get to implement it?

This is the all things Triangle thread.

(And for some of you studious fans, can you give everyone a simple explanation of the Triangle Offense and the guiding pricipals?)

vCash
    Hardaway/Shump/Melo are the only 3 players that fit the triangle in my eyes. I really think Shump could play like Ron Harper type PG when he was on the bulls. Metta.....O wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    I get the feeling that Steve Kerr will be our coach next year.

Can Melo do a Kobe role in the triangle? I would assume so but i don't know the system well. I'm trying to think of his old teams and if we have similar type players at any spot.

vCash
    Melo, Shumpert, Hardaway and believe it or not Bargnani fit the triangle offense.

vCash
    brain shaw wil get a buy out in denver is my guess

vCash
    The whole starting 5 can play the triangle

Felton won't be ask to run the offense which is the beauty of the triangle

Jr can intially start he offense and pass off to the pg

Melo will be posting up more which is what MJ did a lot

Amare can provide the 2nd option on offense in the pick and pop or pick and roll

Tyson can be the "set up teammates to score" by being at the block and handing it off

Now the question is can they understand it

Edit: also to add the triangle is meant to make other players outside your best 2 better. By giving them better shot opportunities makes it harder for the defense to guard the best player because everyone will be a threat

So I don't believe in the whole non sense that you need certain players to succeed
    Last edited by Crackadalic; 03-14-2014 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    lmao!!! Jordan,pippen rodman/ horace grant!! umm melo, iman, hardaway!! ok! we will see I guess!

vCash
    kobe, shaq!!!! ok

vCash
    Almost everyone on our squad can fit the triangle.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    lmao!!! Jordan,pippen rodman/ horace grant!! umm melo, iman, hardaway!! ok! we will see I guess!
    Not so funny, Phil never goes to a team without having his main pieces in play.
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    I think Kerr is gonna be the guy. I'd be surprised if Brian Shaw asked for a buyout, that's highly unlikely.
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I think Kerr is gonna be the guy. I'd be surprised if Brian Shaw asked for a buyout, that's highly unlikely.
    Either one would be a good extension of Phil who have worked with him before and would have great communication back and forth.

vCash
    I think one player that would benefit most from the Triangle might be Bargnani. I think if you put Bargnani in the Gasol role and take some of the thinking out of the game (more read and react in Triangle), Bargnani becomes that much more effective.

vCash
    Shumpert can play PG in the triangle...but who exactly invented this system and if it's so great, why haven't I head about other coaches using it?

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Shumpert can play PG in the triangle...but who exactly invented this system and if it's so great, why haven't I head about other coaches using it?
    Because you need a couple of things to make the triangle successful:

1. Great wing scorer
    2. Top Notch post Big
    3. Defense, Rebounding Big
    4. Spot up shooters
    5. layers that can move without the ball and finish.
    6. All of the above plus the players have to be good enough defenders to not be liabilities, and smart enough to run the offense.

Plus, additionally, you need coaches that can teach the system and make minor adjustments to get the most out of the talent.

It's easier said than done, but the first domino is the most important: great wing scorer who is not a liability on defense or passing or handle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast