Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Durant: Jordan and Kobe are 1 and 1a

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/n...t.html/?ref=YF

Full article here gives more insight about Durant and his game:
    http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/20...m-kobe-bryant/

I've always like Durant's modesty

Of course. Heís the greatest of all time. His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill. You can put in athleticism and be the best passer and strongest and quickest. But itís about skill. I think thatís how his game is played. Thatís why Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the three, shooting the pull up, posting up, dunking on guys and ball handling. Itís flat out skill. Him and Jordan are 1 and 1 a. Theyíre neck and neck as far as the skills are concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    His opinion.

vCash
    It astonishes me how little NBA players know about basketball when evaluating other players lol..

Kobe is one of the most skilled scorers ever but not even close to being one of the most skilled all-around players.

End of story.

vCash
    Before this turns into a Kobe-LeBron war, please note he is talking about "SKILL", not impact.

I have no problem with this. Durant isn't old enough to have watched Bird for instance, and the most technically skilled basketball players, fundamentally, in the past 25 years, probably are MJ and Kobe. I don't think Kobe's impact is the same as Duncan, Shaq, or LeBron, but you can easily argue his basketball skill is higher.

Also, remember, Durant's game resembles those guys. I am not sure he would appreciate a Magic/LeBron as much as many others.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I respect the heck out of Durant. Guy is such a good player and seems like a good guy as well but no way is Kobe a 1b player of all time. Kobe is top 10 all time for sure but not 1b.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post
    It astonishes me how little NBA players know about basketball when evaluating other players lol..

Kobe is one of the most skilled scorers ever but not even close to being one of the most skilled all-around players.

End of story.
    LOL ok mr bball expert

vCash

Durant: Jordan and Kobe are 1 and 1a

Well he was a teammate and friend with on of them...

vCash
    Very kind words from KD .

vCash
    Hes right, Peak Kobe-MJ-Bird are the most skilled scorers we've ever seen.

"Itís absolutely ludicrousĒ (to judge players based on whether theyíve won a title.)

vCash
    Its amazing how people's hate can blind them.

vCash
    If you look at the words there's no argument. Footwork, shooting 3, pull up, post up, ball handling..... it's obvious.

He's not saying anything MJ and multiple others haven't said over and over....

vCash
    Very exceptional assessment from KD and his understanding of the game. Skill wise, MJ and Kobe are 1a and 1b. Im sure the vast majority of NBA personell will easily agree with that. Im sure the vast majority of individuals posting on PSD will find it difficult to stomach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Very exceptional assessment from KD and his understanding of the game. Skill wise, MJ and Kobe are 1a and 1b. Im sure the vast majority of NBA personell will easily agree with that. Im sure the vast majority of individuals posting on PSD will find it difficult to stomach.
    It's not difficult to stomach as long as you understand skill does not equal impact.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Before this turns into a Kobe-LeBron war, please note he is talking about "SKILL", not impact.

I have no problem with this. Durant isn't old enough to have watched Bird for instance.
    C'mon Hawkeye, you should probably know by now KD modeled his game after Larry Bird more then anybody else...he's said it himself.
    This is all very funny.

Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    C'mon Hawkeye, you should probably know by now KD modeled his game after Larry Bird more then anybody else...he's said it himself.
    then he has watched a lot of youtube..

But yeah, that is why he has Kobe and MJ so high. He modeled his game after skilled scorers.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast